Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

The Pros and Cons of Breathing.

by grandtheftautumn 10 reviews

Will she be okay? You didn't see this coming... WARNING: Violence and swearing.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-07-08 - Updated: 2007-07-08 - 2201 words

1Exciting
Dedicated to:

Katrina
hArLeQuIn_ReLiGiOn (x2 lol)
Life_is_42
can-you-feel-this
angellbaby28
helen_of_troy
rainbowsprinkles08
holly
Born4ThisLove

PS. ALYSHA MAN!!! WHERE U BEEEEEEN!?!?! lol


I know I know I'm horrible and thank you for the reviews... I was ready to post it but I decided you guys deserved a longer chapter... and I've been sick and working... boo me anyway...

You'll understand the title by the end of this chapter.

Wow... I cant believe she killed her off...

Nah I'm just kidding... or who knows?? Okay just read the damn thing already.




*


Chapter 23: The Pros and Cons of Breathing


Wil was driving along the highway, heading towards Santa Barbara for the week to catch the end celebrations for Amara's birthday.He slowed down on noticing blinking taillights and smoke coming from a sedan that had connected with a street light. There were no police or ambulances insight, so Wil pulled over to further observe the wreckage, scanning the scene for any breathing occupants.

"Hello? Is anyone there? Are you okay, sir??" he called out.

Wil looked through the back window but saw no one in the driver's seat. As he neared the car he realized there was a figure in the back seat. He flung the door open, and froze upon realizing who it was.

"Oh my god, Amara!? AMARAAAAAA!!" he cried out

"Please be okay. It's alright. I'll get you help."

He rushed her to the nearest hospital

"Someone! /Anyone/! Help us /please/... She's been in an accident," cried Wil frantically.

Several medics rushed out to the emergency bay.

"Were you the driver?" asked one medic, pointing to a dent in Wil's car.

"No. No, that's old. I wasn't the driver. I found her that way. Just... just look after her for me please. I'm fine," he stuttered nervously, as he worried about Amara's wellbeing.

They took her away on a gurney, rushing her into the ER. Wil felt helpless as he sat in the waiting room. He sat there for what felt like an eternity, every second that passed increased his sense that it was really, really bad. He filled in the necessary forms and made some calls. Wil was left trying to fathom how this could happen as he waited and waited. The doctors worked on Amara's condition into the early hours of the morning and eventually, fatigue caught up with him.




Back at the house, Ryan had called her several more times til it rang out but Amara never picked up and she never called back. He sat on the couch waiting for her to come home but eventually lost the battle against the sand man. He had closed his eyes for five minutes when...

"Help me..."

Ryan woke up; his eyes scanned the room hoping to find Amara by his side. He was left disappointed and questioning his sanity. He was alone in the living room, his phone showed no missed call or any sign of a received message. Amara was not back, either she was really mad or something was really wrong. Ryan's gut instinct was telling him it was the latter.




[Several hours later at the hospital]

"Wil-ll.. /Wiiilllllll.. WIL/!" screamed Amara's voice.

Wil shot up in his seat. He remembered he was at the hospital.

"Amara!" he cried, getting up from his seat. A doctor entered the waiting room.

"Calm down son" he told Wil. "I assume you're here for Miss James..."

Wil nodded silently, his stomach writhing at the doctor's solemn expression.

"You need not worry; she's fine now and very lucky that you find her when you did. Miss James just needs rest. We'll be keeping her under observation for a day or two. She suffered major bruising and a blow to the head. Thankfully there was no internal bleeding but we had to give her several stitches," explained the doctor. "You can see her now if you like," he smiled.

"Yes, please," sighed Wil. He sat by her bedside resting his head on her lap. He waited and waited. Amara woke up late that afternoon.

"Heyyy, you're awake. You scared me for a second, well more than a second," whispered Wil.

Amara smiled to see a familiar face, her eyes scanned the room expecting to see the rest of the boys...

"I tried calling the guys but... well I left a message I assume they'd be here by now." mumbled Wil. "I'll go try again. I didn't want to leave you til you were conscious."

"No, don't!" she objected hastily as Wil stared at her bemused.

"Before that whole kidnapping thing I got in a fight with Pete and Ryan... I... I don't want to see them just yet," explained Amara.

"Okay. I'll be right back," he said.

Amara watched Wil as he walked out and made the call.

"Hey, it's me. Yeah... she's alive and fine. Yeah... I'm gonna bring her home..." she heard him trail off.

"Wil how could you?! I told you I didn't want them to know," she said as he re-entered the room.

"I had to tell them that you were okay. But I said you don't want to see them and you're gonna stay with me for a couple of days... if that's cool with you..." he paused.

Amara nodded in agreement, her lips curving upwards. "That would be great."

"Belated happy birthday, AJ," smiled Wil.





Amara's POV

Amara was discharged from the hospital the next day. Wil supported Amara as they made their way into his beach house.

"You can have my room. There's a television. Over here's the bathroom and what not. If you need anything else just yell," said Wil. He led her inside and slowly lowered Amara onto the bed. She glanced around the room.

"Mmmmm... got a radio or a CD player hidden somewhere?" I smiled. "Girl needs her music."

Wil chuckled. "No but I've got something better," he said as he pulled out a laptop.

Wil returned later with an armful of toiletries and towels. "Uh... I know this is awkward and all but if you need help in the bathroom... errr... umm... yeah... I can try help you," he blushed violently.

"Thanks, I might have a shower soon. I should be alright but I'll call if I need help," I chuckled. "Thanks for the offer, it's very sweet of you."

"Yeah, no worries," said Wil.

