Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I've Got the Gift of One Liners

The Logic of Lies

by rejected_smurf_god 4 reviews

Love is exchanged...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-07-11 - Updated: 2007-07-11 - 1709 words

0Unrated
The doctor's gave me pills to take. I hated them, but they help kill this evil disease. Frank had called me today asking if I wanted to go out, but I said no. When he asked why I just lied about it. It hurts me so much to have to lie to him like this. I hate it, but I can't tell him, I just can't. Even though I promised everyone I would.

"Time for medicine." Nadia announced carrying a small tray with my pills and a glass of water. The reason why I hate those pills so much is how they make me feel. They're suppose to help me get better, but all they ever do is make me feel worse, but at least I haven't had another incident.

The doctors told me if it gets any worse I would have to go through more treatment, but I would have to be isolated so I wouldn't spread it to anyone. That's one thing I don't want to happen. I couldn't live with myself if I gave it to someone, especially one of my friends.

I took the tray from her muttering a thank you. Dropping the two pills in my mouth I scrunched up my face at the chalky taste. As fast I could I gulped down the pills with help from the glass of water.

"You feeling any better?" Nadia asked sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"Not really." I replied letting my eyes rest on the vase of flowers on the table.

"You think you can eat anything?" She asked. I shook my head. I'd probably just barf it up.

Right now in Nadia's eyes I can tell she's trying really hard not to cry seeing me like this. That's how everyone's been looking at me lately.

"I think I'll go outside for a minute." I said beginning to get out bed. Nadia's hand on mine stopped me.

"You're not well, you need to rest Sarah." I laid back down feeling defeated. I couldn't even go outside for a few minutes just because I was too sick.

"Fine." I whispered. A wave of nausea hit me quickly and in a flash I was in the bathroom puking in the toilet. So far this had become regular. I couldn't eat much food, but yet I could always manage to puke up my guts.

I ripped a piece of toilet paper wiping my mouth. Slowly I lifted myself to the sink washing out my mouth. For a little while I took a moment to look at myself. I looked awful.

This all was awful.

*

Hey, this is Sarah. I'm not in so leave me a message and I'll call ya back.

Beeeeep...click.

She still wasn't picking up her phone. Was something wrong? I'm probably just being too much of a worry wart. Her phone was probably just off or something.

The door open and Ray walked in throwing his jacket on the couch. Lately all the guys have been having really sad looks in there eyes, but every time I ask them what's the matter they say it's nothing.

"Hey man." I said. He looked up.

"Hey, what have you been doin all day?"

"Nothing."

"That's what I thought." He said laughing.

"So where have you been?" I asked stretching out my legs on the couch which were immediately pushed away by Ray who sat down with a beer in his hand.

"No where special."

"Oh."

When I said that he got that same look in his eyes. I really gotta figure out what's going on.

*

Sarah...

I've known that girl for years and now she's being snatched away from me by a disease. An awful disease that has killed many with no mercy. Disease has no mercy, not for anyone. It will destroy everything you have without a second thought.

A picture of the two of us at her birthday party from two years was held firmly in my hand. She had a big smile on her face giving the camera the peace sign and I was doing the same. A tear slipped from my eye landing onto the photograph. The small droplet ran off the sleek paper hitting the cement.

The park was quiet with no one around. Just how I wanted it to be. I could just be alone with my thoughts.

Why was everything beginning to slowly crumble down before us?

This just wasn't right. I wasn't supposed to lose one of my best friends. Not like this.

"Haley." I looked up and smiled when I saw Mikey.

"Hey Mikey." I said patting the spot next to me which he filled. He noticed the picture in my hand.

"How you holding up?" He asked wrapping his arm around my shoulder. A lump formed in my throat and I couldn't swallow it down. I placed my hand over his holding it tight, like he would fade away if I let go.

There were so many things I was confused about. So many.

"Mikey, why does Sarah have to die like this?" I asked.

