Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Death Perception

Chapter 17

by horsie890 0 reviews

Chapter 17

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Mikey Way, Other - Published: 2007-07-16 - Updated: 2007-07-16 - 770 words

0Unrated
Alicia stared at the dark door in front of her, yawning. It had been two hours now, but she couldn't sleep at all. Worry and fear gnawed away at her heart.

"Just talk to him," she muttered to herself, biting her fingernails nervously. She turned on her heel and walked forward a few steps, resuming her pacing steps that only covered a short distance. "But what if he hates me?"

Gerard's words appeared in her mind. Mikey doesn't want to kill you.

"Maybe he's right..." She sighed and opened the door, walking into the dimly lit hallway. Her eyes easily adjusted to the lighting, and she slowly placed one front in front of the other, making her way to the door at the end of the hall. The soft, white carpet silenced her footsteps. She was about to knock on the door when she remembered that Gerard said his room was nearby. It couldn't be Mikey's room. She went back into the living room, which was pitch black compared to the hallway. She managed to find the stairs without falling, though.

As Alicia climbed to the second floor of the house, she began to have second thoughts. 'Maybe Mikey doesn't want to kill me. Maybe he doesn't hate me. But he still might want to hurt me.' She saw an open door at the end of the hallway, with quiet music emanating from it. She slowly approached it, humming along to the song in a low tone. The melody was easy to figure out.

"So why are you running away?" came Mikey's voice, matching the lyrics flawlessly. Alicia froze just outside the door, making sure no one could see her. Only darkness spilled from the gaping cavity of the doorway, but she had since learned that they had better vision than her. It would be so easy for him to see her. She needed to be sure she was ready to face him.

"Cause I did enough to show you that I was willing to give and sacrifice..."

Mikey stopped singing, sighing heavily. His heart just wasn't in it. 'I just wish she didn't hate me so much,' he thought sadly, sitting on the edge of his bed, facing away from the door. 'I don't even think I like her anymore. I-'

He looked up suddenly upon hearing another voice. Someone was humming along to the music. He closed his eyes and listened carefully.

'It's her.'

"What do you want?" he asked sadly.

"I...want to...talk to you," Alicia said slowly. Mikey stood and walked towards the door. The girl was a little surprised when he opened it. She could barely see him.

"Yes?" he asked in a quiet voice. She sighed deeply, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

"Look. I'm really, really confused right now, so is there any chance you could explain it to me?" she asked. Mikey gently grabbed her wrist and led her into the room, making sure she didn't trip on anything. He sat on the bed, and she sat next to him.

"For starters, I was never going to bite you. I know how they think, though. Wolves can't eat any meat with vampire venom in it or it will kill them, even the tiniest amount."

"So you only see me as a piece of meat?" she asked with her lower lip quivering. "Just another meal?"

"No, not at all," said Mikey, shaking his head. "That's how they see you."

"Then how do you see me?" asked Alicia. Mikey saw that she was looking at the floor, and gently turned her face towards him with one hand. She seemed colder than usual. He was immediately worried, and stared straight into her eyes. He wished for the thousandth time that he had Gerard's ability to see into people's minds. He wanted to know her thoughts so badly. To know what she thought of him.

"It's impossible to say what I think of you," he whispered. "The words don't exist." Alicia felt her heart flutter.

"So...you don't hate me?" she asked breathlessly. "You don't want to kill me?" Mikey shook his head, forgetting she almost couldn't see it.

"No," he said quietly, drawing closer to her. "I don't like you, either. On the contrary-"

He abruptly leaned forward and kissed her. Time seemed to freeze for both of them. Alicia swore her heart stopped beating in those few moments. It ended all too quickly, but they remained no more than an inch apart, breathing each other's scents. A mix of lavender and sweet ice filled the air around them.

"I love you."
Sign up to rate and review this story