Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Protecting Me

Psychic

by Draykor 3 reviews

Okay, so far...Atlanta's been having strange dreams, aaaand Jay and Archie still haven't worked it out yet. And Atlanta still hasn't figured out what the dreams meant, or if they do mean something....

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-13 - 2376 words

1Insightful
Okay, chapter 7 is up just like I said. And I do not own the "Yes" and "No" confusing humor lines. They belong to the show Hannah Montana. I just thought it'd go good with this chapter. Don't know why, but I just do.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

xxx...I Know I Need To Get Some Answers...xxx

"It was just a dream. It was just a dream. It was just a dream." Atlanta said to herself over and over again. 'But...what about the second dream? Me and Archie were older and we were....holding hands? What the heck could that mean? Would we be dating a few years from now? Ugh! This is so frusterating!' She thought to herslef, her face pushed against her pillow of her bed. She felt like screaming, with all these dreams giving her confusion and mystery.

"What was just a dream?" Someone asked in front of Atlanta.

Atlanta gasped and shot her head up to look at the person who spoke to her. It was just Jay. "My dream was just a dream."

"Aren't dreams always just dreams?"

"Ya but this dream wasn't an ordinary dream. The dream was like, a future dream of me and Archie. And the dream was another one of those all too real dreams and I keep saying it was just a dream but I have a feeling it wasn't just a dream but it was just a dream!"

Hearing Archie's name made Jay twitch. "What?"

"Nevermind."

"If those dreams really were just dreams, are you telling me you wouldn't say yes?"

"Yes."

Jay paused. "Yes you'd say no or yes you'd say yes?"

"No. Yes I'd say no."

Jay buried his eyebrows and narrowed his eyes, looking up at the ceiling and mouthing, 'What?'.

Just then, Archie came running to them. "Hey, Atlanta? Those dreams you had, were they ordinary dreams?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Oh so they were ordinary dreams."

"I mean no!"

"No?"

"Yes I mean no."

"Huh?" Jay and Archie said at once.

"I meant no."

"Ooooh." The two said.

Just then, the cell's doors opened, it was time for them to work at the field. Atlanta jumped off her bed, Archie and Jay walking out too. Atlanta ran to them and looped her arms through theirs.

"No?" Jay and Archie said.

"Yes."

"Yes!"

"No! Now stop that."

xxx....xxx...xxx...xxx...xxx...xxx

"I'm not so sure about this guys." Atlanta said, trying to escape Jay and Archie's grasps from their hands.

"Well we are. Look, if you wanna know if they mean something you've gotta find out." Jay said.

"And the only way to find out is if you go see this woman. We've heard rumors that she can see into the future and the past." Archie finished.

"Ya. And she has incredible knowledge and she's very wise and she give the best advice. It's like she knows everything."

"I don't know. I mean, if I do go see her, she could try to suck my soul out or....try to ruin my life....oh wait....that's Regina's job. But I still don't think this is a good idea." Atlanta said, desperately trying to struggle her hands out of Jay and Archie's.

"Well we do. If you really think your dreams mean something, the only way to find out is if you ask this woman. I'm sure she won't suck out your soul or ruin your life." Archie assured her. "Come on! Do it because we're your best friends."

"No." Atlanta said, escaping from their grasps and walking away.

Jay and Archie quickly walked over to her and grabbed her wrists again. "Because it's the only thing we can do?"

"Oooooh." She said as she started to softly laugh, looking past Archie and Jay's shoulder to see the tent. Her expression came back to her serious one. "No."

"Come on Atlanta! It won't be so bad." Jay said, pulling forward. "She's a pro at this kind of stuff. If she can't help you, then no one can."

"Really?" Atlanta said.

"Yep."

"No." Atlanta said, pulling back.

"No?" Archie asked.

"Yes I mean no."

Jay and Archie had weird looks on their faces.

Atlanta sighed. "I meant no."

"So that's a no." Archie said.

"Yes."

"Yes!"

"No! Now stop that!"

"We promise it won't be that bad. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! If you don't see her now you will never get the chance when you want to know."

