Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's The Tearing Sound of Love Notes

Does she even have a dog?

by nicole_ownsxxx 20 reviews

Roxie isn't be..well..Roxie. Gerard feels horrible and when she leaves the wedding, goes after her. Part of this is in Gee's point of view.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-07-09 - Updated: 2007-07-10 - 2493 words

2Original
A week went by after that night.

A boring, wedding planning, parent calling, Frank and Mary lovey-dovey week, Gerard ignoring, slutface punching, Ray screaming, band playing, bus moving week.

The wedding was tonight.

Mary demanded I wear a dress, because I was the Maid of Honor. I didn't know why she had a maid of honor. The only people in the pews were Mikey, Ray, Jenny, Katie, Bob, Frank's parents, Donna, and a few random people that had just wandered into the church.

Mary's wedding dress was bright red, which made me laugh, because a traditional wedding dress was white. But considering the circumstances, white wasn't exactly a color she wanted to wear. She'd wanted this wedding soon, because she "didn't want to be fat for the wedding!"

My dress was black and red. Gerard picked it out, actually, which I thought was sort of creepy, because it was really pretty and girly looking. I didn't have straps or sleeves or anything, and the bottom was slightly poofy. It came right to my knees. Donna had tried to make me wear heels, but I'd refused and worn fishnets and Converse.

Gerard had finally calmed down over the fact that his little sister was pregnant by his best friend, and was actually the best man and he gave her away, since their dad died a few years ago. Gerard had been forced into a black suit and red tie, but had taken the jacket off and messed up his previously combed hair.

Mary looked beautiful. Her bangs were straigtened and the tips of her hair were dyed cherry red, and it was in beautiful, perfect curls. She was glowing. Her dress was thin-strapped, red with a black bow under her bust, and floor length. It looked nothing like a wedding dress should, which was fine, because she looked amazing.

Frank...looked like...Frank. Sure, Donna'd made him wear a suit for his wedding, but he still had that goofy lovesick grin on his face.

I was so proud of Frank. He stood up and took responsibility when he could have just told Mary to raise the baby herself. I think he's a lot more mature than we give him credit for.

The wedding was boring, so I stood and made faces at Ray the entire time, and he was giggling. Mary and Frank didn't notice, because they were so in love nothing else exsisted. It was amazing, really, to know that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with one person. I loved that they'd found that person. Looking at them, you'd never know this is a shot gun wedding. I don't think it is. I think they would have gotten married whether Mary was pregnant or not.

The reception wasn't much fun for me, because I didn't feel like celebrating. It was fairly cloudy outside, and rain was expected. I was on my way to Starbucks to get coffee when I saw slutface in an alley way with Mark from Speakersound.

"Hi, slutface," I said dully, walking past them. Mary's head ripped away from slutface's mouth.

"Roxanne. What are you doing here?"

"Mary's wedding. What's up, Mark?"

"Nothing."

"We were talking. If you don't mind, it was important," slutface snapped.

"You weren't talking, you whore. You were making out with him. I saw. Dummy."

"Just because Gerard's in love with me, and NOT you doesn't mean you have to be a hag, Roxanne."

"Alright. Whatever. You're right. He's in love with you. Not me. Let's just leave it, okay?" I asked, feeling lower than ever. Gerard had told her. That bastard. I tried to walk away, but Slutface kept talking.

"Nah. I think I'd like to tell you how wonderful it is, and how jealous you should be."

"Shut up, slutface."

"See, he's sweet, caring, loyal, like dog, really. Oh, and very trustworthy and gullible."

"I see that."

"He really shouldn't trust me, though. I mean, I skipped his sister's wedding because I had a date with another man. He actually believe I had to take my dog to the vet. I don't even have a dog."

"Shut up, slutface."

"And, he still loves me, and not...you."

"I think we've established that," I mused sadly. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get coffee, then I'm going to go to the park and sit on the swings and feel sorry for my self. Good day."

Mark mouthed a good bye before slutface attacked him joyfully again. I didn't even feel like punching her today. I mean, I should be happy, it's my best friend's wedding day, but I'm not. I'm lonely.

I'm lonely.

I ordered a coffee, payed for it, then walked out the door.

