Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Alice

I Want Your Love

by meeniemoe 3 reviews

Brendon takes Alice out to dinner...Is this what Alice really wants? Will Brendon get what he expected? More? Less? (Dun dun dun...)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-10-13 - Updated: 2007-10-13 - 2617 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four:
I Want Your Love

“I’ve booked dinner for us tonight, darling.” A sing-song voice reverberated from the bathroom. Alice was sitting atop a very lazy Spencer and an aching Ryan. In response to the melodic voice from the bathroom, Alice craned her neck to peek at Brendon’s head. She then groaned, and felt her forehead with the back of her hand, only to say, “Brendon…why didn’t you tell me? Then I would’ve at least attempted to look half decent…And since when did you start calling me ‘darling’?”

Spencer, who was plugged into his iPod (new and advanced technology was aware as to what mood you were in, and therefore picked a song according to your mood), managed to say very loudly, “I think you look great Alice!! What’s wrong with your outfit??”

Ryan slurred, “Shut up, Spence.” and pulled out the iPod earplugs. Spencer looked very annoyed until he saw Ryan’s face. “Oh, was I shouting again?” Spencer asked Ryan in an abashed manner. Ryan only nodded silently before he rolled his eyes.

As Alice rolled off of them and onto the floor, Brendon strolled out from the bathroom and said, “We can go back so you can change or something. Nothing too fancy…I mean, I’m just wearing this.” He took a lint roller out from his jacket pocket, and consequently rolled the sticky object all over his pants. Alice winced before she pointed out weakly: “Brendon, that’s a suit. You know I absolutely despise dressing up…Besides, anything close to formal attire is practically non-existent in my closet!”

Ryan jumped in to ask, “Can’t Diana help get you something to wear?”

Alice looked at Ryan as if he just told everyone that the substitute of toilet paper rolls was now cardboard. “Ry, do you even know what size she is? She’s even skinnier than me!”

“/I/ know what size Diana is!” Another voice echoed excitedly from the bathroom. Everyone gawked at a happy Jon, skipping his way out, also dressed in a suit. It wasn’t as nice as Brendon’s, but he looked pretty slick. Ryan, agape, blurted out, “/You/ know her dress size? Since when have you even bothered to get to know a girl’s dress size, Jon?”

Jon shrugged, tightened his tie, and mumbled, “Well, I mean…her house…I…we…it happened…yeah.”

Silence.

“Jon, I don’t even want to know what the fuck happ—“

“If you tell us what occurred that night, I swear to god I’ll…”

“Jeez, do we really need to…?”

“I’m going home to change, alright?” Alice asked over the large argument the boys were having. Since none of them heard, she quietly exited the room—backstage of a small venue they played at that night. (“The show is just for kicks, nothing very formal or anything.” as Ryan mentioned to Alice before the show.)

It didn’t take long for someone to point out, “Where’d Alice go?”

Brendon swore, “Mother—“

“Beep!”

“…Er.” Brendon finished and narrowed his eyes at a now “Beep!”ing Spencer. Spencer only grinned and winked at Brendon before he grabbed his car keys and left.

*
“Wait, you knew we were going out tonight?”

“Yup.” Diana answered for the 487th time to the 487th time Alice addressed the same question. Alice groaned and bitched that she had “nothing to wear”, despite the obvious fact that she had enough clothes to dress the whole of Africa. Diana was overcome with the immense amount of complaining, so she stopped the whining by thrusting a box into Alice’s hands.

Alice stumbled to the floor because she didn’t see the box coming her way. Alice glanced down at the box before she shot a questioning look at Diana. When she realized Diana’s eyes bore into hers, She cleared her throat a little before she asked, “What’s this?”

Diana let out a sigh, then, a response: “Well, long story short, I got this for you. It was supposed to be your Christmas present, but since you’ve bitched and moaned about this for the past forty five minutes, and since Brendon will come and knock down this door in the next ten minutes, I think you should just open it now.”

Before Alice could utter a response, or a mere “thank you”, Diana slunk away in all her black-taffeta-gowned glory.

Brendon, on the other hand, was tapping his foot, counting down the seconds. How long did Dad tell him women took to dress up? Forever. But apparently, it was “all supposed to be worth it in the end”. I am really beginning to regret this… He thought to himself silently. Diana and Jon were already on the opposite couch, laughing and conversing mysteriously. In all seriousness, Brendon didn’t even want to have the slightest hint as to what his band mate was trying to “demonstrate” to the girl.

