Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Back To The Future

Bury Me In Memory

by GoogleGeek 3 reviews

Much, much, much shorter then the others.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-10-03 - Updated: 2007-10-03 - 590 words - Complete

0Unrated
Andy knelt down next to the coffin, staring down at Caitlin's body. He couldn't breathe properly with the amount of tears he was choking up. Andy sighed as he noticed the gold bracelet hanging off her tiny left wrist. She had only worn that bracelet once before- their wedding. Quickly, he slipped the bracelet off her and placed it in his pocket.

The ceremony wore on but Andy couldn't concentrate. He couldn't handle it any longer. It felt like every pair of eyes were watching him, trying to figure out how the husband would react. It was was if some of these people were still trying to work out whether or not he was good enough.

"Now, Andrew Hurley, Caitlin's husband, would like to say a few words." the priest said, motioning towards him.

His vision began to blur as he walked towards the front. His legs felt like they were going to fall through the floor. With a sigh he looked at the crowd in front of him. The words he had practiced in the mirror that morning didn't seem to come out.

"Caitlin was amazing." he said straightforwardly, his voice was trembling as he tried to think of what else he had planned to say. "No..." he corrected. "She was more then that." He looked down at the floor but all he could see was a build up of tears. "Thank you." He mumbled before walking back towards his seat.

Joe, Pete and Patrick gave him sympathetic looks as he sat down next to Cameron who was squirming in the formal outfit that he was dressed in.

**

Andy watched as the coffin got leveled down into the ground. After that, it was all a blur. He wasn't sure what happened after that as the next thing he remembered, people were leaving. Andy stood there sadly when a shoulder rested on his arm, caused him to flinch.

"Andy..." Pete looked through Andy's solemn eyes. "Do you want us to take Cameron and leave you here?"

Andy nodded. "Thank you." he whispered.

"Don't sweat it." Pete sighed as he took his hand off Andy's shoulder. Slowly, he walked away leaving Andy in the empty graveyard.

Andy sat down on the grass next to Caitlin's tombstone. His silent tears soon became louder.

"Caitlin, you don't understand." he started looking down at the spot her coffin was. "Every second for the last three days you are the only thing on my mind. I know you hate the whole cliche life but you were my cliche. You made my Earth round, you made my sun shine."

Speaking of the sun, caused him to look up. "If you're watching, which I hope you are I'm going to tell you a secret." he sighed as he pulled a blade of grass out of the dirt. "You're the most incredible person I've ever known."

He pulled out the bracelet that he had taken. "Do you remember, when I gave you this?" he asked out of nowhere, examining the bracelet in his hands. "This was to mark our love for each other."

He read the message on the bracelet over and over again. "Another way to show my love." he repeated before standing up. He took one last look at the blue, cloudy sky above him and then one long last look at the tombstone. Sighing, with tears streaming down his cheek, he walked back to his car.

Caitlin Louise Hurley
1984-2017
Loving Wife, Daughter, Mother and Friend.
May her love be with us always and forever.
Sign up to rate and review this story