Atlanta couldn't take it anymore! She growled and said, "FINE!!! Fine."

"Ha! We knew we'd break you down!" Archie said.

"Shut up. Let's just get this over with."

"Finally." Jay sighed.

Atlanta let Archie and Jay lead, or drag her to a big, purple, fancy tent outside. There were two torches stalked to the ground beside the tent's opening. "This is it?" Atlanta asked, unimpressed.

"Ya. Expecting something else?" Jay asked.

"Well....ya!"

"This is where she is, believe it or not." Archie said, giving her an assuring pat on the back as Atlanta took a couple steps forward.

"You guys are absolutely sure that this is the place?" Atlanta asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes!" The two boys said.

Atlanta sighed and walked towards the tent. "Well. I guess I'll see you two later." She said as she entered the opening.

Archie and Jay stood there and eyed each other. "Think she'll suck out her soul?" Jay asked.

"Probably." Archie said as he and Jay walked back to the building.

xxx....xxx...xxx...xxx...xxx...xxx

"Whoa." Atlanta said as she entered the dark tent. It was beautiful! It had beautiful pottery and it had a round table in the middle with beautiful designs on the leg that was in the middle. The table had a crystal ball in the middle of it, and inside the ball, was this mist like steam floating around the middle (a/n: I think I've said middle enough). At the ceiling of the tent it had streamer like material coming from the center of the tent and running down to the top edges.

Atlanta heard someone murmuring something she couldn't understand. She moved her head so she could try to see her face, but it was covered with a dark lavender cloak, covering her face with shadows. "Um, excuse me." Atlanta said, hearing the murmuring stop. "My friends told me that you might help me with a little...problem I'm having. See, I'm having these weird dreams and I was wondering if..." She said.

"They meant something." The woman said. Atlanta heard her say the exact thing as she did but she trailed off before she could finish it herelf.

"Y-Ya. But how did you-"

"How did I know? My dear child, I know everything. Your friends said I give the best advice and that I can see into the future and the past. But they didn't say that I can tell prophecies."

Atlanta blinked in amazement. Now that! Amazed her. "Wow you are good." She said.

"Please. Take a seat." The woman said.

Atlanta looked unsure but she pulled out a cushion lavender colored stool from under the round table.

The woman turned around and she saw her face. She looked old, but she wasn't old-old. She did have wrinkles and she had grey skin with white hair. She had a scar that went from above her right eye (a/n: pov's right), over her nose, and to her left cheek.

"Now." She said, taking another stool from under the table and sitting on it. "Your first dream that you had reminded you how your parents died and how you got here. Am I not mistaken?"

"Y-Yes. That's-That's right!" Atlanta was surprised, amazed and shocked. She really did know everything.

"And your second dream that you had a couple days ago showed you and your friend holding hands, but you were running. You heard police sirens, so you figured you were trying to escape. You tripped and sprained your ankle, your friend picked you up and started running. And by the look on your friend's face, he somehow recognized the forest you two ran into."

"You really do know everything."

The woman smiled. "Give me your hands." She said.

Atlanta gave her a questioning look but gave her your hands. The woman held her hands with the crystal ball between them.

"Close your eyes, relax, and concentrate on your dreams and thoughts. Look beyond what you think." She said.

Atlanta didn't say anything, afraid she might break her concentration. 'My dreams and my thoughts? Look beyond what I think? What the heck is that suppose to mean?' She thought.

"Please, don't question me, child." She said, showing her Jamacain accent.

Atlanta closed her eyes and concentrated. The second dream started to play again in her mind. She could feel...some sort of energy spreading throughout her body. She didn't know what it was, she could feel the mist of the crystal ball forming into blue fog. It's like, the dream was continuing in her mind. Something was happening in her dream.....

He didn't know how, but he just knew this forest looked famliar. "I've got a bad feeling about this forest." She heard Archie say.

"Just, keeping running." She said, wincing at her throbbing ankle. "My ankle is killing me."

