Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Crack Of Night, The Death Of Dawn

Chapter four

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

"Brendon almost got her. I don't think William told him."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-10-11 - Updated: 2007-10-12 - 540 words

0Unrated
Imagine an old, dirty, beaten up bookstore. It’s dimly lit and smells musty. Even in the poor light, I could see cobwebs growing in the corners. And there was something incredibly unpleasant crawling all over my shoes. That’s where he lives. Although he had told me it was not really a bookstore, it was their headquarters. They had made it look deserted from the outside but set up a little “house” on the inside. Who could live in such a dusty place? My uncertainties were cleared soon enough. Three men walked out from different parts of the store. One looked a lot like Jesus is portrayed. Glancing at his arms, anyone might think there was some quickly spreading disease growing on them. But looking closer, I realized they were tattoos. The man standing in the middle had brown curly hair. He looked a bit sleepy. The last one was short, plump, and very friendly looking. His expression completely changed when he saw me.

“Pete, what are you thinking? You can’t bring her in here!”

“Too late, Patrick. She saw my fangs and I couldn’t risk her calling the police. So I had to tell her. And then William saw her. He knows what she looks like now. We have to keep her here until that son of a gun has been stabbed.”

“What?!” I squeaked.

They carried on, not paying attention to me.

“William? Did he find out where we’re staying?” Jesus asked.

“Of course not. I’m not stupid! Oh but Brendon almost got her. I don’t think William told him,” said Peter.

“Told him what?” I inquired.

They ignored me again.

“But does she really have to stay here?” Curly top sounded as if he would hate that.

I gave him a glare which, of course, nobody noticed.

“She has to, it’s not like we have a choice,” Patrick, the chubby one, said matter-of-factly.

Peter nodded, “Yes...but she’s off limits. No one’s allowed to lay a finger on her except me.”

“Who made you boss?” Jesus asked with annoyance.

Peter growled, “I don’t think you want me to turn against you Andy. I suggest you listen to what I say.”

Andy/Jesus gulped.

“WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT’S GOING ON?!” I shouted.

All eyes fell on me. I blushed, not wanting the attention anymore. Peter moved closer to me.

“Okay, Evangeline. William and his vampire dandies are out to get you for a reason which I can’t reveal yet. Me and my friends are vampire hunters so we have to protect you. Got it?”

“Yeah...but wait. Aren’t you a vampire too? How come you’re not working for William?”

His expression hardened, “I never worked for William and I plan to keep it that way. Just because I’m a vampire doesn’t mean I’ll participate in his little...games,” there was an uncomfortable silence before he went on, “No more questions. Joe, show her to my bedroom.”

Joe (AKA Curly Top) saluted and gestured for me to follow him. He led me to a room in the back of the store. I almost instantly fell asleep when I hit the bed.
Sign up to rate and review this story