Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > World Tour

Chapter 08 - Invincible

by CCero 0 reviews

The two shadowy figures of the night face each other in a showdown to the death.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2005-12-19 - Updated: 2005-12-20 - 884 words

0Unrated
The once busy street was now abandoned. Empty cars were hastily left on the sidewalks and middle of the road. The two combatants stared down one another amidst the aftermath of the chaos they had caused. His left eye was red, covered with blood as it ran down his cheek. She had got in a clean shot, a mistake he would not make twice. She was relatively unscathed with just a few scratches. He couldn't understand why. Even when he did manage pull off a shot, she would be just fine. Everything he did was with a killing intent, for a normal person would not have gotten back up after one of his hits. But she...she was special. It was an ability he had not seen before. An ability he could not fathom. She was just playing with him. She knew he didn't know her weakness. Even she did not know her own weakness. She was invincible.

He leaped onto the nearest car and used it to propel himself directly at her. As he reached her, he extended his left arm in an attempt to strike, only for her to sidestep as his fist went through the side window of the car behind her. In an instant reflex, he gripped the door with his hand and hurled himself into her, using his body weight to smash her into the car. Her head jerked as a result of whiplash from the impact. She was disoriented from the blow, which he took full advantage of. He had already unleashed a massive beam of energy from his palm. The beam crashed into her with enough force to smash her through the car, ripping the vehicle in two. Her body tore through the concrete of the street as the beam of energy continued to push her. The beam gradually dissipated and she came to a halt, dust flowing through the air from the broken concrete. He had never had to use that much of his power before, and it took a decent amount of energy out of him. His look of exhaustion quickly changed to a look of astonishment. She had survived, and had stood back up from what she had endured.

"GODDAMNIT!" he shouted in anger. What was with this woman? Was she an immortal? No, that was impossible. His rage was taking it's toll on him, and he was not able to think clearly. She, on the other hand, was quite calm. This man would be perfect. His power was more than adequate, and with power like this it could be used well to her advantage. She stretched out her left arm to her side, extending her fingers and locking them in a blade-like position. A faint glow developed around her hand as she chuckled. She crouched down and quickly dashed forward. The path between them was clear. He had only a few viable options to counter this attack. If his hunch was right, her hand was now a razor sharp weapon. If she were to get in a clean shot now, he would surely be killed. At the very least, fatally wounded.

He maintained his stance and held up his right hand, fingers in a claw-like structure. Sparks ignited from his palm like fireworks, and his whole hand was soon enveloped in a bright glow of electricity. She was surprised by his reaction to her charge. Why wouldn't he try to move? Did he have some kind of death wish? It did not make a difference on her behalf, as it made things all the more easier. In less than ten seconds, they were within one foot of each other, their arms reared back for a stronger impact. She was the first to strike, her hand glided between his shoulder and neck, creating a deep cut as blood trailed the momentum of her hand. She didn't realize that she had fallen right into his plan.

His hand shot forward and tightly grasped her forehead. The sudden stop of her body caused it to swing upwards, her head unable to move from his grip. His hand was as hot as burning coals, and she could feel it leaving an imprint on her skin. A wicked smile had formed across his face.

"/Die/."

Her body was thrown forward from his grasp, following an explosive sound similar to a shotgun blast. The top half of her skull was completely blown off. Splashes of blood and chunks of her brain were sprawled across the street. She landed head first onto the pavement, the painful sound of her neck snapping as she continued to tumble. Her body came to a halt, and her head fell limp to the side, the lifeless expression on her face screaming at him. He began to snicker and suddenly bursts out into maniacal laughter. His laughter stopped as the blaring noise of sirens was heard in the distance. It seemed the time had come for him to make his escape. He shot up into the night sky, holding the wound on his shoulder.

"That stupid whore. Her blood is all over my jacket, I have a gash in my shoulder, and my goddamn eye is jacked up. Tch. Woman got what she deserved. Hopefully I won't have to deal with any more unnecessary interruptions."
Sign up to rate and review this story