Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A User's Guide to Pregnancy.

Longest night Part I.

by Meg2005 3 reviews

Jon gets arrested. Cooper has the longest night on record. Reid gets a broken nose.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-07-06 - Updated: 2007-07-06 - 1565 words - Complete

0Unrated
I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while Life has been pretty crazy here in the past couples of weeks and it doesn't look like it'll be slowing down anytime soon. The good news? I got a new computer so the piece of shit I had before won't delete anything else! Enjoy!

P.S. Reviews and comments would make me update faster!!!


'Cooper honey what are you doing out of bed?' Mrs. Walker asked as Cooper walked down the stairs two days later, on Wednesday. She had quit working and was now on bed rest until the baby was born between now and six weeks from now.

'Mom, I'm fine really just because I'm on bed rest doesn't mean I can't move. Besides, I told Jon I would make him chocolate chip cookies today while he was gone.'

'Honey, what if the baby comes while he is gone.'

'Ma, I'm fine, I promise. I quit working just so I could be home and do this kind of stuff so please calm down!' Cooper asked.

'Alright fine sweetie. When is he coming home?'

'He said he wouldn't be home until around six or seven. He's working on his part of the rolling stone's interview they haven't finished yet.'

'Do you guys have you Lamaze classes tonight?'

'No, it's Wednesday. We have them on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.'

'Alright, have you been on your outing today?'

'No but I think I'm going to need to go get Chocolate chips.' Cooper said as she rummaged through the cabinet as a Braxton hick's contraction hit again, no pain just pressure, 'uff.' She mumbled as she stood back flat footed and put her hand on her stomach.

'What's the matter?'

'Braxton Hick's.'

'Are they bad?'

'Not so much, just a lot of pressure.'

'They'll pass.'

'I need to run and get some chocolate chips.'

'Do you want me to go with you?'

'I'll be alright.' Cooper smiled before walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs to get ready.

Cooper stepped out of her car after pulling up to wal mart. She pulled out her coach bag and shut the door listening to the high pitched beeping sound as she locked the car and started into the store to get part of the cookies she was making for her hubby.

'Good morning.' The elderly woman smiled as she handed Cooper a basket.

'Morning.' Cooper smiled back as the woman had instantly put her in a good mood. She felt her baby kick as she rested her hand on her while walking down the isles of random stuff.

'Do you think if I bought daddy some shaving cream and a new razor he'd shave off his hobo beard?' Cooper asked softly talking to her baby, 'me either, it's a lost cause.'

'How far along are you?' a woman asked as Cooper walked down a main isle.

'Eight and a half months.' Cooper said putting her hand on her belly.

'Aww look at that sweetie, I'm going to look like that in a couple months.' The woman beamed.

'How far along are you?'

'Three months. Do you know what you're having?'

'A baby girl.' Cooper said as she was now glowing.

'Congratulations!' the man smiled.

'Thank you.' Cooper smiled before walking off to find her chocolate chip cookies.

'Elizabeth?' she heard. The only people who called her Elizabeth were her estranged parents and her grandmother when she was in trouble.

Cooper turned from what she was looking at to see her mother and aunt, which Cooper never liked, walking towards her.

Cooper put the chocolate chips in her basket as she started to walk off, 'Elizabeth come back here right now.' Her mother scowled. Cooper stopped and turned around to look at her mother.

'I have other things to do today then sit and listen to you be raid me about having a baby.' She said as she looked her mother square in the eyes.

'Finally got knocked up did you?'

'No, my husband and I decided to have a baby.' Cooper said with her nose in the air.

'Cooper I'm not here to fight with you. I just want to know how you're doing.'

'I've never been happier. Jon and I are perfect and we're about to have our perfect baby.'

'What are you having?'

'A girl.'

'Do you two have a name yet?' cooper's mother asked as she stepped closer to her daughter. Cooper scowled.

'Evelyn Grace, we're going to call her Evie for short.' Cooper said placing a hand on her stomach.

