Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secrets don't make friends.

I know that goodbyes means nothing at all...

by lclutebark 7 reviews

Pete is leaving...a lot of things behind.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-17 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 1510 words

1Exciting
i'm glad you guys are enjoying this story, the plot is much more than this but first i gotta tell the main story so everything is set straight, please be kind



Later that night, I was peacefully asleep in my room when I was awaken by a noise coming from my window, sitting in my bed, I tried to listen to any indication to what it could be, the noise sounded again, this time closer than before, so I decide to check and see what it could be.
Through the blinds I saw that there was someone climbing the side of my house, yeah you know who, startled I opened one side of my window putting my head outside.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed as he came face to face with me.
"I came to see you..." he said, giving me a half smile and getting past me and entering my room, letting me outside like a deer caught in highlights.

"Have you lost your mind?" It was the first thing to leave my mouth once I regained my composure.
"Nope...but I know I was a jerk this afternoon, I don't know if you noticed but there was some guys from our school and they were kind of watching us, so I felt like I should act the way I did...when I shouldn't have..." as he sat comfortably in my bed.

"I don't understand, Pete. You should have told me...If I had at least a clue of what was going on I'd back off, I felt like crap..." I admitted as I walked towards my bed, slowly.

"I'm sorry, Kate, sometimes I don't even understand half of the stuff I do...or say... but I can assure you that I know why I'm here right now..." he smiled slyly, leaning in for a kiss, at first I was reluctant since he had being a jerk earlier but his kisses were always welcomed.

"Don't think I'll just forget about it, mister." I smirked, kissing him back a little more forcefully.

"I know...but it's too bad I have so little time to make it up to you... but maybe there's a way..." he said boldly placing his hand on my back inside of my shirt, making me shiver.

"Pete...no..." I wasn't as strong as I thought, we made out for a long time, kissing and exploring like we never had before since just hooking up in public places, even though we were tempted I had to put a stop to the fun.

"Pete..." I tried twice to get his attention as he kissed me, sucking the breath out of me.
" yeah" he moaned out when finally I got him to s top whatever he was doing.
"It's like 4 in the morning... maybe you should go home..." I said as he once again kissed my collar bone, dragging on each kiss.

"Shit, I have to be up in at least 3 hours for the last check of my bags and stuff." He said sitting up in the bed.

"Do you really have to go?" I had whispered, the pain of losing my first love was hard for me, but I didn't want to go all girly on him, I was not waiting to hear promises or love declarations...okay maybe deep down that really went through my mind once or twice, but I 'd never tell him that.

"yeah, I have to go, doll. I'll be back from time to time...I swear...when I'm back you'll already be a woman and then we will talk, okay?" he teased me by playfully pulling on my nose.

"uhm, very funny, until now I was woman enough to keep up with you, right?" I said but I swear I have no idea from where that came from, it was so...I don't know but it was NOT something I'd say.

"Uhm, that's true, but who knows maybe when I get back you'll be ready for a little something I'm sure you wouldn't be able to handle now..." he smirked slyly putting his hand on my tight, I really had no idea why the conversation had taken that rout but it was fun.

"Okay then, I'll be waiting." I decided to leave it at that, since he really had to go, but I'm sure we could have gone all night on that.

I watched as he climbed out of my window and then down the side of the house, he blew a kiss my directing and went towards his house, leaving my heart torn.


Resuming the events after that day, at first he called me once or twice during the week, always telling me how he felt a little out of place and well I always tried to support him in every way I could, but It was noticeable that he was in depression.
After three months going on like this, he stopped calling one day, being shy as I was and always in doubt of exactly this relationship meant to him, I never called him, but from time to time Mrs. Wentz would tell me about him, yeah I still go over to their house to hang out with her and Andrew, sometimes I go out with Hillary, tho I'm not as dependent of her friendship as before, now I'm a little bit more open with people and I had more friends at that time.

I was going good in the volleyball team and we'd been playing out of the city and doing good, tho it wasn't what I wanted for my future I loved the sport, and the team was a very tight unit, what really forced me to work on my social skills.

That year Pete didn't come for Thanksgiving and Mrs. Wentz was really disappointed on him, I had come over to help her with stuff and found her crying over her son, all I could do was try to cheer her up but deep inside I was also very disappointed in him and wondered what had kept him there...

On Christmas my mom and dad decided we'd make a little trip to see our relatives and stuff so I didn't see Pete when he came home, which I was glad since he had brought home his new girlfriend, Melissa. Can you tell by my narrative just how thrilled I was by that?

NOT!

My 17th birthday came around, as always I spent it with my family and the Wentz, this time no double parties planned, and actually after that first incident we never did it again, for good. It was a simple party where I could introduce everyone my 'boyfriend' Nathan, he was kinda nerdy but so was I so, it wasn't really a problem, my dad really liked him already so it was a plus, but surprisingly enough Mrs. Wentz seemed to disapprove of him, she had spent the night sizing him up, I decided to ask her if something was bothering her, since I really believed her judgment in this kind of stuff.

"So...what do you think of him?" I said as I sat by her side with a glass of soda in my hands.

"I don't know, I don't really have nothing negative to say, he is just really plain... I don't know... he seems boring, he doesn't dare you to anything, I mean personality wise. But he seems sweet in a way, I guess." I looked at her and blinked, she didn't really like him, at all.

"wow, I wasn't expecting all of this." I smiled shyly, hoping that no one would notice my embarrassment.

"I guess that the truth is that he is not comparable to Pete, and even tho I'd love to say that my son is perfect, he is definitely not, but I really liked how well you two blended..." she stopped mid-sentence when I started to cough, she realized my surprised and lightly patted my back.

"Nothing goes unnoticed by me, sweet, specially when the person is as transparent as you are...and my son he is not really a quite person, so I caught him calling you many times, and I didn't want to spoil things by telling you that I knew...and well...you are still underage and he is now of age, so I didn't want to be encouraging you in a improbable relationship with him... but...you never know right..." I never thought that such a simple question would become such an statement from her...suddenly I felt like telling her that Pete didn't care for me anymore, but that would be stupid and immature, because I'm sure she 'd notice the hurt hidden behind my 'coolness' towards the subject.
But with a simple pat on my back she got up heading for the kitchen with my mom.
She sure had giving me a lot to take in...and I had less time than I thought to put my thoughts and feelings in order, Pete would be coming home for spring break.
Sign up to rate and review this story