Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Secrets don't make friends.

You'll get yours...

by lclutebark 10 reviews

Pete's back and he is not alone.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-18 - Updated: 2007-07-19 - 2063 words

0Unrated
Thank you guys so much for the reviews, i'm trying to do the best i can , since i don't even have time to proof read it, but i'll do it on the weekend. lol And yes, Pete is a douch in this story, but he'll change. Funny how this plot is going to hange drastically soon!! lol



Two weeks after my birthday, I was getting ready for spring break. Unfortunately I didn't have lots of plans but probably I'd just 'hang' out with Nathan, Hilary and Andrew, actually my 'relationship' with Nathan was everything Mrs. Wentz said...he was a very nice boy but he was so boring and predictable, sometimes I wondered why I was still with him, even my mom noticed that my relationship was doomed to failure.


That morning had been the last practice for the season, I was coming back home, still clad in my track uniform, my bag hanging from my shoulders as I made my way near the Wentz house, I noticed that Pete was home, seeing that his bedroom window was open, I felt a chill running down my spine, and before I could walk faster I heard his voice calling my name.

"Hey hey hey, Sporty Spice! Where you think you're going??"
I rolled my eyes heavenward at his attempt in being funny.

"I'm going home...duhh. Where else?" I kept on walking.

"Ah so that's how you welcome me home?" he was walking with me now.

"yeah, pretty much. I'm sorry If the reception is not as warm as you'd like, but I have to hurry home and get ready for my date, laters!" I said starting a jog to the last few steps towards my home.

At night I was once again at my piano practicing when I got a call from Mrs. Wentz saying they'd be having a barbecue the day after as a welcome party for Pete, eh. It wasn't exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday but I had no where else to go, so... weird thing was that I noticed she wanted to know whether I was bringing Nathan along with me, what I just shrugged off saying I wasn't sure he had anything planned. I just wished it'd rain so no one would be in the pool and I wasn't forced to go in as well, I seriously didn't want to parade around in my bikinis, even though now my body was fit (save from the damn hips) I wouldn't feel comfortable showing it off, it's been a while since I go to gatherings at the Wentz house and I didn't know what to expect.


To my dismay the day was sunny and hot as hell, it was still early when Mrs Wentz called me to remind me to bring my 'swim suit' I tried to tell her that I wasn't feeling hot, but she didn't buy it. So I packed my stuff and went over to their house around 11 am so I could help her with the stuff.

A unfamiliar girl opened the door, greeting me with a warm smile, which I reciprocated just as warmly, I pulled my hand out to greet her and she took it, introducing herself.

"I'm Melissa, you must be Hilary's friend right?" she said but I couldn't really concentrate on anything else she was saying but the fact that her name was Melissa. UGH.

"yeah that's me, my name is Katharine Krissler. Nice meeting you." I tried to not shake her and too strongly, to not let my anger show.

"yeah, Pete talks about you all the time, really. Actually he even has a picture of you on his photo album, and even tho you look completely different I still can recognize you..." she said as we made our way into the hour, directly to the kitchen, where I was thinking I'd get a knife and stab my heart with.

"Yeah, I bet..." I said distracted not seeing Mrs. Wentz anywhere.

"Where is Lola?" I asked looking around.

"Oh she had to go out and buy some stuff but she'll be back soon, Pete went with her...and Hilary." Oh great.

"Oh so... where's Andrew?" I asked looking hopeful that the little dude would be home.
"Oh he is upstairs, I think he doesn't like me..." she said with a weird face, I embraced the opportunity and made my way upstairs before she could even open her mouth, I knocked on his door and he didn't answer so, like I've done a hundred times I just went in, and there he was playing on his Nintendo.

He looked up and smiled my way, after that we spent almost two hours playing, until Pete decided to show his ass and barged into the room, turned off all the wires connected in the power and barked at us that the party was not in the room and that if we were not happy that he was back home that we should just get out. I had no idea what that tantrum was about but before I could even say anything I started laughing at his expression, I just couldn't help it, suddenly I realized that I was not the only one amused at his expense, even Melissa was trying to hold on the laughter.

" yeah I guess I'll go home...seriously what am I doing here, right?" I got up from the edge of the bed and started walking towards the door, before I could go through; he held my arms, making me stop.

"Would you dare make me look bad in front of my girlfriend?" he hissed in my ear.

I snickered before answering.

"But Pete! Why would I do that when you do it just so well on your own?" he tightened the grip in my forearm pulling me closer.

"Uh I see you have grown some nerve you now. That's awesome...I bet you could handle spending this afternoon with me, just fine." He put his arms around my shoulder and called for his girlfriend to follow us downstairs.

The time he spent away might have done permanent damage to the boy.

