Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Two of Us.

SIX.

by punkypromqueen 6 reviews

I know I'm supposed to love you.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-17 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 2751 words

3Moving
"Why the fuck can she give Jesse a fucking chance but I don't get one? Huh?" Patrick yelled as he stomped onto the bus after the last of the three Chicago shows, "And what kind of a name is Jesse?"

"Maybe she didn't make this Jesse fellow promise not to fall in love with her." Andy replied as he followed him onto the bus. "And Jesse is a Hebrew name, meaning gift."

Patrick immediately turned around and glared at the drummer,
"How the hell did you know that?"

Andy shrugged before pulling his shirt over his head.
"The second you realize that I know everything life will be a lot simpler for the both of us, and the fact that you talk in your sleep helps out a little bit."

Patrick stared at him for a second before huffing in annoyance, Andy however continued walking over to his bag and rummaging through it until finding a clean shirt.
"That, and I read a lot."

"Fuck this." Patrick groaned while putting up his hands in frustration. "This whole thing was a mistake, I should have never even gone into that stupid art studio, I shouldn't have followed her home, I shouldn't be feeling like this, and I should have never kissed her that's for damn sure."

"Dude, what exactly is wrong with you?" Andy questioned with a raised eyebrow as he poured orange juice.

"I don't know." He sighed while taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes.

"So you love her, big surprise there." The drummer rolled his eyes sarcastically while screwing on the orange juice cap and placing the carton back in the fridge.

"I don't love her." Patrick scoffed while turning his back to his band mate, "That's ridiculous."

"Oh whatever, you love her - build a bridge, get the fuck over it and just go tell her." Andy replied before taking a sip of his orange juice and picking up the game controller that was sitting on the couch. "Now get your ass out of my way, you're blocking the TV."

...

He had calculated it on the way over to her apartment, 36 hours, give or take. 36 hours since he had kissed her, 36 hours of ignoring her, ignoring the feelings that he had tried so hard to suppress inside of him. He was supposed to spend all three of his days in Chicago with her and now he was looking at spending, at most, a few hours with her, that is if she didn't throw him out for kissing her rambling for two minutes and then leaving her alone on a smelly tour bus.

"So what exactly is the point of sesame seeds?" Samantha sighed into the phone as she haphazardly flicked the sesame seeds off of her bagel.

She was blissfully unaware that Patrick had snuck into the apartment and at the current moment was leaning up against the wall watching her as she hunched over the kitchen counter.

"No I like the sesame seeds," She replied while chewing on some of the seeds that she had just previously removed.
"It's just, do they really have a purpose? Honestly."
Sighing again she nodded to the person on the other side of the phone though they couldn't see her.
"I'll eat a bagel for dinner if I want." The redhead paused for a second before rolling her eyes, "Maybe if I wasn't poor Zackary I could afford to eat steak. Whatever. Isn't your fifteen up?"
Samantha smiled into the phone while nodding once more.
"I don't need a Sugar Daddy so I can eat steak for dinner."
Her eyes immediately widened in surprise at her best friend's comment,
"Patrick is not my Sugar Daddy - no shut up, I don't want to talk about it." Samantha's face fell,
"No I haven't, he hasn't called. And no I don't care, it's what's best." Sighing once more she rubbed her temples in frustration.
"It's not about Jesse."
Rolling her eyes Samantha cleared her throat happy that the conversation was coming to an end.
"Ok bye Zackary. Yeah I'll see you then, try to get off early tomorrow." She paused for a second before laughing along with the person on the other line, "Yeah, ha ha get off, you're so stupid. Bye."

Samantha shook her head in disbelief before lazily dropping the phone on the counter. She put her head in her hands growing tired of her bagel and looked out the back sliding glass window, she immediately smiled at the cartoon spiders littered across the glass that excitedly wished her a 'Happy Halloween' even though it was June.

"How is it that I never hear you come in? You're like a freaking . . . I don't know something stealthy." Samantha replied over her shoulder with a smirk.

"Oh yeah?" He replied nervously as he subconsciously tapped on the wall behind him.

She nodded her head 'yes' in response before once again taking interest in her bagel.

Patrick inhaled sharply as he made his way over to the counter.
"Sam?" He began but stopped when she started to shake her head 'no.'

"I told you not to and you promised you wouldn't." She said sternly while flicking sesame seeds all over the counter, still refusing to look at him.

"I didn't mean to, I just . . ." He paused for a second to shake his head in disbelief. "I just couldn't help it."

