Categories > TV > Stargate: SG-1 > Chick Drama

2. With Every Door That Closes, Opens a Window

by glo316 0 reviews

Bye bye Janet...Hello, Vio

Category: Stargate: SG-1 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-12-13 - Updated: 2005-12-14 - 2148 words

0Unrated
2. With Every Door That Closes, Opens a Window

After school, Sam, Daniel, Jack and some of the gang went by Janet's for a send off. It was a good thing that she lived only five minutes away. Arriving outside her house, they were hit by the reality of her leaving. There was a removal van with men in overalls carrying several piled up dining chairs. For about an hour, everyone sat on the lawn in front of the house, laughing about old times and funny moments, which lead to the fact that T.C wasn't here to say goodbye.
"It's a shame T.C isn't back yet, he's missing this." Sam said.
"He knew." Janet hastily said.
"He knew?" Jack repeated.
"I told him that I might be gone by the time he came back, so I said goodbye."
"And you tell us on the day you leave." Jack continued.
"I wasn't sure if I was leaving then, but I had a hunch. And I was right."
"You could have at least told me, I am supposed to be your best friend." Sam said.
"But you would have just worried."
"Like you were this morning." Daniel added.
"What happened this morning?" Kawalsky asked.
"Carter was getting all freaked out about Fraiser not being here."
Everyone laughed, including Sam. When Janet's father told her they were about to depart, they all in turn gave Janet a hug, wished her well and told her to keep in touch. She said 'thanks' and that she would always remember them. When Sam and Janet hugged, tears seemed to be contagious. It started with Sam and passed onto Janet, who left in the back seat of her car waving rapidly with tears streaming down her face to a smile. On the lawn was the 'for sale' sign and the emptiness of the house was noticeable to all.

"You wanna get shakes?" Jack openly asked, trying to make Sam feel better.
"Count me in!" Kawalsky motioned.
"Me too." Ferretti followed.
"Sam? Daniel?" Jack asked looking at one to the other, "You guys coming?"
"I could do with a banana milkshake." Daniel replied, "Sam, you coming?"
"I think I'm going to go home."
"You sure? A milkshake can't tempt ya?" Jack's attempt to persuade Sam, "-we could all go see a movie afterwards? -get a burger?"
"Thanks Jack, but I just really want to go home. I'll see you all on Monday."
"Bye Sam." the boys said in unison.
Jack and Daniel made a glance at one another and shrugged their shoulders.

They walked down the streets chatting about television and movies, with the occasional mention of novels from Daniel, and school. On their way, the polyphonic version of 'The Entertainer' sounded.
"Whose phone?" Kawalsky enquired, everyone made slaps to their pockets to find the source of the noise.
"Mine!" Jack hollered, taking his phone from his pocket and flipping it open, "O'Neill!...hey...I'm not sure...maybe...I dunno...did I give you my number?...Harry?...oh.... sweet...might see ya later...bye." Jack flipped it close and put it back into his pocket. The others were staring at him, waiting for him to tell them who it was.
"Jack, who was that?"
"Danny, didn't ya mother ever tell ya to not ask people about private phone calls?"
"My mum's not around much, so it would most likely be my Aunty Cat to tell me something like that. And she hasn't ever mentioned that fact."
"Jack who was it?" Ferretti asked, "Just tell."
"I bet it was a girl. It sounded like a girl."
"What?" Daniel held a questioning gaze.
"The way he spoke on the phone, it sounded like he was talking to a girl."
"-Was it the lovely Anise?" Ferretti jumped in front; as he said the word 'lovely' he made a breast gesture.
"I didn't know she had your number."
"Why'd she call?" Kawalsky enquired.
"She was wondering if I was going down to the park tonight."
"I might." Kawalsky stated.
"I don't see a point in going to a park to drink." Daniel said, politically.
"It's a habit. It's like social club."
"For popular kids? That's discriminating."
"If I could change the rules, I would."

The next morning Jack woke up, faced down on the floor of Kawalsky's bedroom. He fluttered his eyes open and gazed at his surroundings. Jack had stayed round his house so many times that on any other day, he would have immediately recognised where he was, but today, it took him a moment to see straight.
"Where the hell am I?...Helloo!"
"Stop making so much noise." Kawalsky said rubbing his head, while getting out of bed. Jack was still on the floor squinting at the carpet, which was slowly coming back into focus. After several blinks, his vision was cleared.
"What time is it? Why'd you leave the curtains open?" Jack complained.
"I must've forgotten to close them yesterday."

Jack was on his way home from Kawalsky's because there was no way he was going to walk around in the same clothes for two days straight. He was in the greatest of moods. Last night he went to the park for his routine Friday night drinking with the gang and others. But what has put the coat-hanger-in-mouth smile on his face was the fact that he and Anise were now going out. Jack decided that since he was going to be passing Daniel's house, that he would stop by and ask him if he wanted to hang out. As he came closer to Daniel's house, he re-thought his plan and smelled his clothes. Disliking the scent, he told himself that he would go back to his own house before calling Daniel.

