Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age

All Because of You - OCT 7

by AlexSanDee 3 reviews

Mikey has a big problem

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-10-07 - Updated: 2007-10-07 - 1910 words

0Unrated
Bob finally found a quiet corner to call Kara from. It was Mikey’s turn to use the hotel room to call home.
Kara was obviously waiting for his call judging by the speed with which she answered. “Hi Pookie! Happy One Week Anniversary. I thought you’d forgotten. You didn’t call this morning. But when I got home from school there were your flowers. They’re beautiful. Thank you Pookie and I didn’t get you anything. I’m sorry.” Kara paused.
“Whoa, take a breath. You’ll strain something.” Bob laughed. “ Did you really like them? I thought you might think they were lame or something.”
“Are you kidding? They’re beautiful and your card. It was so sweet. Why would you think I wouldn’t like them? Sometimes you think too much.” Without waiting for a reply, Kara launched into another subject.
“Guess what. Alicia and Jamia invited me over for lunch tomorrow. Isn’t that cool? What are you doing tomorrow? What’s the next stop? I can’t see the calendar from here”
“We’re in Toronto. I don’t think there’s anything planned. Want me to call you in the morning?”
“Of course. Just not too early. I wanna sleep in.”
“Need your beauty sleep?” Bob teased, automatically ducking as if Kara was there to smack him.
“Very funny.”
“I’d have to sleep for a week, so quick your bitchin’.. Hey, let me call you back in a couple of minutes. There’s some kind of commotion down here in the lobby.”
“Oh phooey. Make it quick, will ya?”
“As quick as I can. Love ya.”
“Love you too. Happy Anniversary, Mr. Bryar.”
“Happy Anniversary, Mrs. Bryar.”
Kara laughed contentedly.
“Hey, Kara.”
“Yeah?”
“Just so you know. I bought high potency vitamins today.”