Samantha was immediately on her feet,
"You promised." She pointed in his direction growing angry when his only response was a shrug.

"I'm not sorry." Patrick replied as he advanced on her, pressing her firmly into the counter. Samantha bit her bottom lip nervously as he lowered his head ever so slightly; she went to meet him half way but at the last minute turned her face only to be surprised when the hand caressing the side of her cheek didn't allow her to turn away.

"No, I can't." She closed her eyes afraid to look at him, "I have a . . . Jesse."

"I don't care." Patrick replied honestly as he kept his gaze locked on her. He let his callused fingers touch her cheek ever so lightly urging her to look at him. When she finally surrendered he pressed his mouth against hers, like she hoped he would, but softly, undemanding. Samantha leaned closer to him, deepening the kiss, pushing her tongue into his open mouth. Though he knew it was impossible he wished that he could always keep her this close to him. As quickly as it begun however it was over as she pulled herself out of his grasp and ran a hand through her hair while standing awkwardly between him and the knocking that was coming from the door. Patrick sighed inwardly but didn't speak because no words could possibly explain the frustration he was feeling at that very moment.

"It's my cousin. I was babysitting her boyfriend's turtle Jack while they went on vacation." Samantha explained while gesturing to the turtle that was on the counter.

"You should probably answer it then." He cleared his throat while gesturing with his head towards the door.

"Oh, right." She responded with a blush suddenly feeling stupid about not having already answered the door.

"I'm sorry for coming so late, were you sleeping?" A hushed voice responded once the door was opened.

Patrick ran his hands over his face wanting nothing more than for this person to collect their turtle and go the hell away.

"No not at all." Samantha explained, "I just have a friend over, that's all." She smiled with a nod.

Her cousin put a hand on her hip as she cocked an eyebrow in Sam's direction.
"A friend huh? As in a boyfriend named Jesse?" The taller girl questioned with a laugh before brushing past Samantha and into the apartment. She ruffled her short red hair, an obvious family trait, before actually fixating on the man who lazily leaned up against Sam's counter.
"Patrick?" The taller redhead practically shrieked which caused Patrick to immediately snap out of the conversation he was having with himself.

He glanced up a little bit annoyed before his jaw hit the floor.
"Kelly?" He questioned back absolutely mortified.

"Samantha, what's he doing here?" Kelly immediately turned her attention to her cousin who was at a lack of words as she stammered; it was obvious that Samantha was hearing this news for the first time.
"What are you doing here?" She turned her question to Patrick once she was sure that getting a coherent response from Samantha was impossible.

"That's none of your God damned business." He spat in her direction. Patrick was proud of himself he actually sounded nonchalant when in reality all he was feeling was nauseous.

"We're friends." Samantha finally found her voice as she stared confused at the ex lovers.

Kelly let out a laugh before shaking her head in disbelief.
"Whatever. Just give me the turtle and I'll let you two get back to whatever it was you were doing."

"No." Samantha responded frantically, "It's not like that. We're just friends."

Patrick scoffed and opened his mouth to say something sarcastic but quickly shut it when Samantha shot him a death glare.

"I can't believe you would do this to Jesse." Kelly replied while stretching her arm out to retrieve the turtle that was behind Patrick. He looked at her hand with a raised eyebrow, surely she couldn't be asking him for the damn turtle. "And I can't believe you would do this to her, after all she's been though." She replied bluntly while groaning at the realization that he wasn't going to hand her the turtle.

"Kelly don't." Samantha warned as she watched her cousin walk around the counter to pick up the turtle's small cage.

"What are you talking about? I haven't done anything." Patrick replied bitterly while crossing his arms over his stomach and glancing in between the two girls. He was so stupid he should have realized that they were related - how could he have overlooked that hair?

"Oh don't even pretend that you don't know." She spat at Patrick before returning her gaze to Samantha, "You know he's only doing this to get to me right?"

"That's not true!" Patrick quickly stood up straight as he yelled to defend himself. "Samantha, that's not true - I didn't know you guys were related, I swear." He reached for her but let his arm fall when Sam stepped out of reach.

"You're such a fucking liar." Kelly scoffed while shaking her head as if he had just said a joke that wasn't funny.

"Not everything is about you Kelly, you have your boyfriend's stupid turtle so get over yourself and leave." He spat in her direction while he pointed towards the door.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do." She retorted while shoving his shoulder slightly, "And there is no way in hell I am leaving my cousin here just so you can break her heart and then leave on your stupid tour."

