Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Music For the Ages

Firefly

by aqueous 0 reviews

Archie, and Atlanta in a confusing situation.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-09-28 - Updated: 2007-09-29 - 898 words

0Unrated
A/N: Here we go with the third installment. Now this song is a hard rock song but it fit all the same, I'm sure you can guess the relevance of the title: Firefly by Breaking Benjamin.
Enjoy!

Chapter 3: Firefly

Archie paced back and forth in the common room looking up at the clock as he did so. His thoughts were swimming vividly from one conclusion to the next, his eyes averted back to the clock. He had been like this for two hours, the hour had grown late but he still stood in this spot.

His mind fluttered to Atlanta. 'You my friend,' he said in his head, thinking of all the times they had together. He pushed aside the thoughts continuing, 'You're a lot like them.' Archie always thought that Atlanta was different, she wasn't like any other girl he had met. She was one of the guys, not afraid to get dirty, always competitive (no matter how annoying that may get.) But things had changed, as the years went by and she matured her nature traveled more to that side, with Theresa's help. He grimaced at that idea.

Slumped down upon the sofa, 'But I caught your lie.' at that thought the door creaked open and Atlanta snuck in through the darkness unaware that Archie was just sitting there. She jumped up in fright to see him, her fire red hair landing upon her face, she brushed aside.

"Archie!" she breathed heavily, "You scared me half to death, what are you doing here?" her face looked rather guilty after the shock wore of. 'And you know I did.' She scratched the back of her head uneasily and looked at his dead features. "I didn't think I was going to be so late..."

All Archie could do was sit there and look at her, he loved how her red hair fell about her face, the look on her face. He even loved the uneasiness of her presence. 'Now I'm lost in you,' he admitted, 'Like I always do.' he sighed giving in once more to her antics.

"I wasn't waiting for you." he said with a tinge of coldness, "I just can't sleep." Guilty was then washed away as she looked with a sincere smile. She patted his shoulder then made her way up the stairs to bed without one more word. 'I'd die to win,' he sighed, 'cause I'm born to lose.' He watched her make the way up the stairs, his mind at a loss.

'Firefly,' he thought sadly as he pulled one knee up to his chest, 'could you shine your light.' Archie remembered of how the times he has lied to everyone before, 'now I know your ways, 'cause they are just like mine.' He in this moment forgave her for what he always did. 'Now I'm justified, as I fall in like.' He didn't like the idea when he knew he could confront her about it, 'and it's hard to try, when you're open wide.'

He stretched and slowly removed himself from the couch. Archie paced the floor with his bare feet up to the stairs of which he climbed slowly, his body exhausted from the day, his brace clanking all the way. He walked down the hallway and just walked past Atlanta's door which light could be seen emanating from the cracks. He slowly walked towards it quietly and placed his ear upon the door as if to hear what was going on within. He closed his eyes in thought.

'Take my hand, we'll be off,' he dreamt of them going far away from here, which was the centre of their problems, 'and then we'll come back again, to a different land.' he pictured how everything would be different, and she would be his. 'Now I like this way.' he smiled slightly, this was soon replaced by the thought of tonight.

'You can go away, if you guess the name you cannot replace.' he frowned as to where she had been this night. He walked further down the hall. "Firefly.." he said quietly.

- - - -

As Atlanta undressed she mustered over in her head what had happened downstairs. She knew Archie really just couldn't sleep, or if he did, he wouldn't sit downstairs in darkness. Her thoughts turned to sadness, she could hear the clanking of his brace down the hallway, it suddenly stopped before her door.

'Bring me your enemies, lay them before me,' she wished to rid of anything that had caused him pain, 'and walk away.'

- - - -

Archie slammed his door firmly, his thoughts not turned to anger, she did not care for him, and she was blind to see. 'Fuck you firefly, have you lost your light?' his mind ravaged with all the things he loathed about her, 'Now I hate your ways, 'cause they're just like me.' He hated the way he has acted, and the way she now did, 'So you lost my friend, such a sorry end,' he had finally one, she no longer held the upper hand, 'and I don't know why, so I choke and smile.' a small smile crept upon his lips as he fell upon his bed, and fell asleep thoughtless.
Sign up to rate and review this story