Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

And I wouldn't be caught dead in this place

by lil_chica007 3 reviews

When William Beckett's 'long lost' twin sister returns, the guys from Fall Out Boy take her under their collective wing when no one else knows what to do with her. And Pete makes a connection, as ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-18 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 1412 words - Complete

1Exciting
Just a little filler. The next couple chapters will have more to do with the story.
And each of the chapter titles are lines from songs. the last one was from Heinrich Maneuver by Interpol, and this one is But It's Better If You Do by Panic! At The Disco.


It had been three days since Haley had come home. Her parents had thought it would be best if she moved in with William. So she would have enough supervision to prevent her from having another 'accident', but she wouldn't feel like she was being babysat.

Unfortunately, the plan backfired when William realized his spare room had been turned into a sort of music/video game/band hang out room. So Haley had to sleep on the couch, which she had barely moved from, except to occasionally get food. She was currently slouched down in between the couch cushions watching soap operas.
"So I was thinking, we could go out and buy you a bed today. You know, get you a real room." William said, coming into the room carrying a pile of video game boxes.
"Whatever..." she sighed, not even taking her eyes off the TV.
"What are you gonna do with the TV in there?" Sisky asked, dragging a garbage bag full of empty soda cans and pizza boxes into the kitchen.
"Can I have it?"
"No! Buy your own TV." William said, piling the games on the coffee table. "Come on, get up." He tugged Haley's arm, pulling her up off the couch.
"We're going NOW?" she asked, adjusting her shirt.

An hour later, William, Haley and Sisky were at the mattress store, staring blankly at a row of beds.
"What's the difference?" Haley asked, looking from one to another.
"Hmm..." Sisky scratched his head and took a step towards the beds. He jumped up and landed on his back on the mattress closest to him. He wiggled around for a minute. "It's soft, but not very springy. It may be too soft." Haley laughed and plopped down next to him.
"I sank. I can't roll over."
"Definitely too soft." They stood up and moved to the next mattress.
"This one's bouncier." Haley said, bouncing up and down. She looked at William, standing in front of the bed shaking his head. "Come join us! It's fun." He lied down in between the two of them. Both Haley and Sisky bounced around.
"It's too springy. If someone moves around when I'm asleep, it would feel like an earthquake." Haley shook her head as they all sat up.
"Excuse me, why would there be anyone in your bed TO move around while you were sleeping?" William looked at her pointedly.
"I'm just saying..."
"Yeah, you're just saying. I told mom I'd take care of you." William looked over as Sisky, quietly laughing to himself. "What?"
"Nothing. It's just...you finally sound like brother and sister. It's hilarious." Haley smirked and headed to the next mattress.

After testing half the store, she finally found one she liked. They then went and picked out matching nightstands, a dresser and a headboard made entirely out of mirrors. Haley then bought some hot pink sheets that she thought would look cool, to many protests that they weren't manly enough. When she reminded them that it was her room, and Sisky didn't even live there so why should he care, they relented.

When they arrived at home, Haley immediately resumed her position on the couch. Sisky flopped down next to her and started flipping through the channels. William came in and grabbed the remote out of his hand and sat down next to him.
"Hey, Hales?" she leaned over Sisky to look at him. "We have to go to a sort of dress rehearsal thing for the tour coming up in a little while. Do you want to come with us, or stay and wait for the guys to deliver your furniture?"
"I guess I'll wait. Just in case they come."
"It was cool for them to deliver it the same day."
"I think it was because he thought your sister was hot. My parents bought a couch from there, and it took like a week." Sisky said, looking Haley up and down.
"Dude, cut it out." William smacked him in the back of the head. Haley just smirked at the two of them.
"It's ok. I'm used to it." They sat in silence for a while watching some bad '80s B-movie that made no sense. "What the hell are we watching?" Haley suddenly complained. William and Sisky burst out laughing.
"I have no idea. But we have to go." William looked over at Sisky.

Sisky walked out the door and waited as William turned back towards Haley.
"Are you going to be ok here by yourself?"
"God, YES. I'm not six years old."
"I'm just worried about you, and Mom said I'm not supposed to leave you alone."
"I'm fine."
"You're not going to do anything stupid?" he looked down at the bandages on her wrists.
She rolled her eyes at him, "I'm fine. I promise."
"Remember you have to start therapy in the morning." She rolled her eyes and looked down at the floor. "I can go with you if you want." He smiled at her.
"Ok." She practically whispered, still staring at the floor.

Two hours later, Haley was lying on the couch reading an old Vogue. She had run out of things to do, and had gone snooping through all of William's stuff. In the back of his closet, she found a box full of magazines. Fully expecting them to be Playboys or something, she was a little wary of opening it. After staring at the box for a good 5 minutes, she opened it to find almost every magazine she had ever been featured in. And from all over the world too. She smiled as she looked at some of the European and Asian magazines he would have had to have actively gone out looking for. She was currently reading an in depth profile of 'The Girl Behind the Face', occasionally laughing at how she just flat out lied to some of the questions.

Just then the buzzer rang through the apartment. She got up and looked out the window, down towards the door and saw a big delivery truck parked out front. She went to the door and pushed the intercom button.
"Yeah?"
"Nelson's Home Furnishings, I have a delivery for...William Beckett?"
"Ok. Come on up."

She held the door open as two men hauled her furniture through the apartment.
"You William?" one of the guys asked sceptically, obviously checking her out.
"No I'm Haley Beckett."
"Oh. You the wife?"
"Sister." They bumped the dresser into the coffee table on their way and knocked the magazine off. On his way back through, the second guy picked it up off the ground and glanced at the cover.
"Hey, this chick kind of looks like you." He said holding the magazine up next to her face.
"That's because it is me."
"So, are you some kind of model or something?" the first guy asked.
"I was kidding! Are you crazy, what would that girl be doing in Chicago?" she laughed, shaking her head.

They finished hauling in all of her furniture and came back out into the living room.
"So we're all done. Do you want any help moving it around? It's kind of heavy." The second guy asked. Haley looked into the room at all the furniture stacked in the middle.
"No, I got it. Do I owe you anything?"
"Nope, all paid for at the store."
"Awesome." He walked out towards the elevator.
"So, you want to get together sometime?" the first guy asked, still checking her out.
"No thanks. I have a boyfriend."
"Really. What's his name?" the guy asked.
"Uh...Pete?" she named the first person that came to her head. The guy shrugged and walked out the door. She picked up the magazine, and looked sadly at the face staring at her from the cover.



Please review! So, I just watched that Rock Love show or whatever it's called on VH1 with the guy from Poison, and eew! I feel like I'm going to catch herpes just watching it! I need to go bathe or something. It's so skanky, yet somehow mesmerizing. It's like a car crash, you don't want to watch, but you can't look away.
Sign up to rate and review this story