Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > When They Were Young

Meeting Again

by FunkyMonkey 3 reviews

Chaptr 2 is here. Sorry it took so long. And sorry thats its short.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-07-22 - Updated: 2007-07-22 - 981 words

0Unrated
This chapter is dedicated to Smiley02 for helping me find a cool song for this story. It's called "When They Were Young" by The Killers. Thanks.
******************

Delilah's P.O.V

I can't believe he is being so mean to me, Delilah though after she finished crying. All I wanted was a friend, someone my own age, someone I can hang out with. But I guess that won't happen. I sure miss my parents. I wonder why I have to be here anyway. My parents promised they would be back. But I guess they lied. I am going to hate being here.

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now ... here he comes!



As Delilah was still absorbing her thoughts she heard her door knock. With her tiny little legs she quickly scurried to the door to open it. She was so excited; maybe it was her parents that came to get her. As she opened up her door, with a big smile of her face, she noticed it wasn't her mom.........or her dad. Quickly her big smile turned into a big frown of disappointment. It was Al.

"Like, woah kiddo, what's up?" he said with his disco 70s accent.

"Nothing, thinking you was my parents" Delilah said in her sweetest voice.

"Ya, I don't think they will be back any time soon kiddo" Al replied with a bit of concern in his voice.

"Why?" Delilah questioned.

Quickly without answering the question Al changed the subject, and handed Delilah a toy car.

The frown that she had on her face slowly returned into a smile. Wow, she though a brand new toy for me. She couldn't believe it. She was super excited.

"Thanks" She said. And sat down on the ground and started playing with it.

He doesn't look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman
Like you imagined when you were young

Julius's P.O.V

I can't believe she thought she could play with one of my cars, he thought. These are the ones my dad gave me before he died. I wouldn't let my best friend from my old school touch it. And I am sure I wouldn't let a girl that I only knew for a couple of minutes touch it; a very weird girl at that.

Can we climb this mountain
I don't know
Higher now than ever before
I know we can make it if we take it slow
Let's take it easy
Easy now, watch it go

As Julius was sitting in the lounge playing with his toy cars, someone tapped him on his shoulder. He ignored it; until the person tapped him again. Again he ignored it. The person was kept on tapping on Julius's shoulder and wouldn't leave him alone until he turned around. With a single word he said "WHAT?"

As he turned around he noticed who it was. And he wasn't happy who he was seeing. It was Delilah.

"Sorry, but you want to play with me?" she asked him.

"Nope" he replied and started humming while playing with his toy cars.

Again this time around, he didn't see the hurt in Delilah's eyes when he declined her offer to play. But she wouldn't give up so easily. She was determined to get Julius as her friend. So she asked again.

We're burning up the highway skyline
On the back of a hurricane that started turning
When you were young
When you were young

She kept on nagging him until he would say yes. But her plan wasn't working. Boy, he was as stubborn as her. But Delilah didn't know that she was really upsetting him. His face was getting redder, and it sort of looked like steam was coming out of his ears and nose. Finally, he said, wait, more like yelled,

"Leave me ALONE"

He said as he through his favorite car up against the wall.


And sometimes you close your eyes
and see the place where you used to live
When you were young

As he through it, in slow motion it broke into a million pieces. (Well, not exactly but you know what I mean)

Julius was shocked to what he had done. But unlike Julius, Delilah was amazed to what have happened. She was sort of shocked, but almost amused at the same time. Which Julius had noticed and got even more upset.

"Look what you have made me do!" he screamed at the top of his lungs.

"It wasn't my fault" Delilah protested.

"Is to!, why do you keep on following me?" he questioned.

"I want to be your friend" she said.

That was it. Julius has had enough. He didn't want to be here, anymore then anyone wanted him here. Except for the freak of nature Delilah, he thought.

After all of the commotion, finally Al and Scarlet arrived. Once of them took Delilah (which was scarlet) and the other took Julius (which obviously was Al) and they when for a walk in separate directions to talk about what had happened.

They say the devil's water, it ain't so sweet
You don't have to drink right now
But you can dip your feet
Every once in a little while

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now here he comes

He doesn't look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman
Like you imagined when you were young
(He talks like a gentlemen, like you imagined when)
When you were young

I said he doesn't look a thing like Jesus
He doesn't look a thing like Jesus
But more than you'll ever know
********
Well, thanks for reading, ill try and update A.S.A.P
Sign up to rate and review this story