Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

Amethyst Tears

by aqueous 2 reviews

Encounter.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2007-07-15 - 1313 words

0Unrated
A/N: Hopefully this is a bit longer, this chapter is a bit emotional, so hope you enjoy, also finally some appearances of the other characters, sorry for ignoring them, but they'll have more time later on.

3

Chapter 11: Amethyst Tears

Herry jolted up right to his friend shoving him from left to right, he rubbed his eyes as they were blurred with sleep.

"J-Jay??' he said questioningly. When his vision was clear he could see the concern in his face, Herry figured something must be terribly wrong, "Is it Cronus?' Herry said, with a drop of worry in his voice.

"Theresa, she's not back yet, she should have been home hours ago," Jay turned around and paced the room frantically speaking fast, "What if Cronus got her, what if that club was a trap what if she's dead?!!?!" His voice got louder as he went on, Herry leapt up and shook his friend assuringly.

"You're jumping to conclusions Jay I'm sure, she's fine, she was with that guy Jeff wasn't she..." He looked at his friends face who turned to disgust and she brushed Herry off of him.

"Jeff?!" he turned to exit his room voice raising as usual, "I didn't trust him since the moment I saw him, what if he did something to her, held her against her will!" Jay grabbed a coat, as it was raining outside. Herry placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Jay don't be ridiculous, she's probably contacted Atlanta..." Jay shoved his hand off of his shoulder and grabbed his keys.

"I've got to find her..." he said and slammed the door behind him. Herry sighed, pulling his hand through his messy mop of hair. He knew Theresa wouldn't be stupid, she was smart enough to find her way home, and not to take off with strangers. The others entered the room after hearing the ruckus Jay had caused.

"What was all that?" Odie said, scratching his head, it obviously had woken him up.

"Jay over reacting..." Herry sighed, sitting down on a sofa.

"Jay over reacting?!" Archie chuckled, "Does that guy ever know how to have a vacation, he's been nothing but miserable since we came." He was muted by a complimentary jab by Atlanta.

"Why, what's wrong Herry?" She asked, a little worried herself.

"Theresa," he said calmly, "She went home with that Jeff guy last night, and she's not back yet, but I assured Jay she's probably contacted one of you already... and that she's not that naive" He scratched his head at the thought of Jay's strange behavior.

"She's not home yet?" Atlanta asked curiously, "That's strange, she hasn't tried to contact me..." Worry spread over her face.

"Maybe because you were passed out" Archie said with a smirk which was returned with a shove.

"Now children I'm sure there's a plausible solution to all this." Neil said, putting on a serious face as if he was posing in the mirror. Everyone burst out laughing to Neil's attempt at being serous for once in his life.

This was interrupted by the door opening, with a giggle and chatter on the phone following it. Theresa clicked it shut as she looked at her friends all gathered in the common room, staring at her.

"Good morning," she said cautiously, looking at them.

"I'm not even going to ask" Herry said walking back to his room to change.

"You said it brother," Odie replied returning to where he came from.

"Soooo Theresa, run into Jay yet?!" Archie said, he was getting a kick out of this mess of a situation, as always.

"Um no...why?" She said with a puzzled look on her face. Atlanta stomped hard on his foot, his face showed a little bit of pain, you could tell he held it back greatly.

"Don't worry about it, so where were you?" Atlanta asked, shoving Archie out of the room, and walking with Theresa back to hers.

- - - -

Atlanta closed the door as Theresa laid all her shopping bags over her bed. She plopped herself down, a large smile played across her face. Atlanta had never seen her like this she seemed so giddish with a school girl crush. She sat down beside her.

"I was with Jeff," Theresa admitted, "He's really amazing you know, I spent the night and he treated me so well, he ordered in breakfast, the most amazing breakfast i had!" She rambled playing with a new necklace she adorned, "We went shopping and he bought me this necklace!" she said showing off the amethyst coloured stones, it complimented her skin tone with contrast to her hair. Atlanta admired it, and she eyed the rest of her bags.

"He didn't buy you all that too did he?!" She rose an eyebrow.

"No, don't be silly!" she swatted Atlanta's arm, she sighed, "He's just so sweet and handsome and wonderful, its like he has me under this spell!" Her eyes seemed to glaze over.

"You're not kidding..." Atlanta said a confused look on her face, "But I thought you liked Jay?"

"Well I do, but have seen the way he's acting its so immature, I first went with Jeff to get back at him, it was just attraction, but now... I don't know he's so wonderful!" Atlanta watched as her friend drifted off once more.

"You know, he's out scouring the neighborhood for you in the rain." Atlanta said bluntly frustrated with her friends inconsiderate tendency, she then walked out of the room, leaving Theresa to her thoughts.

Theresa's heart fell, she didn't want to hurt him, just make him see what he's losing, what he could have, what they could have. She sighed, and walked to the window. The surroundings were fogged through the drenched window, she looked across the street to the park where she made out a boy to be sitting on the bench, it was Jay.

- - - -

Theresa ran outside of the university, her clothes becoming drenched the moment she stepped from the building, her thin sweater clung to her body showing off her from. She looked around and waited for a car to stop before she ran across the street towards him.

"Jay!" she called racing up the sidewalk, "What are you doing out here, its pouring out!" Her hair had now become completely wet, it hung in strands. He looked up at her so emotionless, she looked absolutely beautiful, no makeup, no fancy clothes, her hair damp. He loved everything about her the way she looked drenched in water, the way her old sweater clung to her flawless form. He was at a loss for words.

"What's wrong with you, you're going to catch a cold!" She yelled trying to catch his attention.

"You're what's wrong with me," he said coldly, "You never called, you didn't tell ANYONE where you were going to be, we worried, you could have DIED for all we knew." He stood up and came close to her and grabbed her shoulders.

"You knew who I was with!" she retorted trying to escape his piercing eyes.

"You were careless, as always," His voice softened a bit, "I can't protect you anymore." He let go of her and brushed past her walking down the side walk. She stood there stunned.

"You always try to do what you never can." She said, suddenly turning around. She saw him stop in his tracks, she thought he would turn around.

His face cringed at her words, he should apologize but he just decided to let it go, she obviously didn't need him. He kept walking, she called after him but he just kept going, he waved his hand in the air as to gesture her to leave him be. She finally gave up, she returned to the university and sat on the steps. Her face drenched it was unseen to others the tears that adorned her face.
Sign up to rate and review this story