Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > World Tour

Chapter 06 - Confession

by CCero 0 reviews

The tyrant who had slain a family encounters his new adversary. Meanwhile, the truth about the origin of his powers is about to be unveiled to Zodo.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-12-19 - Updated: 2005-12-20 - 610 words

0Unrated
It was night in the city. The moonlight reflected his shadow onto the rooftop he was standing on, blood dripping from his hands from his earlier activities. He peered over the edge, the building so tall he could not focus hard enough to see the street. All he could make out was the zooming lights from the cars running back and forth. He was drawn here by the energy he felt earlier. Two explosive forces that had suddenly been dispersed by a third. He had arrived too late, however, as he could no longer sense any kind of energy presence. He needed to find them. People like those could cause problems for him. Problems that would interfere with his plans.

"Entranced in deep thought, are you?" said a mellow, female voice from behind him.

He spun around to see a figure sitting on the edge on the other side of the building. He couldn't make out who or what it was, but he could tell that the shadowy figure was facing his direction.

"What's the matter, can't find their energy signal anymore?"

He narrowed his eyes after hearing that.

"You knew?" he asked. The now quite apparent female just snickered.

"Now I do," she said, "You're too easy to manipulate."

He growled and cleared his throat, "So I'll assume you can sense energy. That would mean you can also manipulate ki."

"Something like that," she replied, "I've been looking around for someone to, how should I put this, put my lips around."

He could tell the innuendo was meant to throw him off. He wasn't that stupid, but what was she really after? It didn't matter. He needed to kill her right now. She stood up and began to walk over towards him. She stopped about halfway when he had formed an energy ball in his hand.

"Unfortunately, others like myself would interfere with my plans. You'll have to be dealt with accordingly. I do hope you understand."

He threw the energy ball at the woman, and an explosion occurred. He felt confident that she had been incinerated and turned his back, only for an energy ball to fly past his head. He turned around slowly, as the woman was still standing as the smoke and dust cleared.

"Mmm," she growled, "you don't play very nice." He gritted his teeth and turned back around. The bloodlust in their eyes was apparent.


. . . . .


Adeel kneeled down over Zodo and placed his hands above Zodo's chest. He slowly began to release trace amounts of his life force (chi) into Zodo. Slowly but surely, Zodo's wounds began to heal as he was circled in a light violet energy, and he was able to mobilize again. Adeel moved his hands away as Zodo lifted himself off the ground and sat upright.

"Feeling better?" Adeel asked.

"Yeah," Zodo replied, "I'm feeling much better. That's quite an interesting technique you've got there."

Adeel chuckled at the remark. "Well, I've picked up a few things over the past couple of months...which kind of brings me to this next question: would you mind helping me in accomplishing my goal?"

Zodo raised an eyebrow. "Hmm? Sure, I guess I can pay you back for helping me just now. What's the deal?"

Adeel stood up, looking down at Zodo. "I need to rectify a problem that I helped cause. It involves how we were able to transcend certain boundaries of physics and why we possess the abilities that we do."

Zodo stood up. Adeel and Zodo faced one another.

"You see," Adeel continued, "I use to work for an institution known as KEY. I was one of their lead hunters..."
Sign up to rate and review this story