Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > World Tour

Chapter 09 - Partners

by CCero 0 reviews

The head of the KEY institution makes his first appearance. What tricks does he have in store?

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-12-19 - Updated: 2005-12-20 - 475 words

0Unrated
"Any sign of the body?"

"Not yet, sir. We're still searching."

The site of their battle was now designated a crime scene. The surrounding area had been taped off, and a forensics team was already investigating. The investigation team, however, was stumped. While there was blood and tissue at the scene, there was no sign of a body, or any kind of clue that a body had been carried or dragged away. The woman, who had lost the fight not even ten minutes beforehand, was already missing.

She was stumbling through an alleyway a few blocks away. Her skull was just an empty, broken shell with no brain to occupy the open space. She was running on reflexes. She slumped down against a wall as the tissue in her head began to regenerate. Her memories began to slowly come back to her as the brain reformed itself. She remembered what happened; her botched attempt to kill the man and drain his life. She stood up as the last strands of her hair regenerated, when a voice from behind her spoke.

"My, my. Your powers certainly are formidable. I'm very impressed that you managed to survive against that boy."

Her ocular nerves had not yet developed fully, and she could not see who spoke to her.

"However," he continued, "if this is what is expected to happen when you try and face someone, I believe you'll need some additional guidance. And thus, the reason I stand before you."

As her eyes began to focus, she could clearly see the man's ivory white suit underneath the street lights. On each side of him was a rather large man, dressed in black suits in contrast with his white.

"Allow me to introduce myself, young miss. I am Sebastian Graev, and I am the headmaster of the KEY institution. To make a long story short, I'm building a legion of persons to become the head of a global society to usher in a new age for mankind. Someone of your superior skill would be just perfect for the job."

"Oh really?" she replied. "What's the catch to this?"

Sebastian cleared his throat. "Well, there is no catch, per se, but we do have to eliminate those with enough power to cause this little plan some difficulties. The man you just fought would be one of those little difficulties which will have to be dealt with."

The young girl immediately smiled and agreed to help Sebastian and KEY. Sebastian had manipulated this young girl with the goal of vengeance all too easily. His plan was going easier than he anticipated, and was quite pleased with the results thus far.

"I'm glad you seem so enthusiastic about our endeavor, Miss...mmm..."

"Sephie."

"Miss Sephie! Lovely name. Very well, follow me. I assure you that our business negotiations will go through smoothly."
Sign up to rate and review this story