Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Music For the Ages

Dream About Flying

by aqueous 0 reviews

Jay's recollections one morning.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-09-25 - Updated: 2007-09-26 - 577 words

0Unrated
AN: I will try to make this longer of course the other one was sadly very short. This is based on the song: Dream About Flying by Alexi Murdoch. As always I will promote the artist, please take a listen, great talent here!
(Sometimes I wonder why my music I listen to is so sad lately!)

Chapter Two: Dream About Flying

Jay rolled around restlessly in his large bed. He groaned, he hated this empty feeling, of not only his bed but his life has seemed to miss a part of it. He squinted at the pale light that woke him slowly.

He pondered as he grudgingly swung his feet over the side of the bed, rubbing the back of his bed-head hair: 'This slow pain I feel will not let me be.' he rubbed his chest, he contemplated the idea of medical condition. His thoughts wandered to the day that was to come.

'So much work to do,' he sighed, 'I don't know if I can.' He took a few slow paces towards the wardrobe where he was put against a simple decision. As usual he picked a polo which seemed these days to be his best friend. He yawned pulling the olive shirt over his head. He leaned against the dresser looking into the mirror with a serious look.

'Trying so hard, but I'm just one man.' he sluggishly rubbed his eyes as if to wake himself up further. He walked down the hallway to the bathroom where he was to wash up for the day to come. How he loathed this point in day. Whilst walking down the dimly lit hallway he thought of the dream he had.

'Five years old I climbed up on the wall' he half smiled at this thought, his sense of adventure never ceased, 'Mother warned me but I took no heed.' He pushed the door open with his hand and walked into the musky bathroom, which he could tell had been just vacated by Herry. The cologne scent lingered within the air.

He brushed his teeth slowly still recounting his dream, 'like all creatures great and small, I took a fall,' his face turned to a form of remembering the pain, 'and found out I could bleed.' That day had changed Jay more than he had thought. Each day he faced new obstacles and each day it grew harder and harder, his fear growing stronger within.

'These days I'm afraid of everything,' He mused ashamed of himself, 'suppose cause everything will die.' he reasoned. He stopped brushing as he assessed further, 'though it was to love what they will lose.' he sighed, washing the toothpaste off of his worn toothbrush. He spat into the sink, 'So much easier to lie.'

Jay looked at his reflection in the mirror, although his exterior looked fine he could tell on the inside he was being torn apart. 'Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning,' he sighed once again, 'Actually it's more like most of the time.' Jay wistfully splashed water upon his face to shed away his thoughts, but his mind proceeded. 'But every now and then when I'm sleeping, I still have a dream that I'm flying.' He pressed his palms to the sink and looked deep within the mirror, trying to peer through his own eyes, he looked down defeated, 'And I wake up crying.'
Sign up to rate and review this story