Archie did what he was told. He ran faster than he had ever run before, keeping his strong grip on Atlanta. Archie stopped for a short rest, thinking that they were far enough. He looked behind, all he could see was trees and darkness. "I think they're gone." Archie panted. He looked down to Atlanta and saw that her eyes were squeazed shut and she was whimpering, she was holding her large stomach with her hands. Archie paniced. Archie looked around and saw lights flickering. He held Atlanta with all his might and poured most of his energy into his legs, hoping that the lights were town lights. He ran and ran, the light getting brighter and brighter. He smiled, feeling hope running through his body.

"Hang in there Atlanta." He said as he finally reached the lights. Thank God!! They were street lights! He looked around for a hospital, he paniced even more as he heard Atlanta screaming in pain. "Hello?!!!" He yelled, hoping someone would hear him. "Is anybody here?!! We need help!!"

"What's wrong?" A woman said, opening his door and walking out of his home.

Archie panted and said, "My girlfriend. She's in labor."

"Oh, dear! I'll go call the hospital." She said, running into her house.

'Thank you!!' He prayed. "Don't worry Lan. It'll all be over soon." He said to her, kissing her forehead.

He turned his head at the woman. "An ambulence is on their way!" She shouted.

"Thank you!!!" He said, smiling. They were going to be a family and they weren't even married....

Atlanta gasped and shot her head up, opening her eyes quickly. "Th-That can't be right!! That can't be what happens later in the dream!! What is that?!" She yelled.

"Calm down. It was a vision." The woman said.

"A vision. As in a futuristic vision?" She asked. "Does that mean I'm-"

"Psychic." The woman finished for her.

"I'm...I'm psychic?" Atlanta asked. Boy, this was a shocker.

"Mm-hm." She said, nodding. "And do not ask me for training on how to control your psychic powers. I only give prophecies, give advice and help people with their special problems. If you want help with your ability, go ask dear Persephone."

Atlanta rose an eyebrow "Persephone? Who's Persephone?"

The woman smiled. "A dear friend of mine. She was a student of mine at my school, and she took the psychic coarse. She will help you."

"Okay. Where is she?" Atlanta asked.

"You don't need me to tell you. Just follow your visions. They'll show you." She said.

"But, lady it's not like I can have a vision whenever I want." She said.

"Please. Call me Nelmidai (Nel-mi-die a/n: Remember her?). And you have the power of controlling your visions. Now go. Your friends must be wondering what is taking you so long."

"Oh. Oookay. Thanks alot." She said, walking towards the enterence.

"Anytime, child." She said, smiling.

xxx....xxx...xxx...xxx...xxx...xxx

"So how was it?"

"Did she suck out your soul?"

"Did she give you advice?"

"Did she curse you?"

"What did she say?"

"Did she ruin your life?"

"Is she as old as people say she is?"

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Atlanta said, waving her hands in front of her. "First of all, it went better than I expected. No she ddin't suck out my soul. Yes she did give me...'advice'. No she didn't curse me. She said my dreams were visions. No she didn't ruin my life. And....I don't know!"

"Wait. Visions?" Jay said.

"Yep. She says I'm psychic."

Jay and Archie had scared looks on their faces. Archie cleared his throat and said, "C-Can you read minds?"

"I don't know. Probably not. Yet." She smiled. "But she did say my dreams were visions. I told her that I can't have a vision whenever I want, but she said I had the power to control my visions. So I guess I can have a vision whenever I want." She explained.

Archie and Jay sighed of relief, thankful that she couldn't read minds. Because she wouldn't want to know what they were thinking almost all of the time. They wouldn't know what they would do if she found out that they both had crushes on her if she could read their minds.

Jay blinked and said, "But seriously, psychic?"

xxx...About Where I Stand With Him...xxx

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

R&R&R!! I should be getting the next chapter up in a few days. Cause right now I'm a little out of ideas. I don't know what should follow after this chapter. But, don't worry. I'll think of something.

But in the mean time, make sure you go to my FF.net profile and look at the new story I'm going to put up. I might do the first chapter of that story while I'm thinking of ideas for this one. Love you guys!

Draykor
Sign up to rate and review this story