Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age

It's Your Home Too - SEPT 7

by AlexSanDee 2 reviews

Gerard become more accepting

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-09-07 - Updated: 2007-09-07 - 1195 words

1Exciting
Monica and Kara both looked up when they heard the door to the deck open.
As Bob came through the door, Kara quickly crossed the room, grabbing him by the arm. “Are you okay?” she asked quietly.
Bob chuckled. “Yeah. You?”
“Piece of cake.” She rolled her eyes. She then turned facing Gerard. She took a step back until she was resting against Bob’s chest, warily watching Gerard. She felt Bob rest his hands on her shoulders. She reached across her chest and grabbed one of his hands, interlacing their fingers. Her eyes challenged Gerard. She looked for all the world as if she was guarding Bob.
“Kara.” Gerard held out his arms as if for a hug while taking a step forward. Kara’s grip tightened on Bob’s hand. Bob whispered, “It’s all right.”
Kara reluctantly let go of Bob’s hand and stepped forward. Gerard swept her up in a bone-crushing hug. Kara tried her best to remember what her mother had said and endure the hug, but really, this touchy-feely shit would just have to stop.
“Kara, sorry I got so upset earlier. Guess I just wasn’t prepared for your news but I know you and Bob will be happy together.” He released her and moved slightly back. “I know you don’t think of me as your dad but that doesn’t change the fact that I love you and I want you to be happy.”

In the dining room, Christa and Alicia were sitting together quietly talking. Mikey was still eating while Ray was listening at the kitchen door.
“Ray, come away from there.” Christa loudly whispered. Ray turned and mouthed “shhh”.
Christa told Alicia to hang on a minute. She got up from the table and went over to Ray. “Ray, get away from the door. You shouldn’t be listening,” she hissed.
“I’m just making sure Gerard doesn’t do anything stupid – like go for power tools.”
“Go sit down. Nobody’s going to hurt anyone.” She stepped between Ray and the door and gave him a shove back toward the table.
At that moment Gerard barreled thru the swinging door catching Christa and sending her sprawling. “Ouch” she said sitting up “Spoke too soon.”
“Shit, sorry.” Gerard said reaching out his hand to help Christa up. “Hear anything good?”
Christa glared at Ray. “Want to jump in here, buddy?”
Ray just smiled and spoke to Gerard, “So everything good?”
Monica, Bob and Kara walked in and went back to their original seats at the table. Ray was still waiting for Gerard’s answer.
“Shit Ray, stop being dramatic. I don’t see any blood so it’s all good.” Mikey said before swallowing his last bit of garlic bread. “So Monica, what’s for desert?”
Alicia leaned over and smacked him on the arm. “The rest of us haven’t finished eating.”
Mikey just rolled his eyes. “Hurry up already.” He leaned back in his chair and pulled out his cell phone. “I’ll just call Frank and give him the news.”
Gerard leaned over and grabbed the phone from his brother’s hand. “Not right now. That’s the last thing we need. Why don’t you go into the kitchen and get yourself some ice cream.”
Mikey gave him an annoyed look, “So can I have my phone back?”
Gerard looked at him a moment then pocketed the phone, “Later.”
Mikey mumbled something under his breath as he walked towards the kitchen. It involved brothers and donkeys.
Everyone at the table began eating again. The food was slightly cold but no one seemed to notice. Finally Ray spoke, “Have you told Brian yet?” He was looking at Bob.
Bob shook his head, “Not yet. Figured I would tell him Tuesday when we have the meeting.”
Alicia decided she might as well test the waters, “So I think we should give Kara a wedding shower.”
Kara smiled happily, “Oh a wedding shower, prezzies.”
Christa saw this idea as a great way to lessen the drama going on at the table, “But we gotta have it on Tuesday night. I wanna be here.”
Kara frowned, “Where are you going?”
“I’m going with Ray on the tour.” Christa replied smiling.
“Oh” Kara said looking down at her plate.
Bob put his arm around her shoulder. “If you weren’t in school you know you’d be going with me.”
“Stupid school” Kara said unhappily.
Gerard was about to say something when Monica reached out and touched his arm. He looked over at her and remained quiet.
Alicia tried to get the good mood back on track, “Okay then, Tuesday night it is. Kara since it’s so last minute you’ll just have to invite your friends tomorrow.”
Kara looked at her, “Don’t have any.” She was thinking about the day before Spring Break when all her so-called friends were enjoying themselves looking at the photos of Bob in Europe.
Kelly understood, “I think it should just be all of us and Jamia and Donna. That’s the only people that are important anyway.”
Monica agreed, “Yep, and you guys are gonna have to find someway to entertain yourselves.”
Bob thought a moment, “So like do I get a bachelor party?’
Once again Gerard was about to say something when Monica stopped him. There was however no stopping Kara.
“Hell no you don’t. No strippers for you.”
Bob turned bright red, “That’s not what I was thinking.”
Gerard stood up, “I’m gonna go give Mikey his phone back.” He just couldn’t take any more talk of wedding showers or strippers.

Mikey and Alicia left closely followed by Ray and Christa. Kelly was doing the dinner dishes. Gerard wondered why Monica had made her youngest daughter do them all by herself. It was almost like she was being punished.
“Well it’s getting pretty late. Kara and I are going to bug out now. Thanks for dinner, Monica.”
Monica was confused. “Where are you going? I thought you were staying here.”
Bob gave Gerard an uneasy look. “Kara and I were going to get a hotel room tonight. We thought everyone would be more comfortable with that.”
“That’s silly, isn’t it, Honey?” Monica jabbed Gerard in the ribs.
He flinched. He figured he better say something before she broke a rib. “Of course you have to stay here.” He thought for a moment. “Kara, you haven’t seen your room yet. I’m sure you’re going to love it.”
Kelly, coming in from the kitchen snickered at the last statement. Monica gave her an elbow to the ribs also.
“That’s okay. We’d just be underfoot.”
Monica spoke up, “Nonsense. We’re all family now.”
Bob looked pointedly at Gerard. “No, I think it would be best for everyone if we go.”
Gerard sighed. “I didn’t mean what I said before. This is Kara’s home, so it’s your home too.”
Bob smiled, “Thanks, Dad.”

AUTHROS NOTE - Thanks for the comments guys. Just needed to know you all were still there!
Sign up to rate and review this story