Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

Our gossip lips stuttered everything I said, I said

by lil_chica007 1 review

When William Beckett's 'long lost' twin sister returns, the guys from Fall Out Boy take her under their collective wing when no one else knows what to do with her. And Pete makes a connection, as ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-07-20 - 1637 words - Complete

0Unrated
this chapter's title is from The Music Or The Misery by FOB (like you didn't already know that). I really like writing this, so I hope you like reading it.


Everybody from Fall Out Boy, The Academy Is, and Cobra Starship were gathered in a warehouse outside Chicago finishing up their final rehearsal for the tour that was going to start in a couple days. They had ordered pizzas, and were all sitting around eating and having a 'bonding experience', relaxing before the stress of the tour set in.
"So Pete," Sisky shouted across the room at a quiet point in the conversation, "I heard you met Bill's sister. Is she hot or what?" Everyone stopped mid-bite and turned their heads towards William.
"Um, yeah I did. At the airport." Pete said self-consciously, as all eyes were now on him.
"You have a sister?"
"How old is she?"
"What's she like?"
"Can we meet her?" all the questions started flying. Gabe had been silent until this point. He slid his chair over to William and leaned in to him.
"How long has she been back?"
"Just a couple days. I thought she would have told you."
"I haven't heard anything since she sent me that email. Did she tell you about the video?"
"She said it was pictures!" William said, his eyes wide.
"It's a video too. It's on Perez Hilton."
"I'll tell her to call you." Gabe nodded and moved his chair back. "Guy's calm down!" William shouted at everyone, laughing at their eagerness.

William told them the entire story about his sister. About how she left and came back, went out with Gabe then left again. "...and she came home on Monday, and she's staying with me for the time being."
"Is she coming on tour with us?" Patrick asked.
"No, she's staying here to go to therapy. She has some problems."
"What does she look like? We should Google her. If she's a model there'll be pictures." Joe said. "Does anyone have a computer?" Everyone shook their heads.
"I have mine, but there's no internet in here." Ryland said.

After everyone had quickly finished their pizza, the group moved to the Starbucks to get on the internet. They were all crowded around Ryland's computer, except William and Gabe, who were standing off to the side looking anxious about what they would find.
"Ok...um, there's nothing under Haley Beckett." Ryland tried typing the name in again, spelling it differently.
William peered over his band's heads to look at the screen. "Try Iona. It's like her stage name."
"Why does that name sound familiar?" Victoria scrunched up her face.
"It's the name of Molly Ringwald's friend in Pretty in Pink. Her manager thought a more exotic sounding name would set her apart." William explained.
"Iona Beckett, or just Iona?" Ryland asked, typing it in.
"Just Iona."
"I've heard of her! She IS hot! I'd do her." Joe perked up.
"Dude, it's Bill's sister." Andy scolded him.
"I'd still do her." Everyone laughed.
"Ok, here she is." Ryland adjusted the computer screen so everyone could see.
"Hey, there's a picture with Gabe." Alex pointed at one and Ryland clicked on it.
"And a video." The Butcher said.
"WHOA!" everyone shouted all at once making everyone in the store jump and look over at them.
"I just saw Gabe's ass. I think I'm scarred for life." Patrick turned his back to the computer.
"She's very flexible." Victoria said, tilting her head to one side. Everyone else was frozen in shock.
"Ok. We've seen enough." William rushed forward and shut the computer. "So that's why she had to come home."

Later that night, William walked in the door with Pete to hear a crash followed by a loud shriek. They ran into Haley's room, where the sound came from. They screeched to a stop in the doorway and Pete burst out laughing.
"Hales, what happened?" William asked. Haley was lying on the floor surrounded by a pile of metal bed railings. Her dressers were shoved just far enough out of the way, so that she could squeeze her bed in, and the mattress was tipped over top of her, so that just her feet stuck out.
"I was trying to put my bed together, and it fell on me!" this just made Pete laugh harder.
"By yourself? It's twice as big as you." He leaned down to lift the mattress up so she could climb out.
"We'll help put it together, so you can go to sleep. Come on Pete."
"Hey, you said we were going to watch movies. No one said anything about manual labor." He complained, helping anyway.
"Ok. The first problem is that you don't have enough room to work. You should move the rest of the furniture farther away." William instructed.
"That was as far as I could push it. I almost ripped my stitches out." She said, lifting the sleeve of her shirt and holding up one of her bandaged wrists to show the blood leaking through.
"Oh my God, are you ok? Does it hurt?" William asked pulling her arm closer so he could look at it. "Let's go get you a new bandage." He pulled her towards the bathroom, searching through the cabinet for the bandages he'd bought for her.