"You know this fight would be more relevant if you knew what the hell you were taking about." He laughed for affect as he watched her stiffen in anger.

"Just stop." Samantha replied with a defeated sigh as she stepped closer to the estranged couple fully prepared to get in-between them if need be.

"You know," Kelly started while cocking her head to the side and adjusting the tiny plastic turtle cage in her hands, "I know you're an asshole Patrick, but why her? Why did you have to choose her? She's been through enough!" Her voice rose as she finished her sentence and stared at him scornfully.

"Kelly don't. He doesn't know." Samantha warned while trying her best to hold back tears that desperately wanted to fall.

"Doesn't know what?" Patrick yelled over them thoroughly annoyed with the fact that he was so blatantly out of the loop and the fact that Kelly was instigating a plan that didn't exist.

"Samantha don't be so naïve, of course he knows." Kelly scoffed at her cousin while rolling her eyes in disbelief, "I mean it's not a secret, my mom is practically blabbing it to anyone who'll listen."

"Well that's fantastic for her." The shorter redhead choked out as she finally let herself cry. Patrick immediately reached out to embrace her but Samantha pushed him away. Her angry footsteps radiated through the tiny apartment before stopping, the sound of footsteps only being replaced with the sound of the water closet door slamming.

"I hope you're proud of yourself Patrick." Kelly spat at him while turning to leave.

"This is unbelievable." Patrick exclaimed in disbelief while shaking his head, "You are such a bitch."

...

Samantha guessed that it had been about 30 minutes since she had locked herself in the toilet room, though she couldn't really be sure. It had grown quiet outside and she hoped that it meant that she was once again alone in her apartment.
Sighing she ran her palms over her face before turning on the sink and letting the water run over her hands that hadn't stopped shaking since Patrick had kissed her.
What the hell had just happened?
She thought she had rigged her life to not be this complicated, of course then she had met Patrick in what could only be called a freak accident. Things like that should never happen in real life.
She had fallen, it was stupid to deny her feelings, especially since she knew of their existence the very second he had questioned the color of the sky.
But then lucky for her he had left and she got to suppress her newfound attraction.

Samantha blinked herself out of her thoughts not allowing any more tears to fall, she was done crying. She sighed while shutting off the water before wiping her hands on a towel.
"Stupid turtle." The redhead mumbled while venturing out of the water closet sniffling as she did so. She figured that blaming the turtle for what had just happened was the easiest and the least destructive, after all if it wasn't for him Kelly wouldn't have had any reason to come over.
Samantha wanted nothing more then to change into her PJ's, crawl into bed and sleep for the next three days but unfortunately for her there he was, sitting at her computer lazily scrolling through her iTunes library.

"Shouldn't you be gone?" She asked, inhaling deeply as she did so.

"I don't know, is that the kind of guy you think I am?" Patrick questioned softly while not removing his gaze from the computer screen.

"What I mean is," Samantha started again while letting her shoulders drop, she felt like collapsing, "shouldn't you be on your way to wherever it is you go next?"

"Probably."

"Well then, I wouldn't want you to get into any trouble or disappoint any people." She responded as evenly as she could, she knew what was coming next, she knew he was going to ask and was trying to avoid it or at least postpone it.

Patrick clicked the mouse a few times as he sighed deeply. He then suddenly swiveled on the chair allowing it to spin until he was facing her, he said nothing but just stared at her. His eyes asking all the questions so his voice didn't have to.

"Stop it." Samantha spat unexpectedly but Patrick's gaze never faltered.
"Please just stop, don't look at me like that." She pleaded as she shut her eyes not wanting to look at him anymore.

"Just answer me this then." Patrick responded quietly while standing and pushing the chair neatly in underneath the desk.
"Why does he get a chance but not me?" he asked, feeling that this was the most important question he could ask.

"Because," She nearly shouted, but stopped to inhale and exhale balling her fists as she did so. "Because," She started again softer this time, "I know that I will never love him."

The wise thing, he knew, would be to stay, to make her talk to him and explain. But he felt suddenly that right now would not be the best time to push her, she was already so overwhelmed.
He had to believe he knew what he was doing as he nodded like he understood her explanation before leaving, closing the door quietly behind him as he did so. Leaving her alone with only her thoughts and Dave Matthew's 'Crash Into Me' playing quietly in the background.
Sign up to rate and review this story