"That's something I can't answer, but don't worry. She's going to pull through and beat this. I promise." He assured. I nodded.

What if he was wrong? What if he was wrong and Sarah dies tomorrow? What then?

He pulled me into a tight embrace rubbing my back. I couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears spilled one right after the other down my face. Mikey kissed my cheek whispering sweet comforts into my ear.

"She's gonna be all right Haley, you'll see."

I just hope those words stay true and Sarah does beat this.

*

Nadia and Emma slept soundly on the couch while I was still awake, sleep not able to find me. I wanted Frank right now. To tell me everything was going to be okay. That love was the only thing needed to break the chain of death that stayed attached to me.

My phone began to vibrate moving, slightly, back and forth across the surface. I reached out for it taking it in my hand and I checked the caller I.D. The one call I desperately wanted, but didn't want at the same time. It was Frank calling.

Taking in a deep breath I pressed the TALK button holding it up to my ear.

"Hello." I said tiredly.

"You okay Sarah?" Frank asked. I bit my lip.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired is all." I half lied.

"Would like me to come over and keep you company?" He asked. I could almost feel his smile; it made my heart hurt that much more.

"Sure." I said scratching the back of my head. This was something I really shouldn't have done, but I couldn't stand that feeling he was giving me. I just hope that I don't have another episode and can pull it together long enough for him not to know anything.

"Kay, I'll be there in a few minutes beautiful." He said before hanging up. Out of my closet I pulled out a pair of pajama pants and an oversize hooded sweat shirt to keep me warm.

I splashed some water into my face and swallowed. Please, just let this go okay. There was a soft knock at the door. Putting on a smile I opened it being greeted by Frank's strong arms wrapping around me. It felt so good to feel his touch and smell his scent.

"Hey lovely." He whispered giving me a soft kiss. I took him by the hand and we snuck past Emma and Nadia's sleeping bodies on the couch into my room. Frank pulled me down onto his lap giving my neck a soft kiss.

"I missed you today." He said into the crook of my neck.

"I missed you too." I replied turning in his embrace place my hand on the side of his face smiling. Frank smiled as well placing a soft kiss on my lips. He took my other hand in his intertwining our fingers together and the other was wrapped around my stomach. I turned in his embrace gently pushing down onto the mattress. Frank rolled over on top of me moving down to my neck while his hands roamed my body, memorizing every inch of skin.

"Frank..." My voice trailed off as his lips connected with mine once again. He tasted of love, love and nothing else.

I knew right then that I wanted that love for mine own.

*

I opened my eyes slowly waking up. My first sight was Frank still soundly asleep. A small smile came to my face. He looked so cute asleep. I sat up feeling a cough coming up my throat. They didn't hurt my throat this time thankfully. Something wet lightly splattered against my hand. I drew my hand back shuddering.

It was blood. Crimson red blood.

Thinking quickly I slid out of bed with the sheet wrapped around myself trying not to wake Frank wiping my hand on a tissue discarding it in the trash can. Frank then began to stir, his olive colored eyes fluttering open. His hand reached out to mine holding it.

I looked over my shoulder meeting his smile.

"I see you're up." I whispered sitting back down on the edge of the bed giving him a light kiss.

"Morning." He yawned stretching out his arms wrapping them around me. His warm breath tickled the back of my neck.

"Morning to you too." I replied placing my hands over his. This was how I wanted things to be, where all the bad things seemed to disappear and there was just me and him and nothing else.

"I love you." He whispered placing a kiss on my cheek. My smile grew even bigger. He did love me, he really did. I've heard it with my own ears.

"I love you too."

True love conquers all doesn't it?

*

Okay, I just wanna say this now before I continue. You all know Sarah has tuberculosis. Well, since I'm no doctor some of the facts about it that I put may not be intirelly accurate so just live with it and be nice about it. I hoped you all liked it.

REVIEW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story