Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You play with Fire, It's gunna burn You

Part 14

by x_Charlie_x 0 reviews

Part 14. there's a reference to self harm. just to prewarn you

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-04 - Updated: 2007-09-04 - 1490 words - Complete

0Unrated
Part 14
Amy’s POV- ‘She hides the scars she’s making underneath her pretty clothes’
I’m not quite sure what had gotten into me on Thursday. I wasn’t usually the kind of person to be as direct as that. Especially not with a boy I was only just getting to know again. Who I was already getting feelings for which I didn’t really want to be feeling right now.
So now I’m getting dressed and getting ready to go shopping with him. If we hadn’t skipped school and gone to the cinema we’d have done that but we were both low on cash now so we decided on looking at the sops down town and then having a coffee.
I pull on a red t-shirt and put my phone into my jeans pocket. I grab my bag which already has my money and keys in it and head downstairs to wait for Frank to arrive.
He doesn’t keep me waiting long. I’d literally just finished pouring myself some orange juice and was drinking it when he turned up. Bob answers the door and directs him to the kitchen where I was. It wasn’t weird at all having a friend who was also friends with my brother. In fact it was easier because Frank already trusted him and wasn’t liable to accuse him of anything and completely embarrass me in the process.
“Hey you alright?” he asks me.
“Yeah I’m good.” I smile at him. A smile which falters as I realise I’d forgotten to put my wrist band on today and he could see two very distinct scars running over my wrist. The only scars that are left.
“I- Um…” I start. Trying to think of something to say. Subconsciously slipping my arm behind my back to hide my wrist from view.
“You don’t have to be ashamed.” He says which takes me by surprise. “You were looking for your blade the other night right?” I nod uncertainly. Wondering where this was going and what it meant. “You used a blade to escape, I used sex.”
“I haven’t completely stopped.” I blurt out, wishing feverently that I could take the words back because I had stopped, I was just liable to screw up sometimes when things got particularly hard.
“But you’re trying.” He says, it was either a statement or a rhetorical question. I wasn’t entirely sure but either way it didn’t require an answer. Instead I walk a few short steps over to him and hug him close.
“We hug way too often and for way too long for just friends.” I say then wish I hadn’t because of the implications. “Let’s go.” I say, stepping away from him and getting my bag off the side.
“Amy?” he asks as we head out the door.
“Yeah?”
“Aren’t you going to say sorry for hugging me too much?” he smiles then runs a short way ahead so that I cant it him. Damn that boy.

Frank’s POV- ‘Once so hard to speak, now so easy to play around.’
By the time we reach town I’m drunk on the smiles Amy keeps feeding me. The morning had started off kind of weird but we were fine again now. I keep thinking of what she said about us hugging too much for ‘just friends’ and wondering if she knew what that statement had done to my stomach. The word summersaults springs to mind. I could see what she meant though, we were far more physically affectionate with each other than we were with our other friends. Me and the guys hugged occasionally and Amy hugged her mates goodbye sometimes and that sort of thing but neither of us would usually go up to someone and randomly hug them like we did with each other. And I kissed her forehead the other night… maybe she didn’t notice. I hope not. I really liked her but I wanted to really get to know her beforehand. I suppose it was so I could prove to myself that I wanted to go out with her because she’s an amazing person rather than over a dumb bet.
We walk down the market first that runs right down the middle of the high street every Saturday. She seemed perfectly relaxed in the noise and the crowd. It was easy to loose yourself amongst all these people and all the noise I suppose. We put together to buy a bag of 10 dinky doughnuts and carry on walking a bit further up to where the local busker was stood playing Oasis, as usual.
We sit on the wall of the raised flower beds that come up to my waist when I was stood on the floor. We talking and listened to the busker then made our way up to the end of the market.
“Shops now?” She asks me with an excited gleam in her eye. Bib had made sure to pre-warn me that she was a shoe addict and could spend hours looking around New Look. Funnily enough we were outside New Look right now so she drags me in and browses round the logo t-shirts and pulls disgusted faces at the Lilly Allen stuff. After a while of that she drags me upstairs and orders me to help her find prom shoes. I had honestly never seen so many f*cking shoes. Amy is going up and down the shelves of shoes picking them up then putting them down again.
“There’s too many to choose from.” She moans at me and sits next to me of one of the padded squares meant to be used by people trying shoes on. “Am I boring you?” She asks, looking worried.
“No!” I say with a bit too much conviction. “I’m just not very good with shoes.” I admit.
“Yeah. I guessed. Shall we go somewhere else?”
“You haven’t got your shoes.” I point out.
“I’ll save you the experience of my trying on every shoe here and come back another day.”
“You sure?” Although I’m extremely happy she’s freed me.
“Yeah! Let’s go to reflex.” She suggests/ commands. I smile at the thought of familiar territory but we don’t get far before she decides to buy a 3 pack of sponge bob hot pants. I can’t help imagining her in them as she pays for them, I am male after all.
Once she’s done we walk a short way down the high street. Squeezing between the front of the shops and the backs of the market stalls.
As I follow her I wonder again why boys always saw her as an easy target. And why girls seemed to think it was Ok for a guy to cheat on her but if a guy cheated on anyone else no girl would go near them for months. It was one of the many mysteries of senior school. As we walk into the ‘only independent music shop on the high street’ AKA Reflex, I put the thoughts out of my mind and concentrate on helping Amy find a Blue October CD.
She finds it and I look through the circular rack of hoodies whilst she pays.
“Where to now?” I ask her after deciding not to buy a cheap hoody with the remainder of my money as I would be skint for another two weeks.
“Costa?”
“Sounds good.” I smile at her and we make our way to Costa behind all the market stalls again. We get a window seat and I watch her watching people walk past while I drink my coffee.
“Do you come here when you skip school?” She asks randomly.
“Nah I normally go to Gerard’s work and he uses the café right at the end of town.”
“Oh right. I always wondered where you went.”
“I never knew you took such an interest in me.” I joke which makes her blush slightly. She takes a drink of coffee before replying. “I never stopped taking an interest.” I knew exactly what she meant. Even though we’d grown apart that summer I went away we were still right there on the outskirts of each others lives and minds. We may not have gone through everything together but we still watched each others lives.
“I can’t believe how long it took us to be mates again.” I say out loud.
“I know!” she enthusiastically agrees. “I’m glad we are now though. Even if I do have to listen to you and my brother talk about naked animations.” She smirks at me.
“You wait until I have dirt on you!” I warn her although I would never really use anything against her.
“You wouldn’t dare Frank Iero. You would dare.” She was so right.
Sign up to rate and review this story