When William and Pete 'helped' put the bed together, it mostly consisted of them doing the work and Haley sitting on top of the dresser bossing them around and eating the leftover pizza they brought her. Haley had accidentally spilled Diet Coke all over the instructions, so when they had finally managed to figure out how to put the bed together right, it was almost midnight. They had then rearranged the furniture 5 times before they finally gave up.
"If it's not perfect yet, we can move it later. I quit." William said, stretching his back out.
"I think maybe if the bed was on this wall..."
"No!"
"We already tried it on that wall, and you said it was too close to the door." Pete reminded her.
"You're right. I'll think about it."
"I'm going to bed. Pete, there's no use in you driving home. You can just crash here tonight." William told him walking across the hall to his own bedroom, shutting the door half way before opening it and sticking his head out. "And don't even think about going near my sister. I know your reputation!" he shut the door with a loud bang.
"Ooh. Burn!" Haley giggled.
"You're not exactly squeaky clean yourself, Haley!" he shouted through the door. It was Pete's turn to giggle.
"So I guess I'll go sleep on the couch..." he said slowly walking towards the door.
"Just to warn you, I've been sleeping on that couch for almost a week. There're no curtains and the sun comes up at 6:08 every day."
"Harsh. That's ok though. I don't really sleep anyway."
"Are you sure you don't want to sleep in here?" she followed him out of the room.
"Well if you're offering..." he turned around and bumped straight into her.
"I am."
"Pete sleeps on the floor!" William yelled from his room. "And I can hear everything, so don't try anything funny!"

Pete was lying on Haley's floor with an extra pillow and one of her blankets. He sighed and shifted around for the third time in 10 minutes trying to get comfortable.
"Ok, this is ridiculous. Get up here." Haley suddenly turned the light on.
"What?"
"The floor's hard, and REALLY dirty." She said, peering over the end of the bed at Pete and inspecting the carpet.
"But Bill said..."
"The door's shut. What he doesn't know won't hurt him."
"Are you sure?"
"I won't try anything funny if you won't" she smiled.
"Deal." He sat up and climbed into the other side of the bed. "I'll sleep on top of the sheets, to deter anything funny." He said, making Haley laugh. She shut the light out again and they sat in silence for a while. "Why did you do it?" she whispered just as Pete was half asleep.
"Do what?"
"Take the Ativan."
"There was a lot of pressure on me." He sighed. "From the band, my girlfriend at the time, just life in general. I wasn't even thinking about what would happen when I took them. Why did you?"
"I was overwhelmed. I couldn't handle it anymore. I didn't even know what I was doing. All of a sudden, there was a knife in my hand, and I was bleeding everywhere."
"Was it the thing with Gabe?"
"You know about that?"
"We saw the video at practice. It was an accident though, Joe wanted to Google you to see what you looked like."
"That was the last straw. When I heard that it leaked, I sort of snapped." She said, her eyes welling up with tears. She sniffed, "I don't want to talk about it."
"Ok. But if you ever want someone to talk to, just know that I'm here. I know what you're going through."
"Thanks." She wiped her eyes and looked over at him in the dark. She could just see his outline in the little bit of moonlight coming in through the crack in the curtain. She giggled slightly.
"What is it now?" Pete asked, trying to sound annoyed.
"I guess we're even then."
"What do you mean?" he looked over at her, and met her eyes in the darkness.
"I have Google too."
"Huh?"
"Morrissey posters? In the bathroom? Seriously."
He laughed. "Ok, we're even. Good night."



If you can't tell what the Morrissey posters in the bathroom reference is to, then you've been living under a rock for the past year. (in case you have been living under a rock, just message me and I'll explain it)
Sign up to rate and review this story