Categories > Celebrities > Cinderella > Long, Cold Winter

Chapter 7

by robinzan 1 review

Someone finds true love. WIP Romance/Comedy, No Warnings Needed....yet

Category: Cinderella - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Horror, Humor, Romance - Published: 2005-12-27 - Updated: 2005-12-28 - 662 words

0Unrated
A/N: Ok. I know this one is short, but I'm having writer's block right now and my muse isn't cooperating with me at the moment.

***

The show that night was great!! The Buffalo crowd rocked!! Yet, we were all back at our hotel, settling down for the night. After a show, I don't want anyone messing with me. I was intent on getting some sleep. We had to be up early in the morning, to head off to Albany. I was tossing and turning in bed. I just couldn't get to sleep. I glanced over to Eric, who was snoring. My hand flew to my head and I groaned to myself. One of these days, I'm going to punch him in the nose. Maybe that will stop his snoring. I turned over, so now I was facing the window. Of course, Eric's snoring got louder. I pulled one of my pillows over my head. I swear, it didn't drown him out at all. I groaned again, sat up and threw one my pillows at him.

"Eric!!"

The pillow hit him and he sat up, like a bolt of lightening. "Huh? What?"

"You're snoring again!"

"Oh. Sorry." He replied.

"Are you going to get that looked at?"

Eric shakes his head.

"Why not?" I asked.

"It's not that bad."

"Yes, it is," I replied, laying back down.

That's when he threw my pillow back at me, laughing. I just grabbed it, tucked it under my head and went to sleep.

****

"What the hell is the driver doing?!" I shouted out.

We were on our bus, after finishing the last show in Albany, NY and our driver was driving at, I swear, at least 100 miles an hour. He took the turns like you wouldn't believe. I was hanging onto the leg of the table. Yes, underneath. I had fallen off the couch at the last turn. I looked to Eric who was hanging onto the couch and then to Jeff and Fred who were hanging onto each other. I did a double take with them. I'll never figure them out.

"Fuck this! I've had enough!" I said, letting go of the table and standing up, albeit shakily, considering. I somehow managed to make my way to the front of the bus, with some falls here and there. After that last fall, I decided to crawl to the front. That's when I saw the bus driver, slumped over the steering wheel. 'Uh oh,' I thought. I reached over and shook him, to no avail. I checked for a pulse. He had none. He was dead. "Oh shit." I glanced back to the guys, who were still hanging on and called for Eric.

"What?" he asked, after making his way to the front.

"He's dead."

"What? Are you serious?"

I nodded. "Help me move him, so I can slow this tin can down."

Eric grabbed one arm of the driver and I grabbed the other. Then, the both of us pulled him off of his seat and onto the floor. I quickly jumped into the seat and slammed on the breaks. We came to a screeching halt. My mouth dropped open as I took a deep sigh of relief and dropped my head on the steering wheel.

"I wonder what happened to him?" Eric asked.

"Who knows, but we should contact the cops or something," I replied.

Eric nodded and reached over for the cb radio.

***

We were standing outside of the bus, watching the local medical examiner remove our bus driver from the bus. No one dared speak. I think we were all in shock. Thankfully, the bus with our instruments was following us and stopped when we did. After answering questions from the police and having our tour manager drive our bus, was, at the least, a relief, we finally made it back home. I sat down at my kitchen table, dropped my head on the table and went to sleep right there.
Sign up to rate and review this story