Seeing a large white truck outside his neighbours, he adopted the thought that a new family was moving in. Three guys exited the house and picked up boxes and took them inside. Reaching his front door, Jack saw a girl with black hair and a green fringe dancing to her Walkman. Seeing him, she stopped and took a pair of glasses from her pocket and put them on.
"Hey!"
Jack twisted round, "Talking to me?"
"Yeah, do you live there?"
"That might be the reason I have a key." Jack answered in a sarcastic tone.
She smiled and jogged over to the fence that separated their homes, "you must be Jack." she said, outstretching her arm over the fence. Jack gave her a puzzled look and walked over, "I'm Vio." she said, grasping Jack's hand.
"...How do you know my name?"
"I met your mother and she was talking about you. She said you were my age and that you go to Cheyenne High."
"Oh...why did she tell you that?"
"She was telling me about the neighbourhood... And I did say I was starting Cheyenne on Monday."
"Oh...I can't say I'm surprised. My mum always goes into too much detail."
"Yeah, I know what you mean."
"-Vio, you gonna help out or what?" was yelled from Vio's front door, cutting off their conversation.
"Gus, this is Mrs. O'Neill's son!"
"Oh!" Gus said startled. He jogged over, "I'm Gus-"
"Gustave." Vio butt in.
"Shut up!" Gus bellowed at Vio, pushing her out of the way. "You can call me Gus. Little sisters are so fucking annoying, I wish I was an only child."
"It does have its perks."
Suddenly, Jack's front door opened and his mother came out.
"Jack. You've met our new neighbours then. That's good. I knew you'd all get on like a house on fire.- Jack, I'm going out and I won't be back 'til late. Fix yourself dinner." With that she gave Jack a peck on the cheek, "Bye kids- oh and Jack..."
"Yes mum?"
"Help our neighbours."
"Sure."
Jack's mother walked into the driveway, got into her car and with the wave of her hand, drove off down the street.
Jack did as his mother asked and helped them unpack their belongings. During which, he met the other guys Michael and Jonas. At about four o'clock, they all took a break and Gus called for some pizza, while they waited, they chatted.
"Gri-iff!" Vio called, in a whining tone.
"Ye-es!" Jonas answered, "What's the matter?"
"Come sit here!" she said patting the empty space beside her on the couch. He responded by sitting in the space she had motioned to, embracing her, then placing his arm around her shoulders and bringing her legs across his lap.
"Happy now?"
"Extremely." she said smiling, snuggling up against Jonas' chest.
"Shit." Michael said to himself, just loud enough to hear.
"Hey Mike, you forget something?" Gus said, seeing Michael rising to his feet.
"I got to go! I'm meeting Jenny!"
"You and Jen still going out? - Wow, that's like ten - eleven months!" Vio said.
"I thought it was eight months?" Gus questioned.
"That's what I thought." Jonas said, seconding the notion.
"I'll see you later!"
"Say hi to Jen for me!" Vio shouted as Michael practically ran through the front door. "-Anyway, as I was saying, the reason I know they've been going out longer is because I knew about their relationship before you guys."
"Why would Mike neglect to tell us something as important as his relationship with Jenny?" Jonas enquired.
"Did you know he liked her months before they got together?" Gus asked his sister, sticking his tongue out at her.
Vio briefly ignored Jonas' question to answer Gus, "Yeah, I knew how he liked her for ages. And I knew that Jenny had also fancied him for like ever. And I was the one who nudged Mikey to ask her out! So there!" she finished, wagging her tongue, "If it wasn't for me, they wouldn't even be going out!
"Answer my question!" Jonas said whining at Vio and pulling her hair lightly to get her head to face him.
"Gri-iff! Well...I guess it's cause I'm a girl and I'm understanding."
"Are you trying to say I'm not understanding?"
In the background Jack was having a conversation with Gus about hockey and music.
"Griff, you're totally understanding. Maybe Mikey wanted a feminine point of view on the subject. You know a guy will always turn to a girl for advice - especially a girl like me."

Sam sat on her bed with books scattered all over and various items from her pencil case dotted about. She was doing the normal of her daytime, doing homework. Interrupting her, three knocks came from the other side of the door.
"Come in!" Sam shouted. It was her father.
"Hey kiddo." Jacob said, walking through the door, looking at her bed and then deciding to sit on a chair by Sam's dresser, "Mark told me that you're upset."
"I'm fine. I was a bit earlier; I was just so shocked that Janet's gone. I'm missing her already."
Jacob stood up, moved over to the bed, pushed aside some books and sat down alongside his daughter. He put his arm around her and squashed her into a tight hug, "I know."
Within seconds, Sam was reduced to tears once again.

Vio had previously finished unpacking her possessions and noticed that a balcony was connected to her bedroom. Seeing this for the first time, she decided to check it out. She pulled at the sliding glass doors and walked into the night air. The sky was dark and stars were sprinkled across it. She slowly stepped, admiring the natural beauty of nature.
"Hey!"
Vio jumped at the sound. She turned in the direction of the voice and saw Jack. He was across from her at the house beside her own. He was sitting on a blanket in front of what looked like a telescope, "Hey to you too! You gave me a fright!"
"If you wanna get a proper look at the stars, you must look through a telescope." Jack said as he viewed the stars with his telescope, "You can come over and take a look if you want."
"Cool! I'll be over in a sec!" Vio began to jog over to her door.
"Hey!"
She stopped, "What?"
"Just jump across."
"Me? Jump across?" she said pointing to her own body.
"Yeah," he said rising to his feet, "I'll make sure you don't fall."
Vio began to become nervous as she walked closer to the miniature brick wall.
"Hold on." Jack did a little run over to an edge of his thirty-centimeter high wall. He picked up a plank of wood that had laid against it and place it over the gap between their balconies, "Now you can walk along this."
Vio's nervousness was still building up in the pit of her stomach. Jack watched her expression as she edged nearer to the plank and moved towards her. And held out his arm for support.
"Take my hand." he said making eye contact.
Sign up to rate and review this story