Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Almost

Chapter Six- I almost got popped in a fight with a thug

by Silvana 3 reviews

In Which Gerard Collapses.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-07-13 - Updated: 2007-07-13 - 514 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Six- I almost got popped in a fight with a thug

"Is it true that you've been held at gunpoint?"
"Not technically...that was Mikey."

Flashback- 10th December 1996

The café was empty apart from the red head who was flicking through a music magazine whilst standing at the counter, counting the minutes before he could shut the café considering it was about seven o, clock; standard closing time for little cafes such as this one.
Leah looked irritably her watch. It was battered but she could still read it. 7:55. He was late. Again. He was always late. She drummed her fingers on the plastic top of the table agitatedly. Did he not own a watch? Did he not know anyone who owned a watch? Or was he just dead set on winding her up?
A figure stumbled into the café and staggered over to stand by the table, a hand pressed to their head.
"Lee, I'm so sorry." He was stumbling over his words, his hand still pressed to his head. She stood up.
"Where've you been?" she asked. "I've been here for almost an hour." He swayed on the spot. "Sorry Lee."
And that was when his eyes rolled back in his head and collapsed in a heap at her feet, his hand dropping revealing a sticky line of red visible through his hair. She looked at him horrified, before kneeling down next to him.
"Gee! Gee. Gee, come on. Snap out of it." His eyes remained firmly closed.
"Hey! Can you phone an ambulance please?" She asked the red head desperately, her normally husky voice strangled. The boy disappeared into the back; his face white making his freckles stand out even more than normal.

And so it was that one more ambulance went screaming into the early evening, the sound echoing out over the city.

_______________________

"How did he do it?"
Leah looked up to see a female in a white coat looking down at her.
She smiled sadly. "I don't know. He met me like that."
"I see. Well, he'll have told Doctor Barker. He's had stitches, and he's awake again. He should be fine. Keep an eye on him, in case of concussion." The woman explained whilst fiddling with her short ponytail.
"You gave him stitches?" Leah asked surprised. "And he let you?"
"He was unconscious at the time," she explained. "And he never saw the needle."
Leah smiled. "Good."
It was then that Gerard decided to make his appearance, standing unsteadily in a doorway. As she saw him, Leah's face lit up and she ran to him and hugged him so hard that he had difficulty breathing. With her arms still round him she looked up at him. "Never do that again okay?"
He smiled ruefully, wincing slightly. "Tell that to the dude."
Leah smiled back at him. "Let me guess. Random person?"
Gerard nodded at her, as they left the hospital. "Yeah. Thug."
She squeezed him once more, shivering in the cool air. "Just don't do that again. Cause I'm not sure what I'd do if you died."
Sign up to rate and review this story