Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Never Too Late

Not Too Late

by ernie_the_leprechaun 3 reviews

A story doesn't end with death, at least, this one doesn't. (Companion Story to Everybody Fooled, I suggest reading that first, but it can be read alone. Song-fic. Character Death, obviously. Impl...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Published: 2007-07-05 - Updated: 2007-07-05 - 964 words - Complete

0Unrated
Okay: before I start writing the sequel to 'Busted!', I decided to put this one up. It'll be short, only 3 chapters. It's a companion story to 'Everybody Fooled,' so if you didn't like that one you may not like this one. If you haven't read that one, you may want to before you read this one. Now to the story, this is Archie's chapter, and the song is 'Not Too Late' by Three Days Grace.
ernie_the_leprechaun

----------------------------------------------------------------
Why did it have to end like that? Why did I have to end up like this? We were so close to our happily ever after, only for it to be taken away. Yet now, we might still get it, but I don't know if I want it or not.

This world will never be
What I expected
And if I don't belong
Who would have guessed it
I will not leave alone
Everything that I own
To make you feel like it's not too late
It's never too late


I told her I loved her. She rejected me. That slimeball used her, and I was there to help her through it. We became friends, we became best friends. But then it was over, because I left her alone. It was too late.

Even if I say
It'll be alright
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late


I had a reason for leaving her alone, a good reason. I stopped her from being killed, only for my own life to end. I didn't think about how she would feel after I had done it: her guilt, her sorrow, her pain. All I thought about was losing her, how life would be without her in it. My Drama Queen, my love. I needed her, but by saving her, I lost her. It was too late.

No one will ever see
This side reflected
And if there's something wrong
Who would have guessed it
And I have left alone
Everything that I own
To make you feel like
It's not too late
It's never too late


But maybe not, maybe it is not too late. A great poet once said: "True love can conquer all." Could it conquer death? Theresa seemed to think so, but the question still remained: Do I want her to do it? I gave my life so she could live hers, so she could go on, do things, be somebody. She was already everything to me, and more. Was it too late?

Even if I say
It'll be alright
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late


I had her memoirs: she had left them in my coffin as they buried me, so I could read them in the afterlife, as I waited for her. I've read her note so often, cried over it so often, that I know it off by heart:

I leave these to you. Hold them until I meet you in Elysian Fields. That time may be closer than you think. I know what you're thinking, Archie, and no. Life is not worth living without you by my side, no matter how hard I try I cannot forget. I don't mean forget you, but how I feel about you. Archie, that time on the roof, two months ago, you said you loved me. I thought I said I didn't love you back, because you were being insincere. I realise now, it was because I didn't love you then. I love you now, Archie, and will love you forever. Please forgive me, and wait for me. I promise I won't keep you waiting long. Ever your... Drama Queen.

The world we knew
Won't come back
The time we've lost
Can't get back
The life we had
Won't be ours again


So she couldn't move on with her life, because she loved me. These words made my heart leap, I had waited to hear them for so long, and now, here they were, in her beautiful handwriting. But did I want to here them now? Of course I did, I love her with as much amore. It was the promise that came with the words I didn't want, or did I? Was it too late?

This world will never be
What I expected
And if I don't belong


This was how it had to be, the only way we could be together. It was her or me: I chose for her to live. But she couldn't go on living without me. It was life without me, or death with me: she seemed to choose the latter. We could finally be in love, together forever in the eternal Elysian fields. So what do I do, what do I think? I want her with me, I want her forever, but is it worth everything she'd be giving up? Was it worth it for me to give it all up? Yes, in a instant, but could we get it back? Or was it too late?

Even if I say
It'll be alright
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late (It's never too late)


"It's not too late."

"It's never too late." I guess not, because she was here. My Drama Queen had joined me in Elysian Fields.
Sign up to rate and review this story