Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[15.]]

by zildjian1039 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-09-12 - Updated: 2009-01-21 - 1071 words

0Unrated
5-1-2006
After a half an hour of driving [which mostly consisted of Andy fumbling with maps and asking people who clearly didn't speak English for directions], we finally got to the studio. Patrick and Joe were waiting outside, talking with the guy who appeared to be the owner. I got out of the van to help Andy bring in some of the equipment.
Pete was attaching a leash to the puppy's collar and letting him down on the pavement. After getting all the equipment inside and set up, Patrick was pacing crazily in the lobby,singing scales and cursing the wind when he wouldn't hit notes right.
"Don't fuck this up." I would hear him mutter occasionally.
Andy sat in the corner warming up his chops on a drum pad while Joe and Pete tuned guitars.
The guy [I figured out his name was Seth],motioned them in through the door.
"Okay boys, we're good to go."
They strapped on their guitars,all looking quite unsettled.
I hugged Andy, Joe, and [ as much as I didn't want to] Pete. I told them they would all do great, and I truly believe they would.
I saved Patrick for last. He seemed the most nervous of them all.
"You're gonna shine brighter than everyone, Patrick. I know you will. And I'll be right here waiting for you."
I stole a kiss and he grinned.
"Thank you. I'm gonna pretend I'm only playing for you. I love you."
Every time he says that my heart flutters.
"I love you too." I conveyed this message clearly.
I fixed his hat and brushed a few wisps of hair from his eyes.
He managed to take my breath away one more time with a smile before he entered the studio
---
About an hour or so later, the boys filed out of the room, equipment packed and ready to go.
I stood up from the chair I had been sitting in.
"Well?" I anticipated.
Patrick hung his head in response.
"Oh Patrick." , I threw my arms around his neck, and he buried his head in my shoulder.
He sniffled.
He dug in his pocket and produced a document with 4 signatures on the bottom.
"WE'RE SIGNED!" he screamed.
"OH MY GOD!!!" I jumped into his arms. "You scared me so bad!!"
Andy and Joe joined in our celebrating, but I had no idea where Pete was.
"We're headed to Chicago next week to record our first EP.", Joe explained.
"I am so proud of you guys." I told them. You had never seen such starry-eyed boys and I was absolutely ecstatic for them. Including Pete wherever he went.
---
Later on, all of us decided to walk down the street to the beach.
Patrick and I sat on a stone wall,watching the pink and purple sunset illuminate the sky . Andy and Joe were busy trying to set a dead crab on fire while Pete chased Hemingway around,splashing through the glassy water.
It had been a while since we got to spend time together, and it felt good to be at peace and have only the feeling of love circulating through our hearts. The past month or so had been emotional and difficult, and things finally seemed like they were looking up.
Patrick seemed a little uneasy all of a sudden.
"You tired?",I asked thoughtfully.
"Nah.",Patrick said,and with a smile he added "And even if I was,I wouldn't go anywhere anyways.This moments perfect...it's kinda like a dream I don't wanna wake up from."
And with that, the air fell silent aside from the crashing of the waves onto the shore. But it was okay,because we both knew that the only thing we were thinking of was each other,and that was the only thing that mattered. I couldn't help but think of all the days we would spend like this in our future.
---
5-2-2006
The next morning,I woke up in a tangle of sheets in my bed. The rest of the moments that fit together to form the previous night seemed uncomparable to the few minutes on the beach with the person I loved most, feeling like the weight of the whole world left my shoulders.
I stood up,opened the window,and let the fresh air creep over the window sill and fill my lungs. Things were good, I decided in that moment. We would leave for Chicago in just days,the town I had grown up in was minutes away from being reality again. It had been literally less than a week since we had left there in the first place but I couldn't help missing it. I mean, after all we accomplished what we needed to in Cali,right? The boys had a record deal now. To be honest,I was hoping I would forget about that town,and most of the people in it but it seemed that it had been burned into my mind forever. I fell in love in that city, for the first time. Pushing the thought out of my mind,I got ready and headed across the hallway to Patrick and Pete's hotel room. Voices echoed behind the door ,rather loudly, and I knocked as hard as I could.
Pete came to the door in a hurry with Hemingway chomping at his heels.
"HI!" ,he greeted me,more cheery than his usual[recent] self.
He then darted off into the room leaving the door open.
"Ooook?" I thought out loud,and entered.
Food wrappers, dirty clothes and Red Bull cans were strewn all over the floor, along with several cans of whipped cream and some spilled ice cream.
"Oh WOW." I stated ,stepping over the mess , quite disgusted.
Joe stood in front of the stove, attempting to make bacon while Andy complained about Joe having no feelings about the innocent pig that was now searing in a pan.
"How would you feel if you were that pig,Joe."
"Warm." Joe stated simply.
"Pete where's Patrick?",I yelled over to Pete, who was too involved in Guitar Hero to give her an immediate answer.
"In my room...in my bed...sleeping.",replied Pete,setting down the controller and looking a little nauseous.
"You ok?",I asked,concerned with the look on his face.
He was pale and looked suddenly nervous and uninterested in his prior activities.
"Fine.I'm fine."
Sign up to rate and review this story