Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Kill All Your Friends

Eyes Meet.

by tragicWithACapital_T 3 reviews

...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-07-29 - Updated: 2007-07-29 - 1779 words

0Unrated
YAY! I UPDATED MORE QUICKLY THAN USUAL! Does happy dance... and there really IS a happy dance This chapter is still pretty vague, but hopefully it'll keep you reading. Thank you to those who follow this story, I probably should've thanked you all before this. Lisa, I told you I didn't know why I made you quiet so I decided to get it over with in this chapter. Without further ado: ENJOY!


I shakily dialed into my phone, closing the booklet.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lisa," I said.

"What's up?" she asked. Shit, I must sound as if I've seen a fucking ghost or something.

"Oh nothing much, just bored. The usual. Anything new? Talked to anyone?" I asked hinting curiosity, anything to clear my head.

She sighed, "Emily, let it go."

"I'm not going to let it go. I'm very capable of driving to his house right now and asking." I threatened playfully.

She sounded angry, "Emily! I'm telling you just fucking stay out of it!"

Okay, that hurt.

"What? I can't be curious? Come on Lisa, I'm not going to tell anyone anything if you don't want me to and you know it!" I pleaded. Yes, I was desperate for information. "Haven't I proved myself a worthy friend?" I asked pulling out some guilt. Even I had to admit it might have been a little too much.

There was silence on the line for what seemed like forever.

"We talked a bit," she admitted.

"How long is a bit?" I pressed.

"Two and a half hours..." it was obvious she felt embarrassed.

"Congratulations! Do I hear wedding bells?" I joked around.

"QUIT IT!" she demanded.

"Lisa... why aren't you happy? Seriously, this is /good/, I promise."

"I know it's good, it's just a bit... new, that's all. Come on, even you can understand that."

Unfortunately I could. It's difficult to pretend like I don't care, but sometimes it just really sucks never to have even been on one date. Really, I was going to be in High School soon for Frank's sake! 'Damn... I really should stop using Frank's name so much' I silently cursed myself. It had become such a habit since I never wanted to be offense by saying things like "God" or "Jesus Christ" because a lot of people were touchy like that. It doesn't bother me but it's just more comforting to take caution.

"New is good," I reassured her after slight hesitation, luckily she hadn't noticed. Fuck! I was so fucking selfish sometimes.

"Yea." She agreed, I could hear her smile on the other line.

"First date is..." my voice trailed off.

I heard her laugh, "Monday. He hasn't told me anything else though." I could hear the annoyance in her voice.

"Aww, that's so cute!" This comment could possibly push her over the edge.

"Yea, I just hope I'm not some other girl. I mean, a guy like him has probably dated before, there's no doubt about it. What if I'm too inexperienced, or immature? Shit, I'm not pretty enough! And he'll certainly think-"

"LISA! Shut up before you have a fucking anxiety attack woman! Seriously. You're fucking gorgeous, you're fun, you have a great sense of humor, you're understanding, you both have similar interests... and you have great friends that he could've picked if he was smart but he chose to like you instead." I added that last part hoping for a laugh. There was no better way to boost someone's confidence (other than a new haircut or some other form of personal pampering).

"Bullshit, I'm obviously the best choice!" she said, I could just imagine Lisa bouncing her hair with her hand as she said it and couldn't contain my laughter as I held the phone away for a moment.

"You're just jealous," she said picking up on the laugh.

"Of you? You're good but not that good," I retorted, pretending to be hurt. There was laughter on both ends. "Lisa, I have a feeling you'll be just fine."

"Yea, I will, won't I?" she said giggling once more.

She screamed.

"OH MY GOD! EMILY! TEENAGERS IS NUMBER ONE ON TRL!!! THEY HAVEN'T BEEN NUMBER ONE IN FOREVER!!! YES!" she screamed on the other line.

"HELL YES!" I shouted in delight. We were TRL junkies, even though we were normally pissed at who people tended to pick. Hell, I remember when Lipgloss came out; we were fucking pissed that it kept beating MCR. Honestly, how do people like a song about lipgloss better than Teenagers? There was absolutely no meaning behind Lil Mama's lyrics. Besides... lipgloss can't even pop. It just doesn't make sense.

The conversation was lost by now. I ran downstairs and turned on the TV and we both began screaming the lyrics jumping up and down. I forgot that I wasn't home alone and my brother looked down at me from upstairs. He shook his head at me and went back to his room.

"TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME! THEY CAN CARE LESS AS LONG AS SOMEONE'LL BLEED! SO DARKEN YOUR CLOTHES, OR STRIKE A VIOLENT POSE, MAYBE THEY'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE BUT NOT ME!" I sang Ray's guitar part as the song ended and Gerard's face was swallowed by a sea of rebellious kids.

Shit. My mind was racing now, just looking at the video. "Hey, Lisa?" I asked in a quiet voice, "I think I'm gonna go now."

"You sure?" she asked, a trace of worry apparent in her voice.

"Yea. I'll talk to you later, 'kay? Bye"

"Bye."

I disconnected the call and began my way upstairs and to my room. I flopped on the bed and screamed into my pillow, not fairly loud, but enough to clear some of my frustration. I looked at the clock even though I knew it was 2 in the afternoon. I mean, TRL just ended. They weren't onstage yet; they wouldn't be for hours. I just couldn't will myself to pick up the fucking phone and call.

Damnit. I wished so much that I could be there. But nooo, my mom just didn't want to drive from West Palm to Tampa to see the same concert twice. This sucked. The Projekt Revolution tour was only in Florida for 2 days.

I turned onto my side, the pillow that had covered my face was now comfortably under my head. I didn't want to sleep. I really did not want to sleep. I felt a pang of sadness in my heart for no reason whatsoever. I hated this feeling. I tried not to cry into my pillow, and even though I did not want to, sleep had claimed me.

I was back on the couch. Only now Frank and I sat on opposite ends of the couch and there were others in the room sitting on the furniture, which had been arranged into a circle. The band began to look at each other, as if speaking with their minds. I watched them all in awe, staring for what felt like hours at each of them, just drinking in their appearance. My eyes scanned the room at the band members who were now staring at nothing in particular, it seemed. My eyes swept from Ray, to Bob, then Mikey, over to Frank, and finally Gerard. My breath caught, Gerard had been staring at me and our eyes had met.
Suddenly I felt like I was falling and tried to catch myself, jolting awake as my heart pounded. I rolled more to the center of the bed, even though I had been nowhere near rolling the edge. I stared at the wall, unmoving.

The house shook as the front door slammed shut, someone was home. I threw the covers off of me and stretched, looking at my watch. It was 6:21 pm. I rolled out of bed and dragged myself downstairs towards the smell of food. As I arrived in the kitchen I saw a few white paper bags. Yum, Wendy's. I said hello to my mom as I dove into the bags to find my food, a number 7 with a plain baked potato and small Diet Pepsi. I took the food to the table and started to eat the chicken sandwich absentmindedly. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until now. The sandwich was devoured quickly and I started to make my potato. First the butter, then the sour cream, now all I had to do was eat it. I picked up the fork and began, more slowly than I had with the sandwich. Food was good; and now, food was gone.

I didn't say a word for the rest of the night. I decided not to log onto my computer and just watched TV until it was late. I felt numb yet aware. It was weird. Finally I took a short shower, brushed my teeth, and climbed into bed for the second time that day. Even though I had pretty much done nothing all day, I felt extremely tired. It took only minutes to slip into a surprisingly dreamless sleep.

______________________________________________________________________________
(A band member's point of view.)

I didn't know why I wanted to talk to her so badly. Why the hell did I even give her my phone number? I sighed, everything just seemed so fucked up and confusing. It was unhealthy to look over at my phone that many times. The performance had been great as usual, but the fans in the front to my right just weren't as enthusiastic as the fans I had seen the night before.

The night had long been over, the next day had snuck up on me and I was surprised that it was 3 in the morning. The only thing I could look forward to later on in the day was being less distant. I prayed to God that I hadn't worried any of my friends snoring from within the other bunks. I rolled over trying once more to sleep, finally taking false comfort in the hope that she hasn't called yet because she hadn't had the chance to read the note. Sleep slowly washed over me, but at last it had taken its effect.




MWUAHAHA! This seems like a pretty good place to stop, don't you think? Haha, sorry to leave you hanging and all but seriously... maybe I'll update soon again, but there's only one way to be sure. REVIEW! I have to know that people are actually reading this story, seriously, you don't know how much a little support means to me.
(That excludes Maria, Lisa, and Amanda. I already know you guys are reading this story, so yea, you know this isn't directed to you 3.)

Until next chapter, piggies!
Sign up to rate and review this story