Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Within Temptation

Within The Broken Shards

by darks00 3 reviews

REMINDER: This story is not to encourage self-abusers, but to get help! The plates reminded myself of me. It was once whole, but then crashed into shards, broken over one 'incident'. Broken S...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-25 - Updated: 2007-07-26 - 808 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1: Within The Broken Shards

The Academy, 18:17, The Kitchen

"JULIUS!" snapped Scarlett.

I jumped out of my daydream. "What?"

"Zack asked you to pass the salt, Man" Al told me.

"Oh. Sorry, guess I never heard," I lied.

I knew that Zack was speaking to me. I was ignoring him. Here we all are, at the kitchen table. Al and Scarlett asked us to eat in the kitchen at the table closest to the corner so we could talk about our mission on Doctor Dismay about his new mind control potion. Why was Zack here? Good question, I don't know the answer myself. Delilah must have begged Al and Scarlett to let him join us. I passed Zack the salt, my eyes stuck on my plate of food (what was I eating, macaroni?!) trying not to show my bitterness.

"Thanks, Juls," said Zack.

I joked on my food a bit. 'Juls'? Only Delilah calls me 'Juls'! No one calls me that, especially not Zack.

"Julius, you okay?" asked Scarlett, raising an eyebrow, while Delilah handed me a glass of water.

I gladly accepted it, nodded my thanks, and drank it as fast as I could.

"Sorry, down the wrong tube," I lied, hiding my frown with a false, fake laughter.

When supper ended, I realise it was my turn to wash dishes. It wasn't hard, since there were three dishwashers in the academy. I basically only had to wash and dry the pots and pans, and maybe about ten dishes. Crap. I wasn't in the mood to do dishes. It was Nosey's turn to pick up the dishes and hand them to me to clean and dry.

I got in the kitchen, put in the soap in the silver sink, and put in the nice warm water. I sighed. It's been a long, hard day. Today must be 'Get-Julius-Day'. Nosey came in with some plates.

"Here are the dishes, Julius," Nosey said cheerfully as always.

"Nosey, be careful," I warned,

He was so eager to please. Too bad he has two left feet. He tripped on his own feet, cried out in surprise. I rushed to try to catch him before he fell, but I was too late.


CRASH.

Nosey fell to the ground, and the six plates Nosey had in his hands crashed on the floor. Nosey has to be the luckiest guy I know.

The plates missed Nosey by about two centimeters. Nosey and me sighed in relief. I helped him up. Nosey gave a nervous laughter, which make me only smirk and shake my head.

"Go continue getting the dishes, I'll clean up here," I told him.

"You sure?" He asked me.

"'Course." I told him with a smile.

"Thanks, Julius," he waved me off.

Why didn't I get the broom? Was I too stupid to try to pick the glass up with my hands? It was childish of me to try to pick them up with my bare hands. I looked at the sharp shards. I picked a couple up with my left hand, not being careful. When I threw them in the garbage, I realized one hit my palm and made it bleed. It was funny. I didn't realize it made me bleed until I felt a warm liquid on my hand. It was blood. My own blood. It wasn't a big cut. It was tiny. Then why couldn't I stop starring at it?

I put my hand under the tap, and washed the blood off onto second sink. It was then I felt my cut sting. But... I liked it. It gave me a rush.

(a/n: I would explain more, for my best friend's been through it, but that would only make most people feel uncomfortable, so I won't go any further unless asked, LOL! Maybe I'll put an 'a/n' where for sensitive readers to stop reading and where to start again, HA! Please tell me what you think.)

When I heard Nosey coming, I gasped in surprise, wiped the waters off my hands on my pants, and pretended to continue picking up the shards of the plates. I didn't want him to see that I got hurt and worry about something so little and stupid.

The plates reminded myself of me. It was once whole, but then crashed into shards, broken over one 'incident'. I sighed.

Nosey smiled at me, I put a false smile back at him, continue to picking up the shards of the plates. When he left again, I sighed. I couldn't stop thinking of my wound. I made sure no one was looking, and grabbed one of the broken shards of the plate, the sharpest one I could find, and put it in my pants pocket.

That rush...That pain gone for a second...I want to feel that again...

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story