There was a park around the corner. I found it, then plopped into the swings and wished for better days.

Rain. Of course. Rain. Horrible mood. Pretty dress. Those things kind of go together, don't you think? Like out of some stupid sad movie after some one dies. But no one was dying.

I was just miserable. Almost like I'd been in college. I was missing old days.

I actually missed Christmas. Things were so simple and ... not lonely.

I had my best friend, who wasn't pregnant, Frankie, who wasn't an expecting father, Ray, who wasn't like my dad, Gerard, whose hate for me wasn't complicated, Donna, who was the most amazing woman.

I missed acting like an idiot with Mary at the mall, sneaking into the house at two in the morning, watching Frank and Mary play with waterguns in the dead of winter, violent snowball fights, Ray playing doctor and cleaning my cuts, and I even missed my horrible fights with Gerard.

Things were so much simpler then. It seemed like I'd aged so much this last month.

I finished my coffee and threw the cup on the ground, and starting singing "Walk the Line."

For some reason, Johnny Cash songs always made me feel better. Maybe because he was freakin' awesome.

I was soaking wet, out of coffee, and singing to myself. In the rain. Lonely.

"You're ruining that dress, you know."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Gerard's Point of View!

I was standing next to Frank at his wedding. I couldn't pay attention to the preacher, however, because of Roxanne Knowens.

Roxie was being quiet.

Roxie was never quiet.

Roxie being quiet was like...Frank reading a book. She was the loudest, most talkitive person I knew, even more than Frank sometimes, and she wasn't talking.

I'm an idiot. I did this. I broke her heart.

I'm an asshole. I looked over at her, and she was making faces at Ray. It was the first time she'd done anything Roxie-like all week.

The girl was gorgeous. Mary had made me go wedding dress shopping with her, and I'd seen the dress she was wearing and bought it for her. It fit her perfectly. Her eyeliner was black, like normal, but today her eyeshadow was red, like the dress's bottom. I was going to use that dress for a music video one day, I promise you.

Her hair was was longer than it'd been, and it'd been curled at the bottom, but her bangs had been straightened. She had on fishnets and Chucks, because she'd thrown a fit when they were trying to make her wear high heels. That was also Roxie-like.

She looked amazing, but terribly sad. Roxie had been ignoring me all week, and I felt horrible. I looked around the crowd for Anna, but she wasn't there. She'd told me that she had to take her dog to the vet.

Did she even have a dog?

Oh, well. She kept my mind off her other things. That's really the only reason I kept her around. Frank kissed Mary, they were officially married, and my sister wasn't Mary Way anymore. She was Mary Iero.

Frank and Mary had the first dance at the reception. Then I danced with Mary.

"Thanks for being here, Gee," she said. She'd been crying.

"Anything for you, Mare. I love you." I kissed her forehead, and she started tearing up again. Women.

"I love you, too. Have you seen Roxie?" she asked. God, this music was stupid.

"No. I haven't. Why? Where'd she go?"

"I don't know. But the preacher said he saw her walk out a few minutes ago. She's been sad, lately, have you noticed?"

I broke eye contact. "Yeah. I have."

"Gerard-"

"I miss her."

"She's only been gone for about five minutes," Mary said, looking at me like I was an idiot. I was, but that's not the point.

"No, I miss her acting like..Roxie. You know? Loud, fun, immature, hyper, sweet, talkitive. She hasn't been like that lately," I explained.

"Yeah, I know. But she's-Hey, is that Mark? From Speakersound? Why's he here?" Mary stated, pointing behind me to the door.

"What?" Sure enough, Mark was standing in the door way, scanning the room.

"Gerard!" he called, spotting me. "Man, I gotta talk to you!"

I raised an eyebrow. "About what?"

"Anna."

"She die?"

"No, but, erm. She was cheating on you. With me. And just about everyone else, too."

I sighed. "Does she even have a dog?" I thought that question would have sounded completely random to him, but he just shook his head like he knew what I was talking about.

"No, and we were on a date."

Mary screamed, "Ha! Gerard, I told you she was a whore!"

"I know, I know. Is that all you have to say?" I asked. He'd interrupted my dance with my sister on her wedding day. I would have to kill him later.

"Roxie saw us. Anna said somethings to her, and then Roxie just walked away. I don't know if she's okay or not."