“Hey babe” Alicia said answering her phone. “Concert kick ass as usual?”
Mikey laughed, “Yeah, but I’m fucking tired, man. I just wanna take a shower and crash. How goes it at the House of Jamia?”
“It’s all good. She and I picked out a paint color for the nursery. I’m gonna paint it tomorrow. Kara’s gonna give me a hand, she just doesn’t know it yet.”
“What do you mean she doesn’t know it yet? What are you up to?”
“Nothing much. I just might have forgotten to mention that copious amounts of paint would be involved with her visit.”
Mikey laughed, knowing in his heart that this was not going to go as Alicia planned. “So what color is it gonna be?”
Alicia stretched out on the sofa, “Well since they won’t find out the sex of the babies we’re going with a color that goes for boys and girls.”
Mikey pushed the elevator button. “Wait a minute I thought Monica was sure one of the babies was a boy?”
“Yeah, she thinks so but that still leaves one. We don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl.”
The elevator doors opened and Mikey got in. “Still hear me?”
“Yeah”
“Okay, so the room will be for boys or girls. What color?”
Alicia laughed, “Can’t tell you but it goes with the theme we picked. All of us women decided to keep it a surprise.”
“But you can tell me. I won’t tell anyone.”
Alicia laughed, “Mikey, I’d tell you if I hadn’t promised Jamia that I wouldn’t tell a soul.”
Mikey watched the elevator doors opened on the floor one below his. No one got on. “I hate when that happens,” he said.
“What?”
“Oh the elevator doors just opened but no one got on. I always imagine a ghost pushed the button.”
Alicia giggled, “So does that mean a ghost just got on the elevator with you?”
Mikey felt a chill go down his spine, “Shit, don’t say that.” He looked up at the elevator lights. His was the next floor. Suddenly the elevator halted with a jolt and he was pitched into darkness. “Fuck”
“Mikey? Are you alright?’ She could tell by the tone of his voice something had just happened.
“Fucking elevator stopped and the lights went out.”
“Shit, push the emergency button.”
Mikey was frantically feeling for his lighter. He walked over to where he knew the buttons were located. “Shit, fucking lighter won’t work.” He was growing more agitated.
“Calm down babe.” Alicia said. She got up off the sofa and walked towards Jamia’s room.
“Okay, I got the lighter to work and I pushed the button.” He said.
“I’m sure they’ll get it going again in a minute. Why don’t you sit down and we’ll just talk about shit until they do.” She was trying to keep him calm. The last thing he needed right now was an anxiety attack.
“Alicia, I’m fine. This just sucks.” He slid down to the floor and sat Indian style. “I hate the fucking dark.”
Jamia looked up when Alicia walked in. She could tell something was wrong. “What’s up?”
Alicia put her hand over the phone. “You talking to Frank?”
Jamia nodded, “Tell him Mikey is stuck in the elevator at the hotel. I’m afraid he’ll freak. He’s stuck and in the dark.”
Jamia repeated the message to Frank. She listened a moment then spoke to Alicia, “Frank said he and Gerard are almost back to the hotel.”
Alicia nodded, “Babe, Frank and Gee are almost at the hotel. They’ll make sure that they are working on the elevator.”
Mikey laughed, “Okay, thanks for calling in the reinforcements.” He peered through the darkness, “Just wish you hadn’t made the crack about the ghost getting on with me.”
“Yeah, that was great timing on my part, wasn’t it?” She walked back into the living room and sat on the sofa. “So what do you want to talk about to keep your mind occupied?”
“You”
Alicia smiled, “What about me?”
“I can tell you all the reasons I love you.” He said softly.
“Well, okay but then I can tell you all the reasons I love you.”
Mikey sighed, “Can’t be many of those, I’m pretty fucked up.”
“No, that’s not true.”
“Whatever” he said not letting her finish, “I love you cause you’re all the things I’m not. You’re funny, and smart. You’re brave and you don’t take any shit from anyone. If you were in this elevator you’d be cussing up a storm and laughing at the same time. You wouldn’t be sitting here in the dark worrying about ghosts or the elevator plummeting down to the ground.”
Alicia spoke softly, “Babe, if I was in that elevator right now I’d be all over you. You’re my world Mikey Way and if I am, all those things you just said then it’s all because of you. Cause without you I’d be nothing.”
Mikey smiled, “Shit, I love you.”
“And I love you.”
“Alicia I’m not sure I want to do this anymore.” He blurted out.
“What?”
“The band, I’m not sure it’s what I want anymore. It used to be all I could think of but now I’m not happy on stage like I used to be. It’s like it’s just another job. Like when I worked at the bookstore. It was okay and I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it either.”
Alicia was shocked, “How long have you felt like this?”
“Since the tour started. I just haven’t told you.”
“Do you want to quit the band?”
He thought before answering, “Some days I’m sure I do but then I get with the guys and I can’t imagine doing anything else.”
“Well, you need to take your time and decide. I’m with you whatever choice you make. Do you think you should talk to Gee?”
“No, not right now. I think I’ll just stick it out and think about it.”
“That sounds like a good plan.” Alicia said. God, she wished she was with him.
“Okay so since I’m just fucking pouring out the hidden thoughts and emotions I got something to talk to you about.”
“What?”
He took a deep breath, “I think we should think about starting a family. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy. Here I am talking about quitting the group which is essentially my job, and thinking about having a baby.”
Alicia smiled, “I don’t think it’s crazy at all. I’ve been thinking the same thing too.”
“Shit. The lights are back on and the elevator is moving. Fuck, it’s going down instead of up but I’ll take it. Just so I’m not stuck. Let me call you back after I get in my room, okay?’ he disconnected, stood up and waited for the doors to open. As soon as they did, a body hurling itself against him pushed him back. “Oh, Mikey, I was so worried. I thought I’d never see you again.”
There was quite an audience gathered around in the lobby watching. Mikey pushed Frank off, “Get out, dude,” He said while laughing.
Gerard was watching them, “You okay, bro?”
Mikey gave him a nod, “I’m all good.”


“Well we had some excitement at the hotel tonight” Gerard told Monica. He had just gotten back to his room and was unlacing his shoes. Frank was still down in Mikey’s room talking. “Mikey got stuck in the elevator.”
“For how long?”
“He didn’t really say. I think he was kinda shook up but he didn’t want to show it. At least he was talking to Alicia when it happened.” He got his shoes off and laid down on the bed, “The concert was fucking awesome. The fans were really into the music. I had to straighten out some kids who were fighting in the pit but other than that it was all good.”
“I can tell by your voice.”
“Can you really?” He laughed, “So what are you up to tomorrow?
“Kelly and I are gonna have Elle for the day. We’re gonna celebrate her birthday.” She didn’t tell him that she had practically had to beg Liv when she came back for Elle. Liv didn’t think Elle should spend the day with them. Monica had finally convinced her.
“So what are you gonna do?”
“I think we might take her to a movie. I got a couple other ideas but I’m not sure yet.”
“Isn’t Kara gonna spend the day with you too?’
“No, Alicia and Jamia invited her over for the day. I think I’ll probably take Elle over to see your mom too.”
“That will make Ma happy.” He closed his eyes and minute and pictured Elle, “Hey, do me a favor? I saw these really cute little plush bugs at Hot Topic. Could you get one and give it to Elle for me?”
Monica smiled, “That’s sweet. I know she’ll love it.”
He exhaled softly, “Monica, I really do want to spend time with her.”
“I know, Gee. I’m sure you’ll be able to. I’m sure things are gonna work out just like we want them to.”
Sign up to rate and review this story