Amara returned to searching iTunes for songs to put in her playlist. No results came up and she realised she had entered "ttime tto dance."

Hmmm, odd. Must have pressed it twice.

She shrugged it off and backspaced the extra t's.

"Are you going to call your parents A.J? I think they'd want to know since they were in one a few months ago," called Wil from the bathroom.

"Yeah, maybe later..." I replied. "Hey, I think your laptop is screwed."

Wait.

I never told him about my parents' car crash.


She looked back at the laptop and went to a new search. She anxiously pressed down on a single key and stared as 'tt' came up.

MINE4EVER: you cantt be with him ... flashed in my memory, and it all clicked.

Wil had been observing her from the bathroom doorway.

"You alright?" asked Wil as he leaned the frame. "Maybe you should rest, I'll make you some tea."

"How'd you know about my parents?" I asked him.

"Brendon mentioned it," he said nonchalantly.

I slowly stepped off the bed, increasing the distance between Wil.

"Where you going? Don't get up, you need to rest," he insisted rushing to my side.

"No, I feel much better, I think I should stay with the boys," I said flustered.

"NO! You can't Amara," his urged aggressively.

I moved away, backing myself into a corner. I fumbled behind me, navigating my hand along the dresser for anything. I wrapped my fingers around something solid and in one quick move I flung it at his head, sending him to the ground.

I didn't stop to think if he was dead or unconscious. My only instinct was to escape as I ran for the bedroom door and whipped it open.

"BOO!" shrieked the person I would least expect to see standing there. For a second I thought I was staring into a mirror, but at a second glance I realised I knew exactly who it was.

"/Chastity/," I gasped.

Chastity showed no sign that she was ever a blonde, she was now sporting a full head of long, dark brown hair.

She had appeared out of nowhere, but when I think about it, I'm not surprised. The bitch lies about pregnancies, so why not throw in kidnapping. I tried to push past her but she stood firmly and forced me to the ground.

My heart racing with fear, my blood curling with anger.

There she stood in the doorway, looking down at me with a smug expression. She was blocking my only escape. I was trapped.

Chastity stepped forward and backhanded Amara knocking her unconscious.

"That was for the cabin, bitch," spat Chastity.





Where am I? What a nightmare...

I lifted my head and could see the moon was out. I tried to move and realized I was bounded tight to a chair.

Oh fuck, I'm not fucking dreaming.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllpppppppppppppppp!!! HELP ME!!!" I cried out.

I soon regretted it as it made my head spin and only called Chastity's attention. I felt groggy and drugged.

"Hey bitch, you're awake," smirked Chastity.

"Hi slut, you're still alive," I snapped back. "They know I'm here. They're going to come find me, ya know."

"You sure about that?" she taunted. "Do you even know where here is?"

I remained quiet while I glared at her. God, I loathe her so much.

"What do you want? Ryan? Money? Well you're not getting shit you fucking whore," I screamed.

She yanked my chair towards her so our faces were touching. "What I want is you... dead," she smirked malevolently.

I spat in her face. Chastity retaliated with another backhand.

"What are you using to blackmail Wil huh?! He would never do this to me. I know this was all you, you crazy bitch," I said.

"You know you're right, but at the same time you got it so wrong honey," she laughed.

"You're lucky Wil isn't here, otherwise I'd have messed up that little pretty face of yours already. Guess I'm just one crazy bitch," she cackled. "Oh god, honey. I wish I came up with that pure genius, but the reason you're here right now... is all because of your darling Wil."

Oh joy! Here comes the villain monologue.

"If you haven't noticed Wil is obsessed with you. Seems to find some attraction to that fugly mug of yours... so does Pete and Ryan, but... I just don't see it," taunted Chastity cocking her head to one side.

"Well after his little IM thing failed, and then his 'hero' scheme too ... well that's where I come in," Chastity smirked reminiscently.

"Wil called me to borrow one of my girl's... you know to seduce Pete. Yeah see, I wasn't lying when I said I knew all about that. Well I did lie, I wasn't the girl but same shit," she laughed as if she had just made the funniest joke. "Your little Peterpanda was innocent. Drunk but innocent all the same."

She pulled up a chair and sat in front of me. "Wait. Wait. This is where it gets good. Wil wants another one of my girls to seduce Ryan, just in case you decided to run into his arms... and guess who took on the job," she said.

"Was it a certain Paris Hilton wannabe, only more slutty and more fugly," I said sarcastically. She ignored my comment as if I was invisible.

"No silly... me!" she announced as if she had won first place in a beauty contest.

This bitch is whacked. Seriously... whacked.

"Yes... then her comes my tragic soap-opera drama... Ryan... well he became more than a job. Yes, I can see why you like him so much. I fell for him too, but after the cabin I see now he's not that great. And now it's time for some justice."

"Justice?! Are you fucking kidding me? How the //fuck is kidnapping me any form of justice?" I screamed appalled at her logic.

"Oh, I'm sorry did I say justice? I meant revenge," she laughed manically. "I'm going to get some payback for the way you all treated me... and Wil... well I don't see what's so great about you, but he's happy. He's going to take you far, far away... and make you his own. So I guess... it's win-win. Well except for you... ha ha ha ha ha."

Tears swelled in my eyes from anger and from the fear that I'll never see Ryan or anyone else I love ever again. What have I done to deserve this?

I heard a door slam far away. Chastity turned to me with a menacing grin, "Guess who's home?"

Meanwhile, Ryan and Pete were filling in a missing person's report at the local station.




*

Wow... so guys what did you think? Review please =] for next chap

hehehe
Sign up to rate and review this story