Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > No One Loves A Shadow

Chapter 7

by Deli_Senpai 0 reviews

Mira explains how the Ancestor got the way he did. the memory finishes and leaves Miya with alot to think about.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Amy Rose,Knuckles,Miles ,Shadow,Sonic - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2007-08-14 - Updated: 2007-08-14 - 1170 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7
The flashback went out of our mind and went to where Chris and Sarah were. They were analyzing the Ancestor and his wounds.

"What's the Ancestor's status?" Chris asked Sarah.

"He's in no danger from his wounds but--" Inside the room on the other side of the glass, Rath and the Ancestor were fighting for dominance.

"Stop! Don't torment Miya!" Rath screamed.
----
The flashback quickly went back into our mind and Mira was talking.

'I never imagined what suffering my gift would cause!' A shadow walked in the door of her hut. Mira was playing with her 3 year old girl and second baby.
----
The flashback went to Rath again. Chris was surprised by the sudden change between the Ancestor and Rath.

"Rath?" Chris asked. Back on the other side with Rath the ancestor screamed for release.

"Shut up you brat!"
----
The flashback went to me as I asked Mira.

'Your gift did what? And how?'
----
Once again it switched to Rath and the Ancestor fighting each other. Rath screamed at the Ancestor.

"No I won't let you push me down anymore!" Back in the room with Chris and Sarah. Sarah tired explaining what was going on.

"The personas of Rath and the Ancestor are at war!"
----
It switched again to our mind. Aogiro walked in and without looking Mira turned around to see who it was.

"Aogiro? Where have you--"
----
It switched back to Rath and the Ancestor. Rath tired to talk to him. But the Ancestor finally took over the body.

"You can't stop me!! I'm here for one reason, to claim my woman, Mira!"
----
The flashback switched for the last time into our mind. Mira turned around to see if Aogiro was at the door and she screamed.

"Aogiro!"

"I found those men!" Aogiro was covered in blood from the men he killed.

"What?"

"The men who attacked us, tried to attack you! It's all over now. They'll never attack anyone again." Mira was taken aback by his actions. How could that have happened? "This is an amazing gift Mira! It's as if a god has entered me! I'm strong now and I'll get stronger! I'll keep you safe!"

'I saw my error then but it was too late. My gift meant to protect had poisoned him! He attacked other tribes flaunting his power and gaining followers who reveled in aggression. I tried to talk to him but he wouldn't listen.' The scene showed Mira at Aogiro's feet. Aogiro was drinking sake served by a slave and another slave was pampering him.

"Please Aogiro! You must stop! All this violence and bloodshed, you're not that kind of man!"

"I'm a man doing my duty! To take care of you, keep you safe by 'my' strength!"
-----------
'It was a strength that had eaten his soul!'

"From now on you will stay indoors! You will be seen by no other man!"

'He had become obsessed with me. Perhaps fearing that if he lost me he'd lose his power! While I was in another hut giving birth to our third child I noticed something was missing.' Mira ran to Aogiro frantically looking for something.

"Aogiro! I cannot find the ring! Did you put it some place? Please tell me!"

"I'll tell you this, you will not leave me!" Aogiro grabbed Mira by the wrist and held her there as he watched her struggle to get free from his grasp.

"But the ring is mine! Give it back or I'll--" Mira's eyes glowed red and she was about to use her powers. But Aogiro shook her wrist and caused her to turn to normal.

"Stop! You're mine and mine alone! Now and forever!" Aogiro forced himself onto Mira and she laid there helpless. She came to talk to me as we watched the vicious animal Aogiro had become.

'There was a man who once loved me, but he vanished. I wonder if he really loved me or simply saw that possessing me was the way to power, like everyone else.'

The scene had shown Mira running through the woods with her 8 year old, 4 year old daughters and her baby boy. They were running away from him.

Mira's 8 year old, was the first born, didn't want her mother to die by the hands of their father, so they decided to run and find the ring on their own before Mira died from deprivation of one of the ring's powers.

"Please hurry mother before father--" Samantha, the first born, screamed as she saw her father appear in front of them.

"What's this? Leaving Mira? After all I've done for you?"

"Father please listen! Mother's growing so weak! She must have her ring back or she'll--" Aogiro smacked Samantha aside and she went flying into a tree. Jessica, Mira's 4 year old, screamed, running towards her sister along with Mira.

"Sister!" Mira and Jessica checked for Samantha's pulse and it wasn't there.

"She's dead? So be it! No one, not even my own child will take you from me. you're mine Mira!" Mira lifted her head and her face was filled with anger! She hit Aogiro with a spell and I screamed at the scene that wasn't really there!

'No!' Mira was crying as she watched Aogiro fall covered with cuts. 'Rath's wounds, that's how they happened!'

Aogiro fell backwards and he reached out his hand to Mira as he tried to get to her. "Mir...a..." Mira spoke to herself in the scene as Aogiro died on the floor.

'Somehow I held to a belief, a hope that the man who loved me would return. But, seized by grief I struck out! But I didn't intend this!' Mira fell to her knees and held onto Samantha, crying for the both of them. Them Mira turned to me in our mind as the Mira in the scene had searched for the ring Aogiro took from her.

'Gaze on the fool I was, a fool who had forgotten that men are beast, only good for their seed! To seek intimacy with one was sheer folly.'

'Don't! You know you're lying! You cared for him. All you wanted was for him to return that love. We Chimera's and those remaining humans in this world may not be celestial like you, but we're not beast either!' Mira took in what I said. She talked to herself again forgetting I could hear her.

'In my time with him I developed a human heart. Without that I would never have learned of love, hope, and suffering. I wanted to love him. All I sought was his love in return. I traveled widely and met many men. Giving them knowledge and power in exchange for their seed. I did my duty, but duty could not have been the sole purpose of my existence, could it? There had to be something else, something that mattered to me, at least just one thing....'
Sign up to rate and review this story