Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's The Tearing Sound of Love Notes

Is your friend okay?

by nicole_ownsxxx 7 reviews

Meet the parents! scary.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-07-04 - Updated: 2007-07-05 - 1070 words

0Exciting
I knocked on the door of my old home nervously.

Imagine you're a teenager, and it's four in the morning on a Tuesday night and you're just now getting home. You're imagining what your parents are going to do to you, and you feel like such a screw up for letting them down like this. You didn't mean to stay out so late, and it wasn't your fault, because your stupid car broke down and your cell phone died so you couldn't call for help, but you know your parents won't understand, and you know they're going to murder you.

Well. That's how I was feeling.

Only I had five of my best friends behind me to keep me from sleeping under my parent's truck. Or, in my case, running back to the bus.

The door opened, and a plump woman with gray hair opened the door, and greeted us.

"Hello! Who are-"

Her smiled faded as she realized who it was, because of the purple and black in my hair and the paleness and the dark clothes, and the five men behind me.

"Roxanne," she said. I think this is how she meant to say hello.

"Hi," I said quietly, avoiding eye contact.

Bob spoke up. "Hi!" he said brightly. "I'm Bob Bryar, and this Ray Toro, Mikey Way, Frankie Iero, and Gerard Way. We're on tour with Roxie's band."

"Band?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Roxanne, you know I never liked your music."

I crossed my arms. "I know, Amber."

We stood there in an awkward silence for a few minutes. I was just looking at the ground, thinking about the day I'd told them I'd dropped out of college. I couldn't help it, though. College was sucking the will of live out of me.

Ray smiled. "Mind of we come inside?"

"Sure. Come in. I'll get Daniel."

This was awkward. I hadn't been here for four years, and I hadn't spoken to this people since the last time I was here.

"You have a dog now," I mused, seeing a stupid little puppy hop around barking at Frank, who'd gotten on all fours to play with him.

"Yeah. After you left, we got a dog. His name's Tony," my mother explained.

"I hate dogs."

"That's why we waited 'til after you left. Is your friend okay?"

Frankie was rolling around in the floor, barking at the dog.

Mikey laughed. "He does this all the time, ma'am."

Mother scrunched up her eyebrows. "Hm."

"Nice lady," Gerard whispered in my ear as she walked out of the room.

She came back in with a tall, skinny mad with a brown beard.

"Hi, Dad," I muttered.

"Hi, Roxie. What brings you to Arkansas? I thought you were living up north?" he asked.

"My band's on tour," I explained. Dad had always been a bit nicer than Mother. "We're playing in Texarkana tomorrow, if you want to come watch," I offered.

"I'll see if I can make it," he said, smiling.

"We can't!" Mother spat out. "We..have to go to the grocery store."

"All day?" Mikey asked.

She glared at him. "Yes," she hissed. "All day."

Gerard stood back, and his face was this weird pink color.

Dad frowned. "Roxie, is this your band?" he asked, pointing to the guys.

"No, this is My Chemical Romance. And they're my best friends," I explained, smiling at them.

Mother crossed her arms. "I bet your shagging all of them," she accused stupidly.

"No, Amber, still a virgin," I answered, rolling my eyes.

"Then why would they stay around you?"

"Because they're my friends, Amber!" I explained, my temper rising.

"Friends? Friends will get you no where, Roxanne. College would have. But you screwed that up."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, we'd better be going," I said, grabbing Bob and Gerard's wrists and pulling them to the door. "It's been.. erm.. interesting. If you don't mind, I have a tour to get back to."

Gerard ripped his wrist away from me, and went and got into my mother's face.

"Listen you old hag," he started. My jaw dropped. "Roxie's one of the most amazing people I've ever met. She's beautiful and isn't hypocritical like other everyone else. She's inspiring, and Roxanne Knowens is the only thing keeping us in line, and you're going to treat her like that? Just because she dropped out of college?"

"Well-" Mother started. "It wasn't just that! She-"

"I don't care what she did!" Gerard yelled. "She's fucking awesome!"

Dad grinned. "She is. We'll be there, Roxie. Or, I will anyway."

Mother huffed as Ray pulled Frankie off of the floor and out the door.

Gerard was walking behind us as we made our way back to the cafe, hands in his pockets. He looked angry.

I was having trouble believing the boy who'd flat out told me he hated me was defending me against my own mother. But then again, Gerard was a little random at times.

I stopped and waited for him to catch up with me, and we started talking.

"Hey."

"Hey," he mumbled back.

We walked for a few minutes, and I felt a tear run down my cheek. I hadn't realized that I was crying, and I quickly wiped it away before Gerard noticed it.

"Why'd you do that, Gee?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just... I didn't like seeing your mom treat you like. It struck a nerve. You're too...pure for that. You know?" he said, finally looked up from the ground, and staring me in the eye. "Don't cry."

I wiped another tear and grinned. "I didn't know I was crying."

"Most people know when they're crying, Roxie. You're a weird one."

"I get that a lot."

"Yeah, you do."

"Hey, Gerard?"

"What?"

"Thanks."

And I hugged him. He seemed shocked at first, but then he hugged back.

"You're not so bad, Roxie," he whispered in my ear.

Again with those damned butterflies.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
haha..i got yelled at because i put a smokebomb in the trash can at the fourth of july celebration.
"ARE YOU PROUD OF THAT?"
"erm.. well.. it was in a crowd, and i threw it in the trash!"
"Are you proud of putting that bomb in the trash!"
"would you rather have it in a crowd?!?"

i took a picture..XD!..that old man that yelled at me was a hag. rawr.

rate.review. please?
Sign up to rate and review this story