Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Rain

Storm Wrack

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Tru meets the Grand Master on his home turf

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-07-05 - Updated: 2007-07-05 - 1059 words - Complete

0Unrated

I've tried to
But can't get it through
I need to
God is all I've found
Can't get the hell off the ground
Out from under my feet
So this is how it feels, you sucker
And you've had too much to say
But it's over now
You're finally going down
Alone, alone

Celldweller - Under My Feet


He stepped up across the cemetery and his coat moved with the wind against the night sky. Tru slipped on the rocky path as he stepped up towards a set of mausoleum doors. He passed the Lebanon Circle, a beautiful Lebanon tree standing proudly in the centre. The dead were buried, peacefully he hoped, in this picturesque home designed for them alone.

"Let me not suffer the peace being broken with yet more bloodshed." He whispered as he looked over the scene and the stars gave him just enough light to pick up weathered grey roofs from the crypts and headstones amongst the trees.

He stepped up to a larger building which was another wall of mausoleums and then turned to see that the largest one of them all happened to be the one he was looking for anyway. Julius Beer's mausoleum stood proudly out on its own and blocking the full view of the circle from where he stood.

It was intentional.

It stopped them from enjoying the full view and why not? In his day the man had worked for his money and that stopped him being accepted by an elite society. He had loved his daughter so much that inside the tomb was a carving with what might well have been her image taken from a death mask. The place seemed to be a central point and Tru wondered why the vampire might choose this place. Was he Julius?

Tru didn't risk hanging about unprotected as the shadows curled around him making an ungodly sight against the backdrop of the tombs. He heard a movement and instinctively pressed his back to the ornate doors of Beer's tomb and looked around.

"We are never satisfied." Said the soft voice in front of him. The Grand Master stepped out in to his vision. "Creatures of habit are humans and ourselves. We cannot exist without fighting."

"And the point to this is?" Tru asked his hands slipping to his coat. "You came for my girl."

"She is not your girl." He said moving along the path and Tru followed. The shadows rolled under his footsteps following him like smoke along a dry path. "She had parents and you were not one of them. She was a child of another and still is but she trusts you. She could trust us, she would learn too."

"Why is she so important to you?" He growled.

"She has something useful to us." He said honestly as they moved down towards the open courtyard. "She has a talent that could be utilised. You are not giving her a chance to test that. Science is a front to me. I have no care if Iterations has its goals or is merely a wasted effort. It is an exercise in using them to find what I want. People who have unique talents who can be brought under my servitude."

"She's not a god damned toy she's a little girl." He said his anger flaring and the shadows lifting around him.

"You are misguided Hellion." He said taunting him to further anger. "What use is our power if we cannot make ourselves stronger for it?"

"It is not a right to abuse." He shouted at him as his fingers lightly drew themselves over the cold metal of the guns. "She will make her own choices when she is old enough and no one is going to make them for her."

"As you had them in the church? Packed away under the roof of God like a monster or a danger to society? Do you believe in heaven and hell Hellion or do you already know where you are destined to go? If we are to descend then surely we should enjoy it all before we go?" He stepped around the demonic looking man and smiled.

"I left when I wanted too." He said his voice thundering even though he had not shouted again. "Charlie is... she's a little girl and she's not being drawn in to a fight between ideals. She's not ready to be. She might want to come to you when she is older but not now."

"I need her now." He said impatiently. "I will have her now. You are not a threat to me."

"I think you underestimate me." Hellion said as he felt the dark shadows crawling over his skin and beginning to protect him. "You assume I will fail. Over confidence is a damning thing."

"It is a matter of fact." The Grand Master smiled, Tru could just make out the white fangs under the smile. He watched Tru impassively weighing him up and trying to figure out what he planned to do. Would the demonic beast fly at him with disregard or reach to the guns? "You have doubts about your capabilities and you know that you are damned. You do not hear His voice so you wonder if this will be your last night. Your stubbornness is the only reason you are here. You want to try and prove to Charlie that you can kill the big bad man."

"You're wrong." Tru said nonchalantly. "I will kill you if that is what it takes and I will take our lives back to being as normal as they can." His fingers danced over metal reminding him that they were ready and waiting. He could pull them in a split second but so far there had been no violence.

"What creature such as you who falls under the house of God can possibly begin to fight a war with hell when he cannot believe he is blessed?" The vampire's grin turned in to a mocking one. "Well now isn't that an interesting point? How can you send me to my grave when you are afraid to go with me?"

"I am not afraid to go with you at all." Tru said a grin forming on his lips. "No that is your assumption. You are helping to reaffirm my faith."

"Then let us dance."
Sign up to rate and review this story