Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Chuunin Exams

Rock Lee vs. The Heat Ninja

by Shank 0 reviews

THe Chuunin Exams continue and its ROck LEes turn to fight. He must face one of the hometowns clans with similar techniques to the Hyuuga clan of Konoha, can Lee win against the heat ninja?

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Parody - Characters: Neji,Rock Lee,Tenten - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-08-19 - Updated: 2007-08-20 - 1307 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Chuunin exams were continuing. Rock Lee was ready for his fight and eager to prove himself to Gai after losing last time. He had already seen a few ninjas from Konoha win and he was facing a ninja from the hidden cloud village.
Lee stepped onto the field; Gai couldn’t accompany him to the Rain country but he would return a Chuunin. Hard work pays off and he would prove himself that in his fight now. The battlefield was still raining and Lee’s opponent stepped onto the field. His hair hung down over his face and his eyes were very white. They were not unlike Neji’s but with a little amount of black amongst them. Lee stared straight at his opponent, wondering what kind of techniques this ninja uses but promising it wouldn’t be enough for his renge style of fighting.
The referee began the match and both charged at each other. Lee wasn’t going to show all his moves straight away but didn’t want to give his opponent an early advantage. He decided he would begin with some strong fist combat. As they sparred, Lee was getting in plenty more shots than his enemy; it also was strange that the enemy would focus on Lee’s wrists after they had already made contact with him. He should be trying to block and counter. This inexperience left him quite hurt and tired and Lee with some momentum in the fight. “You are quite good in taijutsu.” Lee didn’t say anything; he didn’t want to get distracted from what he came to do. He aimed up and charged in again, aiming at the same spots but this time not being able to move as quick or get any power. His hands were suddenly quite tired and slightly burning. The other ninja used this to begin their combo and although Lee was quick enough to dodge most of them, the ninja was still able to connect some shots on his arms. Lee’s arms began to feel like his hands as he realized there was some kind of trick to these ninja’s attacks, possibly internal attacks like Neji. Whatever it was, the ninja was able to handle Lee’s speed and connect some brutal punches and kicks to knock Lee flying back.
Lee picked himself up off the ground and wiped the mud from his eyes, his arms and hands felt…dry. They were so dry, his skin felt rough and yuck and his couldn’t move his joints properly. He kneeled down in the mud and lowered his arms into a puddle of water while watching his enemy who wasn’t moving. “Having no moisture in your limbs is a little annoying isn’t it?” Again Lee said nothing but chose to come at his opponent from all different directions. This seemed to work better as the ninja didn’t know which was Lee was coming from to make any kind of connection. Lee had also bought some movement back into his arms and used this little movement as a distraction to sweep the legs out from under his opponent and kick him on the way down.
Lee had himself all pumped up; whatever techniques this ninja would use was not going to be enough. He had to win, for himself, for Gai Sensei, for Sakura...for Naruto. The enemy got off the ground and didn't say anything except smile; “Quite impressive. But things are only getting warmed up.” The ninja charged in and Lee could see the hands of his enemy glowing slightly, he had to avoid getting hit and took back to moving in all different directions. When Lee was in a position behind his enemy, the ninja made some seals and called out, “Heat Whirl Technique”. Lee was hit directly with a wave of hot air that burnt his skin and seemed to take all the wetness from his skin even though he was standing in rain. As he was quite damaged, the ninja charged in to finish him off but Lee was able to get up and get himself to a safe distance but again being the victim of another heat wave. His whole body was affected and he was becoming less mobile from these techniques. He was in a dangerous situation now, just like Gaara he had to outrun something other than their physical speed.
Neji looked at his teammate from outside the battlefield. Tenten looked to him, “Neji, what kind of techniques are these? It looks similar to Hyuuga Clan abilities with your gentle fist and Eight Trigrams Spin.”
“I wouldn’t be surprised if this was some kind of advanced bloodline ability. It seems Lee is at a risk from short and long distance fighting but he should be able to win this.” Tenten turned to the battlefield, “Lee, you can win Lee. He has got nothing compared to the Hyuuga clan.”
Lee heard Tenten from the sideline. This encouragement meant a lot to him, if he was going to beat Neji at some stage, he had to be able to handle this one. His opponent however wasn’t too happy with this comment. “Konoha’s Hyuuga clan cannot match the Atsui clan of the Rain Country. We create and control heat, you cannot beat me Leaf ninja.” Lee had heard enough, he concentrated very hard to bring back movement to his joints and splashed as much mud and water on his body as possible. Then he had an idea. Lee rolled himself around in the mud so that he was covered from head to toe in thick mud.
Neji smiled from the stand, “Well done Lee.” He looked to Tenten, “do not worry Tenten; Lee will win this fight now.”
Lee wanted everyone to watch this, especially the crowd who were all behind their home competitor from the Rain country. The mud on him was so heavy it would take away from his speed but it had another purpose. The enemy was sick of waiting and watching Lee roll around in mud. “Time to stop playing, Evaporation Cloud.” A cloud formed on top of Lee and he could visibly see the water on the ground in his area being dried up at an alarming rate. Lee began his attack, moving straight towards his opponent who was getting his taijutsu moves ready for internal attacks. He wasn’t quick enough to catch Lee though who got in some good shots. The ninja was making contact with his wrists and even his chest but it had no effect on Lee who kept going with his attack. The ninja realized what Lee had done and could do nothing about it now but try and defend himself which was difficult against Rock Lee. He jumped away, “Heat Whirl”. Lee though was able towards his opponent, getting hit with the heat whirl but sustaining no damage and he saw an opening, for something that would mean a great deal to him. He remembered in that instant how Uchiha Sasuke had copied his technique with his own unique version, so he would now use a variation of his Lion Combo. He kicked his opponent up into the air but instead of coming up underneath his enemy, he came in over the top. He performed punches and kicks so quick the crowd couldn’t even see them and the Rain ninja fell to the ground unconscious and unable to move. Rock Lee had one the match against one of the countries noblest clans.
The crowd cheered, they had not witnessed taijutsu yet and were very impressed at the show Lee put on for them. Although all audience members wanted to see Konoha lose as much as possible they could not ignore the ninja talent of Rock Lee.
Sign up to rate and review this story