Categories > Games > Maple Story > MapleStory

Level up!

by kenneth 0 reviews

urh... trying to continue the story.. >.> reviews are welcome...

Category: Maple Story - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-09-05 - Updated: 2007-09-05 - 1687 words

0Unrated
The grasses rippled with the wind, gently teasing the feet of the crowd of Beginners. Meena stood on the raised ground, giving the crowd a large sweeping glace. Inuka shivered with excitement, I’m finally going to start training!! He thought, wanting nothing more than to proceed immediately.
-------------
‘Good morning to all of you.’ Spoke Meena, voice resonating with confidence. ‘It is my guess that all of you have a dream of getting a job.’
Wow! She must be good, speaking with so much confidence! Thought Mauve, I better pay attention…
Small whispers of excited voices drifted about.
‘As a beginner, you may not have a job yet. But with much training you will soon meet the requirement for your 1st job advancement.’
The whispers got more audible now.
‘I shall now brief all of you on the four different jobs.
Firstly starting with the Warriors.’ Meena paused, eyeing the Beginners beadily.
Firon held his breath, almost bursting with anticipation.
‘The Warriors are the bravest and most aggressive class.’ Began Meena. ‘They have the strongest amount of stamina, the biggest amount of muscle power. No other class, other than the bandit, could match the prowess of the Warriors melee skills. Even so, the bandit would be hard pressed to hold their ground in a melee battle with a Warrior. Warriors adorns heavy, strong armors, their weapons consists of, the mighty spear, the vicious sword, heavy maces, sharp axes, cousin of the spear - pole arms, and some exceptions, a little bit of magic.’
Firon shuddered at how powerful he could become.
‘The Magicians,’ continued Meena, ‘are very forceful, aided by their mighty arcane spells, they could raze an entire clump of enemies. Or at least, dispatch them.’ Added Meena. ‘Elemental attacks plays a great majority in the Magician’s offensive. These Magicians are classified as the intelligent Wizards. On the other hand, those magic users which are more subtle and helpful, who prefers to be less on the offensive side, can choose the Cleric. The Cleric is essential in any well-balanced party, reinforced with their supportive skills and guarded by their magical barriers, enemies will have headaches on how to inflict big, considerable damage on the party members, considering how Clerics have the one and only spell harnessed by Magicians of that class, Heal. Magicians wield staffs and wands.’
Inuka stared, he never thought that arcane forces were so influential. He was beginning to like it already. In contrast to Mauve.
‘The Rouges,’ ignoring the noise in the crowd, ‘Is the individual class that is agile, swift and deals pain. Luck with minor amount of dexterity, and power are highlights of these amazing class. Their main weapons are claws and daggers. They are equipped with skills such as stealing, hiding and moving fluently to aid themselves in battle. Should one inferior encounter a rouge, he would be killed before he realizes what is going on.’
Mauve gaped in awe. Right on this moment, Inuka and Mauve switched their jobs in mind with each other.
‘Finally, the bowman’ raising her voice above the din, ‘ They embrace dexterity for powerful attacks. Superior in long-range attacks, they would snipe down an opponent from far, not even giving him a chance to swipe at the bowman. Their weapon consists mainly of the bow and crossbow. Occasionally a light sword.'
Regina smirked. She was determined to get this status.
'Now to brief all of you in getting started. To train, you need a weapon, for those who do not have a weapon yet, come over here and take one. I will be over-seeing it so don't even think about taking more than one.' Meena said, gesturing to the pile of wooden clubs and make-shift swords.
'To train, is simple. You just have to use your weapon and whack a monster until it dies. Then its soul, that is to say, experience, will be absorbed into your body, one your body hasd exceeded the maximum capacity for souls, you "level" up, that is when you feel rejuvenated and you feel that you have the stamina to improve furthur or learn new abilities.' Meena paused, knowing that this is going to take awhile to sink into thier minds.
'Now, the reason why Jobs are even created is to rid the world of monsters. Though i wish that day would be never coming. Also, people with Jobs should help others, other than harnessing thier powers. When you have someone, it is a quest. When you have completed it, the person normally give you a reward. If he doesn't, then don't be too grumpy, think of it as getting good karma.'ended Meena, lamely.
'Now you can walk to your left, and meet Rogers for your next assignment.'
Inuka, Regina and Mauve quickly lined up for thier equipments, eager for thier next assignment.
----------------------
Firon already had a sword, so he ran westwards, towards a guy with a long, dark blue ponytail.