'That's beautiful.' Her mother said with a soft smile.

'Will you let us know when you have her so we can come see her?'

'No, if I remember correctly it was you who said Jon and I could never amount to good parents. It was you who made me second guess myself in having a baby, and it was you who said that we'd neglect our child. Then it was Jon who said our baby would never know you as a grandmother just a selfish, self centered angry old woman.' Cooper said before turning on her heels and waddling off.

'Making Chocolate chip cookies for your husband?' the girl at the cash register asked.

'Yeah, he loves them.'

'I bet it's calming to you too. When I was pregnant, I would make chocolate chip cookies all the time just because it calmed me down with all the craziness going on.'

'How old is your little one?'

'She's two and a half.'

'How cute, I can't wait until ours is that big.'

'Don't wish it away too quickly. And don't wish your pregnancy away too quickly. Soon enough she'll be here and you'll wonder where it all went.' Cooper smiled a genuine smile at her as she handed Cooper her bag and bid goodbye with a wink from a mother to an expectant mother.

'Hello.' Cooper said into the phone as she was knee high in flour.

'Hi there baby.' she heard Jon say as she could also hear the smile on his face.

'Hi.'

'What are you doing?'

'Making you some cookies.'

'mmm you're so good to me.'

'What are you up to?'

'I'm just sitting around, getting ready to leave, I thought I would call you and tell you to put on something cute we're going on a date tonight.'

'Jon, I'm all gross, I've been sitting around the house all day.'

'It's okay, run and take a shower. I won't be home for probably another hour.'

'Are you sure?'

'Positive I have reservations at 7 to go to dinner at Noodles so we're going.'

'Okay then I'll be ready at 6:45.'

'Okay. Baby they are making me go back in but I'll talk to you later.'

'Okay have a good time.'

'I love you Coop.'

'I love you too Jon bye sweetie.'

'Later sexy momma.' cooper hung up the phone and went back to her cookie making.

Cooper heard the front door open and close as she was taking her cookies off the tray. Reid walked into the house and over to where she was standing as he tried to take a cookie only to have Cooper slap his hand away, 'there are for Jon not you.'

'You know, Cooper, you had better watch the way you talk to people. Pregnant or not you might get your ass beaten.'

'Is that a threat Reid?'

'It's a warning.' He whispered into her ear before walking out of the kitchen and back out the front door.


'I want him out.' Cooper said calmly sitting on the bed as Jon walked in at 6:30.

'Are you ready to go?' Jon asked.

'Jon, I want him out. If Reid is here another night, I'm leaving.'

'What?'

'Baby he threatened me today. He said I needed to watch how talk to people or I'm likely to get my ass kicked pregnant or not.' Cooper said as tears came to her eyes.

'What are you talking about?'

'I'M TALKING ABOUT REID!!'

'He threatened me today after he came in and tried to take one of your cookies off the plate. I slapped his hand away and he got right in my face and threatened me.'

'Are you kidding me?'

'No I'm not kidding you? Why would I make something up?' she asked as tears rolled down her cheeks.

'I'VE HAD IT!' Jon yelled as he stormed out of the room and down the stairs and outside where Reid was standing talking to various girls and other friends, 'Hey Reid.'

Reid turned around just as Jon threw a punch right in his face. 'What the fuck man?' Reid yelled just before Jon punched him again.

'If you go near her ever again I promise it'll be the last thing you ever do.' Jon said before throwing the punch that grounded Reid.

After all was said and done there was an ambulance, and a police car with a distraught Cooper in the front yard as the police officers arrested her husband for terroristic threatening and assault.

'Officer please.' Cooper begged.

'Ma'am you can come bail him out after he's been booked.' The annoyed officer said with the small petite pregnant woman as she watched him put her husband in the cop car.

'I love you baby.' Jon said before the doors were shut and Cooper began what could be the longest nights of her life.
Sign up to rate and review this story