My eyes went wide. "What? Why? Where'd she go? Was she with someone!?"

"No, but she said something about Starbucks, then the park."

"Mary-" I turned to her, and I was about to ask her if she'd mind me leaving, but she interrupted me.

"Go get her, you big dummy! You did this, you go fix it!" she screamed, slapping me.

I pulled out my cell phone and tried calling her. There were three parks in this stupid town. She didn't answer. I call again. No answer. Dammit.

I grabbed my jacket Mom had tried to make me wear with my suit, seeing as it was raining outside now.

Roxie was somewhere out there, in the middle of some city she'd never been to, soaking wet and alone. I had to find her.

The first pack was empty, the second park was filled with hookers. I quickly left that one.

In the third park, I saw a pretty girl in a black and red dress staring at an empty Starbucks cup. I walked up to her, and she didn't seem to notice me, but she was singing "Walk the Line." Johnny Cash was pretty cool, I guess. The dress was soaking wet and clinging to her slim body, and her hair was soaking wet, but she still looked like the most beautiful girl in the world.

"You're going to ruin that dress, you know," I said, causing her to look up.

She looked back down at her shoes. "Yeah."

"You didn't answer your phone," I said, sitting in the swing beside her. "We were getting worried." Okay, I was getting worried.

"Okay."

I put a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her. "Mark came to the reception. He said you'd be here."

"Really," she muttered. She didn't want to talk to me. I didn't blame her. I'm a dick.

I sighed. "He told me about the incident with Anna in the alley. I'm sorry I didn't listen to to you sooner. I just... I don't know what was wrong with me."

"You're dumb," she declared, looking at me.

"Yeah. I guess that's what it was. I was in love with the wrong person the whole time. I mean, I had this perfect, beautiful, amazing girl in front of me the whole time, and I kept looking for something else. I'm the world's biggest dumbass."

"I'm cold," she told me. I don't think she'd realized I was talking about her.

"Want my jacket?" I asked, putting it over her thin shoulders before she could answer. "You look paler than normal. How long have you been out here?"

She pulled the jacket closer to her. "An hour."

The rain was coming down harder now. It was stinging, and poor Roxie was in a dress. "C'mon," I called over the rain. "Come back to the reception and get warmed up. You'll catch a cold and die out here!" Okay. Overstatement. I grabbed her arm and tried to pull her out of the swing.

"No."

"Roxie, you'll get sick and die. Then the whole world would cry!" I yelled, laughing. She grinned a bit, too.

"I'd rather not. Tell Mary and Frank congratulations, okay?"

"Roxanne, it's not a party without you," I begged. "C'mon. Frank's making an idiot out of himself by dancing. You gotta see it."

"I don't want to."

"Please?" I gave her puppy dog eyes, but she just looked away.

"Bye."

"Wrong answer!" I cried, catching her by surprise and pulling her close to me, out of the swing. If we had any body heat to share, we'd be sharing it. But seeing as it was raining and she was wearing a dress, and I was soaking wet, we were cold.

I could feel her breath on my chin, because she was a bit shorter than me.

"Roxie," I whispered. "Get happy. I miss you." I looked into her eyes, and she looked into mine. I wanted to kiss her so bad. I mean, she was there, in my arms, like I'd always wanted her to be, but had been too stupid to realize it.

I realized all the jokes, pranks, names, fights, screams, taunts, and Anna were only there because I was embarrassed to admit how perfect she was. Looking into her eyes that day in the rain, was the exact moment I knew I was in love. I gave her some stupid love sick grin, and she gave me one back.

"I'm happy now," she said, smiling.

"Good," I whispered, before leaning in to kiss her. "That's perfect," I muttered fight before our lips met.

Kissing her is perfect, I thought, pulling her close to me, as she placed her hands behind my neck and pulled my face closer to hers.

She's perfect.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
aww..happy ending! how sweet.

erm..
what do you do when people are convinced that your best friend and you are perfect for each other?
and by people, i mean when we're hanging out, people actually come up to us and say, "you two should go out."

awkward, much?

being a teenager really sucks sometimes.
rawr.
rate. review. and i'll call you awesome.
promise.
Sign up to rate and review this story