Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I've Got the Gift of One Liners

Please don't walk out that door

by rejected_smurf_god 4 reviews

The truth is revealed.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-07-12 - Updated: 2007-07-12 - 2179 words

0Unrated
"Sarah, I'm gonna go out for a little bit do you need anything?" Haley asked grabbing her purse off the table. I swallowed down the familiar white pills before answering.

"No I'll be fine." I replied coughing.

"Okay." She went out the door closing it behind her. Nadia had also decided to go out for awhile, probably to church since today was Sunday. Ray called me earlier telling me they had postponed the tour for me. I tried to convince to not, but he just kept saying it was all right. So many fans were going to be disappointed by this. My feelings of guilt were consuming me and just wouldn't go away.

The radio was quietly playing. The song changed and the one playing made my heart wrench. Time After Time, the Quietdrive cover, the song that I had just a few days ago said would remind me of my time with Frank.

This time I didn't cry hearing it, just like I had done so many times before. My eyes just didn't have any tears in them at the moment. I lifted myself from the chair I was sitting in and went to my room to change.

As the days went on my weight had begun to quickly go down. Now a few of my ribs were sticking out. I've been tortured with numerous fevers and night sweats; those and the fear of dying.

After I changed into jeans and a t-shirt I coughed up more blood. This had also been happening more frequently. Last week I made another trip to the doctor and they said the disease had gotten worse so they prescribed me with stronger drugs that made me feel even worse.

In a few days I would be going back, but I would have to stay over night so they could do more testing.

Yesterday we had to send Sammy over to Norah's house to be taken care for awhile. Besides my health other things were being taken away from me. My friends, my pet, my career, my life, my dreams, everything.

After I was dressed I laid down on the couch deciding to take a nap.

*

The hall way was quiet. When we got back from eating ice cream that night Gerard found Emma crying, but she wouldn't tell me why. All she said was Sarah and she had a fight. It had been a few days since then I had decided to find out what was going on.

Maybe Sarah would tell me what was going on.

*

The moment I woke up my body felt like it was on fire. Sweat coated me and I felt so hot. I rolled off the couch hitting the floor. Weakly I set one of my palms on the soft carpet lifting myself to all fours.

Taking slow careful movements I crawled over to the wall. Then the coughing started again. With my free hand I covered my mouth screwing my eyes shut. Everything felt like it was happening in slow motion.

When I moved my hand away I coughed again, but this time I felt a familiar copper tasting liquid come up my throat and fall from my mouth. The carpet was stained crimson. A small amount of blood had landed on my open hand.

My chest was in pain from my damaged lungs and more blood came up. Blindly I felt for the wall with my blood staining wall leaving finger prints behind. I had to get to the bathroom, but it was hard to stay conscious.

Slowly but surely I made my way to the bathroom crawling the entire way my breaths becoming short and labored. Even though it was only a few feet it felt more like five miles. Going up to the tub I reached for the cold water knob turning it. The metal squeaked as it turned before cold water came cascading from the faucet. Pulling up the little metal tab on top of the faucet the cold water then came falling from the shower head.

I climbed inside letting the cold water fall over my body. It felt so good right now.

*

First I knocked on Sarah's door, but I got no answer. I pressed my ear to the door hearing nothing.

"Sarah, are you there. It's Frank." I knocked again, but no answer. Hm, I wonder what she's doing. Pulling the key card I had got from Emma I slid it and opened the door.

I walked inside not seeing anybody around. The only sound that could be heard was the shower running. A blanket lay on the couch, half of it pulled off. I noticed a bottle of pills on the coffee table. Picking it up I examined it the bottle. Some unknown drug that I'd never heard or could pronounce without someone telling me first. Setting it down I walked away from the couch, but my legs froze at the sight I saw.

My stomach went into knots and my palms began to sweat as I feared the worst.

A small puddle of crimson colored liquid stained the floor and finger prints of the same color were on the wall. It looked as if the hand that had created them was moving. As fast as my legs could carry me I ran down to the bathroom still hearing the shower water. I pushed the door open and what I saw horrified me.

Sarah was sitting in the bath tub, her head against the wall. Her body was soaked with the water running from the shower head. Blood stained the front of her shirt and a small bit of it was smeared in the corner of her mouth.

God please don't let her be dead.

"SARAH!" I screamed pulling her wet body from the shower. She wasn't dead thankfully, but unconscious.

"Sarah..." I squeaked feeling tears run from my eyes, as I lightly shook her body. Her head fell to the other side not responding to my voice. Pulling my cell phone from my pocket I dialed the three vital numbers. I could barely stay calm enough to tell the woman what had happened.

While I waited for the ambulances to arrive I cradled her cold, wet body in my arms hoping she would just wake up. Something felt odd while I held her. She felt thinner and frail. I could even feel ribs through her shirt. Just before the men came rushing through the door her eyelids opened revealing her brown eyes.

