Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Chuunin Exams

Haruno Sakura vs The Sound Ninja

by Shank 1 review

The Chuunin exams continue and its Sakuras turn to fight. Can she keep herself together to fight the sound ninja that can create sounds of all kinds to distract and attack.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Sakura - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-07-16 - Updated: 2007-07-17 - 1425 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was Haruno Sakura's turn to fight. She was matched against somebody from the Hidden village of sound. Would they know Sasuke? She wanted to ask, but she had a job to do. The battlefield still raining, torn up from the previous fights, which no Konoha ninja had lost on yet.

She stepped onto the field, which she promised she would own for this fight. Tsunade the legendary Sannin had been teaching her and teaching her well and to beat someone from the sound would make her feel good. She saw her opponent step onto the field, he was about her height and had just as much of an evil look as the three sound Genins from the last Chuunin exams. Through the rain and misty weather, she could still make out a sinister smile from him and she wondered if Sasuke had given them insider info on all the Konoha Genins.
The match was officially started and Sakura's opponent didn't move. Sakura created some clones and charged in; concentrating the chakra to her feet she increased her speed and closed in on the sound ninja. As she got in, she heard something just behind her. It sounded as if somebody or something was attacking her from her blind spot. She turned her head, but merely gave an opening for her opponent to charge in and get a clean shot against her. Sakura was sent flying back and as she picked herself up, her opponent spoke. "Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke told me about you. He said if I was matched against you I wouldn't have anything to worry about, I should be more fearful of Uzumaki Naruto, I haven't seen him fight yet though I look forward to it. Let's get this match over with."
Sakura picked herself up off the ground and once again created some clones; she concentrated chakra to her feet but moved her and her clones in various directions around her opponent instead of closing in from the front. The opponent was circled and trying to keep all of the Sakura's in view when one of them charged in. As Sakura came in to attack her opponent, she heard something in her ear, "Sakura." It was Sasuke's voice, how she had longed to hear it for so long. She hadn't taken her eyes off her opponent but lost concentration and the enemy threw a kunai at her. She jumped out of its way in time and her opponent charged in throwing a punch which she blocked. "Ah so this is a real Sakura, not one of the illusionary ones. Silly move". They sparred quickly but the enemy ninja was quite quick and had gotten some good shots in. He had assumed that the other clones were simple illusions, which would prove to be his downfall. A Sakura came from behind him and had a clean kick to the opponent's ribs. It was a good kick and it wasn't even one of super strength that Sakura was capable of. The ninja turned around, "I heard it was the other one that used shadow clones, not you. Not bad using one to distract me while you come from behind." The ninja was easily able to neutralise Sakura but when he punched her, she disappeared; this one was the shadow clone. The real Sakura, which he was just engaging had time to accumulate chakra into her hand and smack him clean in the face.
He was sent flying backwards and skidded across the muddy ground. His nose was broken, this strength wasn't something he had been warned about or was even ready for. He got up from the ground and made some seals, which Sakura waited for. "You know Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke likes it very much over in the Rice Country. I train against him all the time, which means I can handle you, he is quite a ninja."
Sakura stood there but nothing happened immediately. A sound so peaceful and sweet began to whistle through the air. It was music, a lullaby song and Sakura began to become sleepy. Was it genjutsu? She took the appropriate action to release her from it but it continued. It wasn't a genjutsu; it also explained the other techniques. This ninja can create sound somehow, whether it's a voice or otherwise. She moved her position to where the sound wasn't hitting her directly and she felt a little more energised again, but not completely.
This was what the enemy had planned on as she was caught in his genjutsu now. Sakura began to hear things, disturbing things, she could distinctly make out Sasuke's voice, with Orochimaru, Kabuto and even Tsunade's voice all telling her how much of a failure she is. Sakura blocked her ears but she could hear it in her head. This meant it wasn't created sound but a genjutsu. She tried to get rid of it but was too spaced out from the lullaby music to concentrate on getting rid of it. She couldn't get rid of it in her head, and the other ninja was coming in for close quarter hand to hand combat. She tried to keep up, but with the voices echoing in her head, she had no hope of matching her opponent and got completely battered in the short bout.
She was in a very difficult situation. She had no idea how to release herself from the genjutsu and the voices in her head continued, but then she heard a voice which wasn't meant to be there. It was Naruto's voice, yelling at her, encouraging her not to lose as he had done last time in her fight against Ino. She concentrated on this voice rathe than the others and they seemed to fade out, even when Naruto wasn't here he was still helping her. She was ready and she wasn't going to lose.
Her opponent realised she had released the jutsu somehow and charged in to finish her off. Sakura prepared herself and they sparred again. It was more even now, with both getting their shots in and blocking others; the enemy needed an opening but couldn't find one. Sakura was becoming more confident and even beginning to find more and more openings in which she could strike. With her strength, she was able to do more and more damage to her enemy, who hastily retreated when he saw he was in a bad state.
Sakuyra knew he would now make this a long distance fight and wondered what his next move would be. She watched as he made seals, "Sound Scream Technique!" A loud shrieking came through the air and hit Sakura taking her off guard and hurting her ear drums and head as it was so horrific to hear. He had created some kind of loud piercing sound to neutralise her without engaging at all and Sakura couldn't move properly. Luckily though, his movements were slowed from it as he could only walk while using this technique. To get herself out she would have to take her hands off her ears which meant allowing her ears to be directly damaged from the sound. She took them off and quickly went through some seals to call on a shadow clone. The shadow clone was able to get out of the way of the sound and come at the ninja from the side. The enemy ninja had to disengage the technique to avoid being damaged. Once he got rid of the shadow clone, he turned back towards Sakura who hadn't moved. He done the same technique but with a different sound, a sound so deep it would have had terrible impacts on her internal body if it hadn't been an illusionary clone.
Sakura had used this distraction to get in behind her enemy and knock him flying. When he got up from the ground he was dazed and groggy from now having cop two punches from Sakura. He was fighting on ninja instinct as he was in great pain. Sakura came in and picked him up, "How are you even moving from my technique?"
"If I didn't have the ability to heal myself than I would have been in a bad position, unlucky for you."
"Uchiha Sasuke and I have underestimated you Haruno Sakura."
"Take this message back to Uchiha Sasuke, Naruto and I will find him." She finished the match and walked off from the field. This was an emotionally tiring match as well as physically. But beating someone from the sound was quite promising for her confidence.
Sign up to rate and review this story