Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Forbidden Love

Clan leaders fight, Kaguya Shigai vs. Mizu

by Shank 0 reviews

The battle from the clan leaders perspective. WHich leader of the two clans is stronger?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-09-16 - Updated: 2007-09-17 - 1415 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Kaguya clan had intercepted the rival clan before they could make the river. Being able to have complete control over water and ice would make the river a bad place for them to fight. The clan leader, Kaguya Shigai had done his part fighting and watched as Kaguya Karada was about to fight someone. He knew that the clan leader from the other side wouldn’t be in the front line but not fully at the back so he had an idea in getting close enough for a kill.

Mizu hadn’t fought a Kaguya in a long time and didn’t miss it. They were quite troublesome to fight and he worried for his clan’s safety. He was behind the second squad of attackers, making sure he wasn’t getting himself into a trap. He noticed a kunai coming for him from the trees, and one of his companions came out to block it. “Thankyou.” Mizu said, getting his own kunai ready.
“No worries.” Mizu turned around and threw his kunai at his own clansmen and charged in. this took the ninja by surprise who had to dodge the kunai and as well block the attacks from Mizu. The ninja stopped and smiled, “So you saw through this transformation.” The ninja changed into Kaguya Shigai, the leader of the clan.
“I wondered if we would get a chance to fight.” They shaped off against each other and prepared themselves for battle. Kaguya Shigai sprouted bones from his arms into a sharp armour and came in at Mizu. Mizu wasn’t able to retreat and did his best to dodge the attacks. Shigai was quite fast and Mizu had to block some of the punches, cutting his arms and hands a lot during this bout. Shigai took advantage of his failure to defend and also got some good shots in on the body, but not doing too much damage.
Mizu took a few steps back and made some hand seals, some water from a nearby puddle raised off the ground and splashed around giving Mizu a distraction to retreat towards the river. Shigai knew what he was doing and chased hard to make sure he didn’t make the river. He had an idea to stop Mizu in his tracks and possibly end the fight with this one move. He concentrated hard and reached his arm into his back while still running and pulling out his spinal cord. “Dance of the Clematis.” He swung his bone chain around and wrapped Mizu up where he stood. “Its over.” He ripped his cord back and crushed Mizu, which didn’t break but disintegrated into a puddle of water revealing it was a water clone. Mizu jumped out from behind Shigai and got two clean shots to Shigai’s face, sending him flying backwards into the ground.
Mizu was able to easily make the river now and find a hiding spot and make a plan. Shigai was trying to remain calm, but his Kaguya nature was boiling inside him and he found himself not thinking straight. He made his way to the river and also found himself a hiding spot, hoping Mizu had not seen him hide.
Shigai was in hiding, he kept very quiet and still, being able to hear the sounds of battle and people dying. He couldn’t worry about that now, this was his fight. The best ninjas from both clans fighting it out until the end. A cold breeze came off the river and sent a shiver up his spine. The river was the best thing for his enemy to be near for this fight. He would definitely have to make things close quarters for the fight and hopefully be able to face the river so he couldn’t bring any attacks from his blind spot.
Then he heard and felt something, he looked out of the bushes he was hiding in to see multiple being thrown at him. He jumped up and dodged the kunai but left himself open to a large ice projectile which would kill him if it landed in the right spot. He had no option, he quickly manipulated his bones under his skin as well as sprouting some outside his body to stop and absorb the impact of it. Using this defence method, he was not injured at all. The large ice weapon broke itself up into smaller pieces and began moving around cutting and stabbing Shigai. He quickly jumped away and broke all the little ice pieces into worthless ice pebbles. He stood on a branch looking into the tree that Mizu was hiding in. “Did you see me hide there?”
“No. I moved around some water through the air and when it didn’t come out the other side of that bush you were in I knew you were there.”
“Quite impressive.” Shigai took a risk and jumped down underneath Mizu’s tree leaving himself open to a number of attacks. The only reason he was able to complete his technique is because it was so unexpected and outright suicide that Mizu wasn’t expecting it. Shigai from the bottom of the tree jammed his arms into the tree and exploded the chakra in his body, “Dance of the Seedling Willows!” The tree began to sprout human bones from its trunk through all the branches, with the most damaging ones being concentrated to the branch where Mizu was. Mizu had to abandon his tree and was almost caught by the attack as if they were to hit, he would have been done for on the spot.
As Mizu was midair, Shigai took his arms out of the tree and rushed in at Mizu who was unable to defend his quick and powerful taijutsu combo. Shigai got some shots in on his gut, chest and face and now sent Mizu flying back and landing in the river. When he landed, he got himself into position and readied himself for a good battle. Mizu picked himself up out of the water, “Such a terrible technique. You are quite impressive as well.”
“You haven’t even seen the last dance yet.”
“Ah yes, the Kaguya clan and their plant dances, I have never had the honour of seeing them all.”
“I will make sure you do before it kills you.”
They waited for a short while to get their breath back and then suddenly charged at each other. They fought a hand to hand fight but used their abilities. Shigai once again reverted back to his dance of the willows, with his arm bones sprouted from his wrists. But the battle wasn’t that simple, he found it difficult to fight against Mizu’s style of hand to hand combat. As Mizu fought, he moved water in and around his hands and arms to cause quite a good diversion in the bout. It would hide the whereabouts of his hands at times and take Shigai’s attention away from his critical points. None of the ninjas were getting anywhere by fighting like this, but they both chose to fight this way. Mizu was getting in some good shots but only hitting bone that Shigai had covered up critical points with and Shigai was following the water distractions and only really hurting Mizu’s hands. They both backed off and make some unique hand seals. Shigai yelled, “DANCE OF THE AZALEA!”
Mizu yelled, “Famine Leach Technique.” But neither was able to finish their special move. A kunai came from the trees and had a complete lock on to Mizu’s spine, which would have killed him on the spot. Mizu realised it was too late; he had to wait for the stray kunai to kill him. However, he was saved. He looked down at a Kaguya ninja with the kunai in his chest that had jumped in to save him. Why had this enemy ninja saved him? And who threw the kunai?
His daughter Mitsuko came out in his direction, screaming frantically. She crouched over the Kaguya ninja whom she was obviously attracted to and cried hysterically. He looked to his Kaguya enemy who was running in when he noticed it was his son that had taken the kunai and was wounded in the field.
Kaguya Shinjou lay with the kunai in his chest. He had finally done something good in stopping the conflict. But it was most likely going to be at the expense of his life.
Sign up to rate and review this story