He supposed that as long as it didn’t include something like a bagel and a sausage, he wouldn’t lose his appetite for dinner.
The door creaked open. The suspense killed Brendon in every way. I really hate these moments, he thought to himself. It’s probably the most clichéd and cheesiest moment ever…in every book, magazine, and story you’ve ever heard of, there’s always ‘the moment’ when the girl comes out of her room, and…whoa. They weren’t kidding.

Alice stepped down into the foyer with a tremendous amount of grace. Brendon’s jaw slacked, and he could feel the drool accumulating in his mouth. Holy…

In a floor-length gown, Alice wore a very Padme-Amidala-esque dress that had pearl beaded straps—three on each arm—and stilettos to match. Her dress was like a sunset, only from pale powder blue to dark, midnight blue at the hem of her dress. Alice’s hair probably was the most casually styled part of her body. It was in a simple bun, with two pretty faux pearl pins to keep it in.

Aside from the fact that she was absolutely, jaw-droppingly gorgeous, Brendon noted that the girl seemed rather cold. She was trembling, and goose bumps began to make its appearance on her shoulders. Immediately, suave Brendon stepped forward to offer her his jacket.

It didn’t take long for one stunned man and one shivering (but stunning) girl to step out of the foyer into the cool night. It took the other (preoccupied) couple a little longer to emerge from the place, and even then, they were still a little bit more than disheveled…

*
“Steak for me. What would you like?” Brendon asked Alice slowly, his hand covering the top of hers. Alice, who was spacing out, zoned back in. She blinked, and mumbled something along the lines of, “Uh…whatever you’re having, Brendon.”

After Brendon sent the waiter away, an awkward silence fell over the table. Jon and Diana were sitting at a different table, farther up, and closer to the front window. Brendon was told (by Jon) that since more fans seemed to recognize Brendon, Brendon should try to be more incognito than Jon.

To which, of course, Brendon responded with a, “Whatever”.

But Jon got his way. Like he usually did, the idiot. Brendon snorted at his friend’s new behavior around Diana. The pair were giggling, and generally, enjoying themselves. Everything that him and Alice weren’t…doing.

Alice sighed, and swiveled the white wine in her glass before she looked up at Brendon to inquire, “Why are we here, Brendon? We should’ve just stopped at a drive-thru and ate at home. You know we’re total junkies-on-the-couch-with-a-Blockbuster-movie—“

Brendon felt antsy. He ran a hand through his hair—bad idea, since part of it was hairsprayed and gelled in—before he excused himself to use the bathroom. Alice looked alarmed, as if Brendon was asking to throw himself off a cliff.

After Brendon entered the men’s room, he splashed his face with cold, cold water. He didn’t think anyone was there. In some sort of mantra, he murmured to himself in the mirror. Again. And again. And ag—

“Excuse me, are you okay?” A gravelly voice echoed loudly in the bathroom. Brendon frowned. Something wasn’t right. Again. As he turned around, it hit him as to what was so wrong…

“Excuse me, you know you’re in the women’s room?”

“Yes, yes…sorry…I apologize…I…um…I’ll get going.” Brendon fumbled, and tried his best to remain composed as he started to quickly walk out. The woman then suddenly yelled, “Be a man!”

Brendon quirked an eyebrow, chuckled to himself, and walked out—but not before the woman yelled again, “Do the right thing!”

At this point, Brendon had the ebbing feeling that this old woman needed to be punched in the face. I mean, what the fuck? The lady first tells me I’m in the wrong bathrooms. Which is true. And then she wants to tell me about life’s lessons? Thank you very much, but I’ve successfully screwed my life over many times already…and I don’t need advice on how to fix it, since I’ve accomplished that, too. The woman was insane. Now Brendon ran out the door.

Alice stared at the breadbasket. The bread looked halfway decent, but she felt queasy. Something didn’t sit right with her. Brendon had brought her here for a reason/. And he was acting pretty /strange/. He wasn’t even /talking for Christ’s sake.

It’s so clichéd! This is the perfect setting for someone to propose…but at the moment, it doesn’t look like he’s going to propose…He’s so anxious, he’s not talking to me, and he’s not usually like this! Why am I falling apart? I’m a mess! I should just go and use the bathrooms… Alice looked up, and found Brendon sitting back in his seat. No bathroom field trip then…

Brendon suddenly whipped out a piece of paper and—yes, you think adults are too old for this?—a crimson red crayon. Alice cocked her head to the side. Paper and a crayon. She knew Brendon was immature at times, but this…? At a very expensive restaurant, nonetheless? She stole a glance at Jon and Diana’s table. They were looking at them! Alice was about to mouth, “What the hell’s going on?” But they turned away too quickly. Too quickly for their own good…

Something was going on, and only Alice didn’t know what it was. And it was pissing her off.

