Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Laced With Nitroglycerin

10. The Little Things Give You Away

by aznfoblover 3 reviews

alkdjf;lskjdf;l

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2007-10-08 - Updated: 2007-10-09 - 1053 words - Complete

0Unrated
***
Chapter 10
The Little Things Give You Away (Linkin Park)
"Don't want to reach for me do you? I mean nothing to you..."
***

"Um excuse me?" I heard a voice asking. An unfamiliar woman's voice.

My head jerked up immediately, and I saw a very young and very strange red-haired lady staring at me, confused. I saw that Kate was asleep next to me.

"Uh, yeah, can I help you with something?" I asked, trying to be polite. It was kind of creepy that an absolute stranger was in my house.

"Can you point me to the bathroom?" she asked.

"Uhh..." I started, but I heard a voice cut me off.

"Jeanie? Where are you?" I heard my dad calling.

"Downstairs talking to some boy on the couch," she replied. Wow. How stupid could she get?

My dad walked downstairs and saw me and a miraculously still sleeping Kate on the couch with the Jeanie girl in front of us. "Baby, come back upstairs. I just need to talk to him for a little bit," my dad said. She went back upstairs and my dad turned to me. "Ryan, don't scare her away please."

"Uh, Dad, you do notice that she's like two years older than me, right?" I said.

"As long as she's legal, it doesn't really matter to me," he replied. I held down a shudder. My dad was such a creep. "And get her home soon. I don't even want to know what you two were doing." Ew.

"Whatever. I'm going to Spence's house and I probably won't be home all day, OK?" I said. He shrugged and waved a hand at me as he walked away. Sometimes I wish I had a father that actually cared about where Dani and I were.

I felt Kate stirring beside me and I looked down at her and smiled. "Morning, sunshine," she said, smiling up at me. I pecked her lips and mumbled a good morning back. "What's wrong, dear?" she asked.

"My father is such a creep," I mumbled. "I don't really want to talk about it. Let's get you home though, or Brendon will have my ass."

We got up regretfully and I made a beautiful breakfast of blueberry Eggo waffles. We left soon after because I was afraid of running into Jeanie again.

As soon as we stepped outside, Kate started shivering despite her jacket. "It's fucking freezing," she whined. I put my arms around her as we walked.

"It's not a far walk to Spence's," I said. "I wish I had a car, though."

"Yeah, except you're such a bad driver, Ryan. You'd get into an accident in no time," she laughed. I pouted.

"I would not," I defended, knowing she was probably right. She just shook her head and kissed my cheek. We walked the rest of the way in a comfortable silence.

"Hey Ry," was shouted at me from three different people. I waved back in response.

"We've decided to only practice a few songs and then call it quits until Pete comes, OK?" Spencer asked. I shrugged and nodded. We played our three strongest songs, and while we weren't perfect, we were as good as we could get.

For the rest of the morning, we watched cartoons and talked anxiously about what we thought THE Pete Wentz would be like in person.

"You guys are going to do just fine. I can tell," Kate said from my side. I leaned down and kissed her. "You know, you're getting another one later for luck," she whispered to me. I smiled.

"I'll be waiting for it," I whispered back.

"OK, can you guys not do this weird lovey-dovey stuff in front of us? It kind of weirds me out," Brendon said. I smirked and Kate kissed me again just to make Brendon shudder. "Seriously! It's weird seeing my sister and best friend kissing! Imagine if I started kissing Dani."

"OK, that's just weird. Since Dani is like four years younger than us," I replied, horrified by the image of Dani and Brendon together. An image of my uncaring dad and his clueless new...girlfriend? I had no idea what she was to him, but I knew that she could never replace my mother, even if I never knew my mom.

"You get the picture though," Brendon said. I shrugged and we went back to watching cartoons, me and Kate holding hands and cuddled up together still.

The doorbell rang, and we all jumped, nervous. Spencer's mom opened the door, trembling a little. This was it. Pete Wentz was really here to hear us play. He walked into the living room and looked at the TV.

"Ooh, I love Teen Titans," he said, looking at the TV. We all snapped our heads and looked at the TV, which was still on. Spencer fumbled with the remote and turned it off.

"Sorry, we forgot it was on," Spence said shakily.

"So who's who?" Pete asked, looking just as nervous as the rest of us.

"I'm Ryan," I said, surprisingly calmly. I stuck out my hand and Pete gripped it firmly, smiling at me.

"Brendon." Another handshake.

"Spencer." Handshake.

"Brent." Friendly smile. Brent was too far away for Pete to reach, and Brent's hands were stuck in his pockets.

"Who's this?" Pete asked, turning towards Kate, who was still clutching my hand.

"I'm Kate," she said, blushing. I squeezed her hand and she smiled a bit, squeezing back.

"Let's go out to the garage, all the stuff's out there," Spencer said awkwardly. We all filed out there, but Kate held me back a little.

"You guys go on. It's your thing, not mine," she mumbled. I shook my head.

"No way. You've been with us from the start. Don't you want to see us finish?" I asked. She smiled a bit but shook her head.

"You guys need to do this step without me. I can't always be there for you," she whispered.

"You coming, Ryan?" I heard Pete say from the doorway. I looked back at Kate imploringly, but she just gave me a wonderful kiss and pushed me towards the door.

That's when I knew it would all fall apart.
***
A/N: I'm back. I suck for not updating, I know. Hopefully this makes up for it. Review pleaseeeeee. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story