'Mr.Rogers?' enquired Firon, voice trembling with excitement.
'Haha!' laughed the guy flambouyantly. 'Yes, yes! I'm Rogers, skip the 'MR' would you? Haha! Now, i assume you're here for your next activity?'
Roger was answered with a hasty nod.
'Whoa! Slow down, slow down.' chided Rogers. 'Now you see those small little white orbs floating there?' pointed Rogers.
Firon looked over his shoulder and jumped a little, he was so excited, he didn't notice the white orbs floating around, occasionally cracking apart to form four quarters to reveal an eye, it also looked...cracked..
'Haha! You didn't even notice them?' laughed Rogers.
Firon shook his head sheepishly.
'Well, for your next task is to smash 10 of these 'Jr.Sentinels', yep you jheard me, Jr.Sentinels, don't worry, tthey aren't directly imported from Orbis Tower, Haha!' Reassured Rogers, looking at the shocked face of Firon.
'Their powers are damped by Grendel the Really Old to provide traning for Beginners! So what are you still waiting for? You seemed to eager just now! Go on!' shouted Rogers merrily, smacking Firon's ass.
This dude's gay, thought a disgruntled Firon.
Firon walked towards the Jr.Sentinel.
Now other Beginners were converging on Rogers, just as eager as Firon was.
Raising his sword, he swiped at the orb. With a single blow, it exploded.
Shielding his face, Firon looked down on what was once a quarter of the creature.
'OH YES!' bellowed Rogers, so that everyone looked at him. 'REMEMBER TO PICK THOSE UP, YOU NEED 10 OF THEM.'pointing at the quarter in Firon's hand. 'OH, AND WHEN YOU GUYS LEVEL UP, WHEN YOU FEEL THIS RUSH OF ENERGY, CONCENTRATE ON THE VIRTUE YOU WANT. FOR EXAMPLE, A WARRIOR LEVELS UP, CONCVENTRATE ON YOUR STRENGTH, CLENCH YOUR EYE FOR 5MINS AND CONCENTRATE ON STRENGTH AND DEXTERITY. IT WORKS FOR FIRST TIMERS. TRUST ME. MAGICIAN NEEDS INTELLIGENCE AND LUCK, READING BOOKS HELP TOO YOU KNOW, ROUGES NEED LUCK AND DEXTERITY, BOWMANS NEED DEXTERITY AND STRENGTH. GIDDY UP Y'ALL!' finished Rogers, enthusiastically shoving two Beginners forwards.
Inuka gasped in shock as he was pushed forward, so did the girl beside him. He gave her a glance, she returned it, raising thier newly acquired weapons, they smashed the two adjacent floating orbs, picking up the quarters.
'Well..Hey, I'm Inuka.'introduced the shy boy.
'Hey.. I'm Mauve..shall we continue to pawn these 'sentinels?' replied the girl.
-----------
Regina smiled in contempt. She had just felt a rush of energy and concentrated hard on dexterity and strength, surprisingly she could now hit a tinge harder and could grab ropes easier.
'WONDERFUL!' came the booming voice of Rogers. 'Did you jsut see this young woman? She leveled up!' The other Beginners nodded. Regina flushed. 'When you level up, your body gives a faint blueish glow! JUST WONDERFUL!' shouted Rogers happily, thumping Regina's back forcefully.
Regina gagged and coughed.
Rogers strided merily away, pleased with the idea of him just giving away great encouragement.
'You okay?'came a concerned voice.
Regina had a breif respite from her coughing, glancing upwards, she saw the same guy that was 'modelling' on how to kill a Jr.Sentinel, or so, she thought.
'Y-' she succumbed to a volley of coughs.
He rubbed her back comfortingly.
'Thanks' gasped Regina.
'No problem,' replied Firon, 'That Rogers is a total jackass, embaressing someone like that everytime.'
'You mean it wasn't your idea to show off killing a sentinel?' asked Regina, rather harshly.
'urm, no?' said Firon, abit affronted and hurt.
'Oh, sorry, shall we continue fighting?'
'yea'
---------
The evening sun shone down on the sea, making it sparkle with great majesty.The sea breeze ran through the Beginners hair playfully, refreshing thier tired senses from the day's hardwork.
Only a handful made it to level 10, and a fairly bigger amount at level 8, the future Magicians.
Inuka, Mauve, Regina and Firon were amongst them.
The four of them met, while doing Mai's quest.
Helping each other out, they finally made it today and was wearing the hats obtained from the numerous quests they had to go through. The other Beginners that havent made it yet were lodged in southperry's INN for free, courtesy of Rogers and Mai.
'ALL ABOARD!' announced captain Shank.
'Setting SAIL' he announced yet again, making his first sentence pointless. Inuka, Mauve, Regina and Firon were on quite good terms, they chatted on the salty cabin, until one by one, they fell asleep, exhaustion finally took them, drifting off to thier imaginations of what Victoria Island looked like, and how much they missed thier families. How they would write back to them and how they would make them proud by finally coming back to them, strong and powerful.
-----------------
YAY SECOND CHAP UP. HAHA.
>.> i might not be updating so often after today as i have some...INCONVIENIENCES with the INTERNET >.> yea so... please review and hoped you enjoyed it. urm if you DIDNT like it then..well..you could always press that little 'X' at the top right of your browser. =]
Sign up to rate and review this story