Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lie Once You Break My Heart, Lie Twice I Break You In Half

Another Day She's Gone, But Maybe Not Forever

by FreakOfNature 3 reviews

One more night, one more time.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-10-15 - Updated: 2007-10-16 - 610 words - Complete

0Unrated
The next week, Kate finally agreed to go with Pete to find a job for herself. It had been two weeks with him paying for everything for her, and he was tired of it. She simply decided to do so since she knew everyone in the house was getting tired of her lazyness.
Kate and Pete went downstairs to the kitchen. Once Pete put on his shoes, he grabbed his sweatshirt and waited for Kate to get ready.

While putting on her shoes she stopped. "Hey Pete, can you run upstairs and grab my coat?"

Pete nodded. "Sure. Be right back."

He ran up the stairs and into her bedroom. He looked all around the room. Under the bed, in the closet, under the bookcase, on top of the shelves. He finally decided to check her dresser drawers just in case she misplaced it.

Opening the first drawer, all he found were her T-shirts laying unorganized next to eachother. Then, was the next drawer, which was only filled with random junk and trinkets.

Last but not least was the final drawer. He opened it, and began digging through her clothes. When he hit the bottom, he found something else; a small plastic bag filled with pills, and a couple of needles.

Pete stopped all movement, and almost all breathing. He grabbed the small bag and examined it carefully. This was deffinately alot more than a doctor would prescribe, to any patient. So, the only explanation was.....

Well, he didn't want to think about it. It was simply not something one would like to think about. But, there was the evidence, right in front of him. A bag of pills, and a couple of needles. Had she really sunk so low?

"Pete, did you fin-" Kate stopped at the door.

Pete paused for a moment, still not knowing what to say to her.

"Where did, I mean, why did you..."

Kate pushed Pete aside and closed the drawer. She turned around and looked at him.

"Pete, it's not what you think."

Pete shook his head. "Why are you doing this to yourself?"

"Pete, i have a problem. I've been trying to stop, really i have. I need help."

Pete stood up and took a few steps back. "I-I need to think about things."

"Think about what Pete? Your not going to kick me out are you?" She pleaded.

"I just need to think. I'll be home later." He walked out of the room and went down to the kitchen, grabbing his car keys. He got into his car, and drove.

He wasn't sure where he was going to go, but anywhere but home was fine. So many things were happening, all to fast. First Kate moves in unexpectedly, and now he finds that shes doing drugs.

He drove down endless roads for what seemed like hours, all while trying to clear his head. He finally stopped after circling the block for his third time, and parked on a the street corner. Pulling out his cell phone, he dialed his home number.

It rang twice before being answered.

"Hello?" It was Joe.

"Hey Joe, it's Pete."

"Hey Pete, where'd you go?"

"Nowhere special. Can I talk to Kate?"

Joe paused, "Hey Andy! Have you seen Kate anywhere?"

Pete waited for Joe's reply.

"Sorry buddie, she's not here right now."

"What? Well, where did she go?"

"Hmm, i don't know. She left a few hours ago." Joe lisped.

"Did she say where she was going?" Pete asked as worry sunk in.

"Nope." Joe replied

"Ok thanks." Pete hung up the phone and began to drive.

Hopefully she hadn't gone and done something stupid.
Sign up to rate and review this story