"Sarah!" I whispered kissing her forehead. She looked at me for what felt like the longest time before she started crying which surprised me.

"Frank..." She whispered. It broke my heart to hear her voice sound so small and weak.

"I'm here." I assured kissing her lightly on the forehead.

"I'm sorry." I pulled her body closer to me. That's when the paramedics came rushing in with a stretcher. Sarah was taken from my arms and put on it. One of the men asked a few questions like what she had been doing earlier and things like that. I couldn't really answer any of them except the ones about where she was and what I had found.

He gave me a quick thank you and went to the stretcher carrying Sarah helping the other men carry her out. I followed them outside. People opened their doors watching the scene before them wondering what had happened to Sarah.

She was rushed to the hospital and I was in the hall outside praying to god that she would be all right. I didn't want to lose the woman I've ever truly loved.

*

I stared into the window of the clothing store admiring a beautiful black dress. The ringing of my cell phone broke my day dreaming.

The caller I.D. flashed Nadia. I wonder why she's calling.

"Hello."

"Haley you have to come down to the hospital now!" Nadia explained quickly sounding scared.

"Nadia slow down what happened?" I asked.

"Sarah's in the hospital." She sounded like she was crying now. My mouth fell open and my eyes got wide. I jogged over to my car getting inside pulling out of my parking spot. I ran two stop signs and went way over the speed limit, but my friend was in trouble and I needed to see if she was okay.

In the hospital everyone was there including Emma. Even fight can't stand in her way of being their for a friend in need. My heart froze when I saw Frank looking scared out of his mind. He found out. As horrible as it is, I guess it's for the best that he finds out now.

I ran to the person closet to me which was Gerard.

"Gerard what the hell happened?!" I asked desperately clenching the hem of my shirt.

"Frank told us he found her passed out in the shower with blood on the front of her shirt and on the floor in the hallway." He explained.

"She had another episode." I whispered. My words felt numb coming out of my mouth. That must have been so terrifying to him to see that sight. It would to anyone. Seeing the person they love in pain like that.

I sat down next to Mikey. I hugged him close laying my head down onto his shoulder.

Nadia sat next to Ray holding his hand tightly. Nadia then unexpectedly let go of his standing up. Everyone was watching her wondering what she was about to do.

"Frank, I have to tell you something." Before she could out another word the doctor stepped out of the operating room.

"How is she?" He asked.

"She's stable, but she can take visitors now." The doctor said. Frank stood from his chair pushing past the doctor going into the room. The doctor didn't mind though; probably have seeing how terrified he must have been when he came.

All of us followed behind him inside. Sarah was laying bed with tubes connected to her. The heart monitor beeping every other second telling us all Sarah was still alive. Her eyes opened hearing us come in. Frank too her hand in his lightly rubbing his thumb over her hand which was now a paler color than usual.

This didn't look the same girl I knew. My dear friend that could always make me laugh, the dear friend that knew how to make a person smile, and was never afraid to do wild and crazy things just for the hell of it. No, this was someone I didn't know. Someone dying and weak.

"Hey." Sarah whispered hoarsely. Frank fought back tears trying not to cry in front of her. It was hard for any of us not to cry.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. She coughed before continuing.

"Like shit." We all laughed. Even in pain she's still able to crack a joke.

"Sarah what happened to you?" He asked. Sarah swallowed. I could see tears prick up in the corners of my eyes.

She pulled herself up to a sitting position. Frank put his hands out in front of her incase she couldn't make it.

"Frank, there's something I have to tell you." She said tears now beginning to fall from her eyes.

"What is it?"

"I have tuberculosis and...I'm dying from it." Frank dropped her hand, his eyes widening as more tears spilled.

"Dying?!" He choked.

"Yes, Frank. I'm dying." He took a step back and was about to turn, but Sarah grabbed his arm stopping him. Tears were now also streaming down her face.

"Frank, please don't leave me." She begged me. Everyone waited in silence to see what he was going to do. All of us hoping and praying he wouldn't pick the answer we all didn't want.

He smiled looking down at floor, his hair falling in his eyes. He removed her hand from his arm taking it in his.

"I couldn't leave someone I love." He whispered softly sitting back down taking her in his arms. We all smiled along with Sarah who still had tears falling from her eyes, but they were tears of happiness.

"Thank you." She whispered into the fabric of his t-shirt as he held her close.

"If you're lost you can look and you will find me." He recited.

"Time after time." She finished. Holding his face in her hands before giving him a kiss.

"Ah man, you guys are gonna make me cry." I choked putting my hand to my mouth trying to hold down the lump in my throat as my vision became blurry from tears.

*

I may die tomorrow, but at least I know that he will stay by my side and that he will love me. That's all I really need. Frank's love and my friends.




If you're lost you can look and you will find me time after time

**************

Since you have now read this do what I've been telling ya to do and go and review for this bitch! Cause it makes me so happy!!
Sign up to rate and review this story