Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Best Kept Disaster

The Tour

by hotty7791 1 review

How do you go from wanting to be an engineer to being the lead singer of a band? Two words for you. Careers Class. That class scared the living shit out of me. I went from having everything planned...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] [X] - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-07-01 - 1446 words

0Unrated
We all loved music and playing music. When we were bored, we would all go to Daryan's house and play cover songs. None of us really took it seriously and we had never made our own songs.

We walked over to the shelf to grab our instruments. I grabbed my guitar, Daryan grabbed hers, Alex grabbed her bass and Miranda walked over to the drum set. I threw my stuff on the ground and played a couple chords. The girls quickly joined in and soon we were all playing Hang 'Em High by My Chemical Romance. Smirking, I grabbed one of the mic's that were hooked up and began to sing. When we finished the song, the rest of the class broke out in applause. We had never actually played a song as a band in class before.

With a wide smile our music teacher walked up to us, "That was really good you guys, are you an official band?"

"No, we just fool around sometimes nothing serious. Just some little stuff." Miranda replied.

"Well you should seriously consider forming one if that's what you can produce with just some light practicing." He then tapped his baton on his stand and class began.

The rest of the day, I pondered what he had said to us and brought it up that night when we were at Alex's. "Have you guys thought about what Mr, Tinselled said? You know, about forming a band?" I asked tentatively.

Miranda spoke first, "I have and I think it's a great idea. Even if we don't make it big I love performing and I think it's be a blast."

"Yeah, it's such a rush being up on that stage and I'm sure it would be even better than in Jazz Band." Daryan commented.

"I think we should do it." Alex said finally.

"I'm up for it, but we need songs I mean I have no trouble writing the music for them but I can't write lyrics worth crap," Daryan laughed.

Quietly I spoke up. "I can." They all just stared at me. "Well what do you think is in that book I always carry around with me? Drawings? I can't even draw stick people!" They all wanted to read some of my stuff so I grabbed my book and found a song I wrote the first time I had to miss going to my dads for work.

After reading it, Alex came right over and gave me a hug. "Why didn't you tell us about all this? I mean we could have helped you through it. You know we're always here for you."

"Yeah but you guys don't need my problems on top of your own" I sighed.

"Never ever feel like that. You are our friend and your problems are our problems. That goes for everyone here. If you have something that you need to talk about don't feel bad about tell anyone of us." We all agreed. This is why I loved my friends. They always made me feel better about everything.

"Ok so we have lyrics, music for them now we need a name... any ideas?" Miranda said.

"Black Curtain!"

"Rain Cloud!"

"Care Bears" Daryan shouted. We all just stared. "What? Everyone else was yelling out names I felt like yelling out something too and I like Care Bears" She finished with a shrug.

"Hey, What about Best Kept Disaster?" I suggested. After a moment of thinking, everyone was nodding.

"I like it" Alex said. She began to sketch a logo for us. She was the only one who had any artistic talent when it came to drawing. Staring at the picture she was drawing we were all amazed. It was an angel with a tear coming down her cheek being held back by two trees that snaked around her body. BKD was underneath of it in script. It was a striking picture.

"That is so amazing Alex. We are totally using that for our symbol," Daryan said in awe.

Suddenly I looked at my watch and realised it was already 9pm. "Shit guys, I got to go. I'll see you guys tomorrow at school. As I left Alex's, I was filled with a happy feeling. This was something good and something that would take us to places we hadn't even considered.


Quickly the Band became one of our top priorities. All we did was school work and band practice. My boss had retired so I had my hours cut back. We had developed quite a reputation in our community and had quite a large fan base. Our songs were being played regularly on the radio and we had been playing in clubs in Detroit for a couple weeks.

It was after a show we played in Windsor at the Chubby Pickle that our whole lives changed. All laughing and still on the adrenaline induced high we walked off stage after our set and into our dressing room. When we arrived there, we were met by a man in a black band t-shirt and jeans.

"Hello, I'm Mark Matthews a talent scout for TV Industries. I've heard your stuff and I love it. Your show tonight was awesome and the crowd seemed to love you. I'm here to offer you a spot on our upcoming tour the High Velocity World Tour that will span over a whole year. If you want I can wait until after you've changed and we could go for coffee and discuss it?"

We all just stared in awe. Three months ago we weren't even a band and now this guy in in our dressing room and offering us a spot on a year long tour. Mouths slightly gaping, Alex was the first to recover. "Um ,yes that would be ok, we'll be ready in about an hour is that ok?"

Nodding Mark spoke, "Okay, I'll see you guys in the Starbucks down the street in an hour. See you then girls. Great job tonight."

When what just happened sunk in we all began jumping up and down and screaming which then led to us laughing at how stupid we were. "Ok guys before we get too excited, let's meet up with this guy and see what this is all about. For all we know this could be bogus." I said rationally but they could all see the smile on my face.

One hour later we walked into the coffee shop and spotted Mark at a table at the back. After getting coffees, we sat around the table and we got down to business.

"Ok so this tour as I've said is a year long. High Velocity is much like the Warped Tour except for a whole year and we do it every other year. Paycheques will be discussed at the end of the tour depending on how much we make and what ever profit you make from your merchandise you get to keep. The bands include, My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and like 20 others. This is our fifth year doing this and so far it's been a lot of fun. The only thing is, is that you are the only all girls that will be on tour. Are you okay with that?"

"That sounds absolutely amazing so other than clearing it with our parents we are so in!" I said extremely excited.

"I was hoping you would say that. Now there is one catch. The tour leaves in a week but you need to be in Chicago in three days to do paperwork and meet the rest of the bands. Is that okay? We will arrange transportation for you to get there."

Thinking Miranda replied" Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. Our last exam in day after tomorrow so we can leave directly after that. We don't need to go to graduation" She said excited.

We all looked at Mark. "When I send over the information to your manager. You do have a manager right?" We nodded. Amanda one of our other friends had been acting as our manager. "You will get a list of the other bands that will be there as well. So I think that's about it. I have all your information so I'll be in contact with you. It was great meeting you all and see you soon."

We all said our good byes, and went back home to talk to our parents giddy with excitement.

Although they weren't happy about taking time off school, we promised to save whatever money we made for our college tuition for when the tour ended. We were actually going on tour.

Review!!!!!.. Please?
Sign up to rate and review this story