Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > World Tour

Chapter 05 - Crushed

by CCero 0 reviews

As Zodo and Heero's fight meets its climax, a strange new person greets the loser and reveals the answer he's been searching for.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-12-19 - Updated: 2005-12-20 - 694 words

0Unrated
Both fighters stared at each other through the energy swirling between them. Neither would give way so the other could win, and the push they were giving the energy was beginning to wear on their hands and arms. The energy lit up for a brief moment. Both of the combatants had a temporary feeling of anxiousness, but to Zodo's dismay the energy was coming from Heero's power.

Heero gritted his teeth as his bright yellow aura burned brightly.

"I don't know who you are or why you are so intent on fighting me, but your little anger charade has gone too far. This game ends now."

Heero's feet sank into the dirt as he let out a monstrous scream. Zodo braced himself as Heero's energy engulfed Zodo, but it was to no avail. Heero unleashed an enormous amount of his energy into the blast, sending Zodo soaring through the air.

Zodo yelled in pain as his burning body flew through the sky, the glare from the sun masking Heero's view of him. Heero shielded his eyes, and when he thought his assailant was finally gone, he fell backwards to the ground and took a deep breath. He pondered for a while as the sun's ray beat down on his exhausted body. Who was his assailant? Why did he wish to fight Heero? Where did these powers come from? Questions that had to have answer, yet he didn't currently know one. He slowly stood his feet and walked towards his home, hoping that perhaps a thorough search on the Google network might give him some answers.


. . . . .


Zodo slowly opened his eyes. As he began to gain focus, he remembered that he had just been on the receiving end of an energy blast. Oddly, he wasn't in any pain, but upon trying to move, he realized that his body was numb. Not being able to move, he sighed with contempt.

Zodo contemplated on his loss. His meeting with Heero (oblivious to the name) made him re-think his position on what to do with his abilities. While originally selfish intent was a good idea, now it seemed as if that option was too risky. With the risk of someone like Heero, or even Heero himself, possibly lurking around a corner to stop him, the payoff was not good enough to engage in a fight.

On the subject of his opponent, Zodo was still curious about where his abilities had come from. While it did come across him not to question such a blessing as this, such a strange occurrence could not help but reek of a suspicious origin.

"I'll get to the bottom of this."

Zodo tried to move his arms.

"...eventually."

"Ah," a voice echoed behind Zodo, "I see you've come to."

Zodo was taken by surprise and frantically looked around for the origin of the voice. A figure peered down over Zodo.

The man chuckled. "Wow, it looks like you got the ass whooping of a lifetime."

Zodo coldly stared at the stranger. "No, but wait until I can move to give you one."

"Hey, hey, take it easy now. I was only kidding. I saw the fight you had back there. Pretty impressive, really. That is, for a novice."

Zodo raised an eyebrow. "Happened to be watching, I'll take it. Guess I've got a fan. And what do you mean by novice? I don't see you being able to pull a page from Dragon Ball Z."

The man held up his finger and formed a small sphere of ki at his fingertip. "Ah, but you are a novice compared to how much I know about your abilities."

Zodo's eyes widened upon seeing the ball form on the stranger's finger. "Oh? And just how much would you know?"

The man sat down on the ground beside Zodo. "Quite a bit, actually. You see, we're something of a side effect to a much bigger experiment. An experiment to create...an ultimate lifeform. Let me start off by introducing myself. My name's Adeel. And you would be...?"

"Zodo."

"Ah, alright then. Zodo, nice to meet you. Now then, let's heal your wounds and I'll begin my tale."
Sign up to rate and review this story