By the time Alice had stopped her musings, she saw Brendon’s fabulous production of fourteen dashes and the start of a noose.

*(Like this: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _)*

Hangman? Now?

“Brendon, you’ve got to be joking. Hangman? It’s not really that eloquent at a place like…here.” Alice chastised Brendon like a small child. Brendon shifted his weight nervously, nodded, and murmured something about it was important, just play.

So the time passed pretty quickly, but Alice only managed to fill in the following:

_ i _ _ _ o u _ a _ _ _ _ e

She wasn’t in the mood for mind games. But Brendon was, apparently. He continued to egg her on, to hurry up, to try and think a little harder. The pressure nearly made Alice get up and leave, but Brendon insisted upon her staying a little longer.

Finally, the waiter passed by to serve them their entrees. He first gave Alice her steak, then Brendon’s. But directly before he placed Brendon’s plate in front of him, he uttered, in a low voice, reading what he imagined to be on the dashes on the piece of paper, “Will…you…marry me?” The waiter asked pointedly. He stared at Alice. Alice frowned, before she snapped, “I have a boyfriend, thanks.”

Brendon stared at the waiter and Alice in horror. He wanted to shout at the waiter, but he figured it was too…late.

Instead, Brendon threw a nasty glance his way. The waiter scampered off, but Alice was still left confused. She was chewing on a piece of steak, still musing aloud, “You know Brendon, I really don’t think I get the hangman thing. I was never good with that game as a child, and—“

“Alice.”

“Yeah?”

“You know…um…I wasn’t joking.”

“Wasn’t joking about what?” Alice snapped again. She was getting testy. Brendon was treading on thin ice. He bit his tongue, and decided to go through with it anyways. Slowly, he removed his napkin from his lap, and walked over to Alice’s side of the table.

Alice felt only partially conscious as to what was going to occur before her very eyes. A part of her screamed, No! Not yet! It’s too early! I can’t handle it! while another part of her voiced, Yes! I told you so! He doesn’t want to break up with you!

“Alice…Michele…Bolton. I know…technically, we haven’t actually been together that long.” He bent down on one knee. Holy shit, he really means it. He’s getting down on one knee and everything!

“I’m really sorry about how awkward it was tonight…hopefully it won’t be after this, but…” Brendon opened up the small velvet-y box that was tucked into his tux. It was a small box. He opened the lid, and a small ring with a small diamond came into view. Alice gasped audibly, and covered her mouth with her hand. She couldn’t emit a sound. She felt silenced, muted—like all of a sudden, Brendon was the remote control, and she was the television.

Brendon felt afraid. He wasn’t getting a response from this woman he loved. The fiery passion in his throat was escaping from him. It was all a twisted version of what he imagined it to be…he opened the box, she screamed, hugged him, said yes…they cried together, happily engaged, but…

“Al…Alice?” Brendon gulped, now on the verge of tears.

Alice gave one final small gasp before she felt the sobs drown out her thoughts. She thought she wailed so loudly, the manager would personally escort her out of the restaurant. Instead, the people at the nearby tables looked on. (Including the old lady with the weird advice to Brendon in the ladies’ room.)

“Alice…Alice, please respond. I need you to say something. Please, anything. Preferably ‘yes’.” Brendon started to tear up as well, not because he was excited, but because he was overcome with disappointment as well as fear.

Fear and insecurity that she would say no.

Brendon was right in one aspect. Alice had made her decision.

A/N: Apologies if this chapter was slightly spastic, it hit me how to write this chapter one night, and I ended up writing it from 1-3 AM in the morning. Then, I was supposed to update last night, but I conked out (from lack of sleep, I suppose...) and so...here we are, it's 10:27 AM where I'm at, and I'm now posting. If there are any grammatical or weird-assed mistakes...well, me at 3 AM in the morning, like I said.
I haven't been around at ALL lately, so I'd like to give a big big big SHOUTOUT to all of my reviewers/readers. I see all the times my chapters get read, but I only see three or four reviews. Did you like my chapter? Review! =)
(Hint hint: You'll get your chapters updated sooner if you review more. ;) )
Sign up to rate and review this story