Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > One Step Forward, One Step Back

Chapter Four - Now it's time to forget. But how..

by Tarah-Jane__ 1 review

.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2007-07-12 - 1211 words

0Unrated
The days past, Pete and the boys were gone, it wasn't the same. Corrie and I had a huge cry and just stayed at home eating ice-cream and all our favourite movies we used to watch with the guys, which only made us cry more.
It was a week after the boys had left and I was getting sick of the house, it was late but the sun was still setting. Corrie was asleep so I quietly left the house. Pulling one of Pete's hoodies around me tight I walked down the road. I was planning on heading over to work and get an update on how everything was going. I pushed open the heavy doors and started walking to the front desk. A dark brown haired boy shot his head up and squealed in delight.
"Oh darling your back" he said running over and giving me a huge hug.
"Hey Jack, how you been?" I asked as we stood in the middle of the first floor.
"Oh it's been fine, different without you and corrie but we're managing. Everything's been put on hold and flowers and cards and everything imaginable has been sent for the two of you we just packed it all up in your office. How have you been holding up darl? And Corrie?"
Yes this was our receptionist Jack, he was the nicest guy you could ever meet, it's a shame that people turn they're backs on him cos he's gay.
"Really?" I said amazed at the flowers and what not "Yeah im okay ish? Idunno just too much at the moment, Corrie was doing okay but I think she's missing Joe more than she expected too. I wish they would just get together!" I said now leaning on the front desk as Jack went back around to his seat.
"I know! They would be so cute" he said looking of and pulling this face.
We talk for another hour when I decided to leave. It was dark and cold and I trodded down the streets slowly. I thought I heard someone behind me but I brushed it off and kept going. Then I really heard someone behind me. Turning around someone in full black grabbed me and took me down an ally.
I was screaming and struggling but I couldn't get away, then I noticed. This person was a vampire. They smiled they're evil smile and came down slowly on my neck, I felt the pierce of skin then nothing. It was black, I was awake but there was only black. I slowly opened my eye's and sat up. It must have been early morning, the sun was rising and people were walking past in they're big coats breathing out the cold air.
I stood up but immediately fell down again, but there was no pain. I tried again and managed to stay on my feet. I took slow unsteady steps out of the ally and onto the street. As soon as the sun hit me I felt this searing pain run through me. I quickly ran, stumbled back into the dark ally. I sat down not knowing what the hell was going on. I put my head in my hands and knelt over to try steady my breathing.
My hair fell down and I looked at it screaming for a second. I pulled up the ends and looked at it. My once bleach blonde with pink, purple and black streaks was now a brown with black streaks and replacing the pink and purple was this silver and red. It was still the same length I soon realised with relief. I then remembered last night. Oh God. My hand travelled to my mouth and I felt the two long fangs that now stood out like a sore thumb.
My hand was shaking as I soon realised I had been turned
"into A FUCKING VAMPIRE!" I screamed slamming my fists on the ground with more force than intended. I saw a crack run through the cement from my hand. I wanted to get home. But how? I can't go in light. I looked around and noticed a bag, I grabbed it and saw a note on top.
Thought this may help you my dear.
Beckett.


I scrunched up the note and saw a hat, dark glasses and a big black coat. I put them on and slowly headed towards the light keeping my head down. This time there was no reaction to the sun. I quickly ran home, the run not affecting me what so ever. I dived inside the house and closed the door.
I turned around and corrie was staring at me.
"What the fuck" she said still staring.
I had my mouth closed, I slowly opened my mouth and pointed at the fangs that now sat there happily.
Corrie's face went white, so white I thought she would pass out, she dropped the bowl of ice cream she was holding and put a hand on her head.
"oh fuck" she kept repeating as she sat down. I sat next to her and put my head in my hands.
"what do I do?" I said. She put her hand on my back.
"it'll be okay, I'll um idunno let me look on the internet, there's no way im letting you join that gang of suck people dry and leave them dead." she said getting up. I stayed on the couch. What am I gonna tell the boys? I thought. Everything went through my head. I won't tell the boys. I thought. I'll leave, corrie or no corrie I'll leave I can't put them through that, can't put Pete through that.
I walked into the study to find corrie, she quickly turned around and said.
"I don't think you should tell the boys" she said quickly.
"I was about to say the same thing" I said sitting down and pulling of the hat revealing my now dark hair. Corrie gasped at the sight but soon turned back to the computer and showed me a recipe.
"Okay I found this site, apparently this mix will help keep you under control and stop you craving blood. Also this is a site that another vampires best friend made up when his best friend was turned. There's a whole group of them on here. They say the only thing to look forward to is killing Beckett. They have meetings and everything. I think we should go"
I looked at her with my eyes that were turning darker and darker.
"Your not coming" I said fiddling with my finger nail.
"Leslie, I am. You're my best friend, you can't do this alone" she said staring me in the eye "I know where we can go, my grandma's house. We'll live in the basement. It's dark and away from here. It's the only place I can think of" she said now shutting down the computer once she printed the recipe. I just nodded my head.
"The boys" I said, a tear rolled down my cheek and I winced in pain as it sizzled it's way down my face.
"babe, we'll have to let them go" she said wiping where the tear rolled down my face. I nodded and stood up.
"Lets pack"
Sign up to rate and review this story