Downstairs Mrs. Wentz had smiled appreciatively when she saw Pete's arm around my shoulders. The smiled seemed to vanish as soon as Melissa appeared in her eye sight, turning into a frown.
I sighed.

"So why don't you kids go outside get a little tanned while I prepare the meal." She said patting my cheeks as I got rid of Pete.

"Uh I guess I'll pass and just stay here to help you..." I said making my way towards the oven.

"No way darling, you're going to have some fun today...go with Pete and Melissa..." she said motioning for the awaiting couple, now Melissa had her arm around Pete's shoulder, oops someone was a little jealous.

"Okay, then, I guesses it won't hurt, right??"

Outside, there was some of their cousin's already in the pool, along with Hilary and Jeff.

I felt a little out of place approaching that group of people but differently than I thought they were very nice to me, we were having a great time, by the pool talking and playing when Pete and Melissa come from wherever they were hiding, just as I was coming out of the pool, I was momentarily paralyzed but after a few seconds I just pretend that nothing was happening. Got out of the pool and went to sit by Hilary's side in the deck. I shivered as I not iced how Pete was looking at me, he was trying to be subtle and not stare but I could feel his eyes on me at every move I made, and he wasn't even close to the deck, since he and Melissa were sitting by back door.

"My brother won't stop looking at you." Hilary whispered in my ear after a while.

"I've noticed, but what can I do... I wish I could go up to him and kick his ass but I don't think I could do that and not be noticed." We laughed.

"Pete, come over here, brother." Said Hilary.
Here comes trouble.

"What's up kiddos!" he said, now shirtless and just wearing trunks.

"Why don't you come with us to the pool, it's better here! Bring Melissa..." she said smiling, her eyes squinting from the sun.

"Okay" he said looking directly at me, not being very subtle this time.

"So go! What are you staring at..." I said, having grown tired of his odd behavior.
He just smirked and went to get Melissa.

"I hope you know what you are doing..." I said to Hilary before they approached.

Nothing really serious happened really, just the thousand times Pete mistakenly grabbed me as Melissa underwater or the times he grabbed my hand and winked. He was a fucking pig and I was about to set him straight when I heard my name being called out loud, I looked up and it was Mrs. Wentz accompanied by Nathan! I was so surprised that I couldn't even show any kind of emotion.

I went off of the pool and towards the deck where he was waiting for me, I got closer and to my surprise he kissed me on the lips, some thing he didn't like, being disgusted of PDA.
I pulled back and looked at him that in turn was looking towards Pete, was times like these when being sincere was not worth it. You see when Nathan had asked me why I couldn't date him, in the beginning I had told him that I had someone else in mind, so he probably had made the math in his head. Seriously, was he jealous?

We were all sitting close to the fire now, since it was already becoming dark, I seriously never thought we all had so much to talk about, and never thought that someday I'd get along with their cousins, Nathan was surprisingly quiet, just making sure that I knew he was there with me and dropping his 2 cent in from time to time.
But Melissa in other hand, that girl sure loved to talk, and she also loved attention that's for sure. Home girl was up in any conversation, and every topic, from fashion to funeral arrangements, but I have to be fair and say that she wasn't as bad as I thought.


When I was leaving Pete grabbed my arm discretely to let me know that Melissa would be leaving in two days, I just shrugged and say that I was sorry... what the hell was I supposed to say? Seriously, he just nodded and let go of my arm.

The two days Melissa was around, Hilary and Andrew insisted that I should hang out at their house; they would even come to my house and drag me all the way to theirs.
The girl was really not that bad, she was carefree and funny, and sometimes I wondered if Pete and she were really dating because there were no signs of love anywhere.

"I bet they are just sex buddies" said Hillary as that thought went through my head.
I had blushed at that.

"It's very common, honey. It's get mine get yours." She got up from the couch winking at me when Pete entered the room, fresh out of the shower and sat in the love sit.

"Where's Melissa?" I asked not really looking up from the television.

"She is showering..." he said distracted as well.

"Can I ask you a question..." he started.

"Yep, I mean...it depends" how stupid I sounded.

"I'll ask anyways... do you like Nathan? Like seriously have feelings for him?" oh oh.

"uhm, I don't know, right now... no I don't feel anything for him, actually I don't know how to end things with him...I guess I'm not as good as you at this stuff.." I just had to bite my tongue at that last remark, it was so freaking bitter.

"uhm , I could give you tips, if you'd like..." he turned on his side to look at me, his eyes eyeing from my feet, finally landing on my face, our eyes connecting.

"May..." the words died on my lips when Melissa came downstairs with a frown upon her face.

"Peter I can't find my pink panties..." I guess the discussion was over.
Sign up to rate and review this story