Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Rain

The Gale

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Tru meets the vampire head on. Enjoy!

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-15 - Updated: 2007-07-16 - 912 words - Complete

0Unrated
Now I'm going all city with the master plan.
I'm faster man and I'm about to tell just who I am.
I am the reality you can't escape,
the visions recorded on disk and tape.

Senser - Age of Panic


The night was busy with traffic in London yet in the graveyard there was trouble brewing despite the silence. The trees and graves were witness to two men ready to tear each other apart. They stood on graveled ground with the graveyard above them.

The Hellions shadows blazed around him like fire and the vampire watched on seemingly dispassionate. The guns were within reach and the cold metal was comforting to the demonic looking figure. The vampire gently brushed a sleeve down and he regarded Tru with little enthusiasm.

"Get on with it." The vampire taunted. "Make a move."

"Impatient are we?"

"I want your blood." He said nonchalantly. "It will make killing the girl more entertaining too."

Hellion's eyes shone brightly under the moonlight. His anger directed at the vampire. He pulled the guns and fired. The vampire moved aside with lightning speed and the bullets sped in to the building behind them. The injured shoulder began to throb.

Hellion retrained the guns and looked around. The vampire was already in another position and ready for the next attack. The shadows shifted around him and the darkly shrouded man watched cautiously. The vampire smirked. It irritated him more.

"What weapons do you carry that might hurt me?" He laughed and watched Tru slip the guns to their stays.

"I carry myself." Hellion began to pray. He hadn't done it since he was a child. He was afraid of it. Afraid of the calling that would be answered and if he was channeling what he needed too the right direction.

The vampire watched him, head cocked to one side, registering that he was attempting to call for aid. Hellion opened his soul to the world around him. Deep in another world of existence his call was heard. It was not the voice of God, it was not the voice of any Devil. He was calling on something else.

The skies darkened further, the moonlight waned in to the night sky and out of view. Stars began to fade and the vampire felt a sudden pull in his system. Hellion opened his eyes as he continued to whisper a prayer he had been forbidden to use.

He opened his heart and soul to the listening creatures. The Underworld responded. They wanted to claim back their dead. They wanted the souls that should be with them. They called for a Vortex or a storm of souls. If the spirits were allowed to cross over from the Underworld they would drag the lingering souls in to the lost cities of their world and board them above a ferry to go through the gates and transcend.

"Let us test our strength not physically but the strength of our soul." Hellion said that gravelling harsh voice rolling over the air.

The air ceased to move for a moment as the two creatures connected to the Underworld. The planes of the dead howled out like a horrific gale but there was little movement to those already dead. To Hellion and the Vampire however it was a world of tormented screams, ghastly twisted figures of souls and they had invaded.

"We shall not be welcome here." Hellion said his words guided by a warming sense on his heart. "Only one will be allowed to return."

The souls of the dead could be seen shifting around and in the distance a river, black as the night was flowing swiftly. Hellion's shadows had become with graying shades of the dead landscape. Midnight blue was the only hint of colour here and as they faced one another it was evident that the souls of the dead were coming closer.

"How many have you condemned to walks these forsaken lands? Dead before their time, unnaturally slain?" Hellion asked. "We are murderers you and I but I seek redemption for my sins. What will you do here? Wander for centuries with those around you who have no place in any world?"

"I will be leaving here." He said sternly. The vampire looked around their landscape.

They both saw the stretching lands that never ended blending simply in to a haze of black. There was nothing here that could warm them and then they both saw a gently faint glowing yellow light on the river.

"The Ferrymen." Hellion said somehow knowing the information. "Their job is to transport the restful dead to the towers. They will go to their next world or rest there until they wish to move on." He watched the little boat come to pass them, a grisly visage of the dead in black robes pulled the boat through the shallow waters. A glowing white light of a soul in front of him. "You will not be given that. You fear death too much."

"Sinner, both of us are condemned." He spat.

"I seek penance for my sins. I will ask to be forgive. I know the weight of what I have committed. The blood on my hands shall be washed with water. You have no remorse. You are an evil and blackened soul. You are weaker for it." He said suddenly understanding the merit of what he had been advised. Faith in himself, faith that he could change his past and future.
Sign up to rate and review this story