Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Nobody Said It Was Easy...

Part 9

by x_Charlie_x 3 reviews

Part 9. I did proof read but I also had a headache so there may be some mistakes in there. My apologies...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-10-22 - Updated: 2007-10-22 - 2229 words - Complete

0Unrated
F*ck off huge chapter. No further introduction needed. =)

***************

Part 9
Amy’s POV- ‘The sun will rise, even if you don’t happen to be there.’
I try to compose myself as best as possible before opening the door to greet Tom. “Come in.” I say, leading him to the Living Room. I put Linkin Park on mute and turn away from the TV to see him looking awkward on the sofa. I sit on one of the chairs. He hasn’t taken his shoes or coat off. I take this as a bad sign.
“Amy I was thinking last night and I don’t think we’re working out.” He looks upset at even having this conversation and it warms my heart a little.
“You don’t think we should be together anymore?” Even though I’m not surprised the words still come out a bit wobbly.
“I… I guess not… I’m sorry.” He looks down and I see tears pooling in his bright blue eyes.
“Why?” I say, looking down at my own feet, not daring to look at him in case I cry too.
“You’re just… you’re not over Frank and I feel like a bit of a plonker to be honest.”
“What?” His answer shocks me into looking up. I was expecting it to be about his cyber girl.
“I don’t want to hang around for God knows how long waiting to be dumped so you can get back with Frank.”
“That’s not going to happen. Why are you doing this?”
“It will. Stop lying.”
“Oh this has nothing to do with you’re little internet friend has it? It’s all my fault really. Nothing to do with you sneaking behind my back with some girl you’ve never even met.”
“It’s not like that.”
“So you’re not going to be asking her out anytime soon then?”
“Well I might now I’m single.”
“Yeah. It’s handy that isn’t it?”
“Don’t make me out to be an ars*hole.”
“Don’t make me out to be the bad guy!”
“Why does it always have to be good and bad guys with you? Why can’t you just accept that we didn’t work out? I have and I was the only one that really wanted us to.”
“I wanted it to work out.” I say evenly.
“So that you could make Frank jealous for a bit longer?”
“No. It wasn’t like that-“
“You just used me to your advantage when the opportunity arose and thought about it later?”
“No! Tom please. We can work it out.”
“I don’t want to. I realised that last night.”
“What while you were talking to your new girlfriend?”
“Yes as a matter of fact.”
“Funny that, I can’t imagine her being biased at all.”
“Just shut up Amy!” I shut up. I look up at him with wide, tear filled eyes. I blink and let the tears spill over the lids. “I’m sorry.” He says quietly but doesn’t come over to comfort me.
“For what?”
“Shouting.”
“Me too.”
“I just can’t do this anymore. Being around you brings me down. I don’t think we should see each other for a while.”
“Leave then.”
He does.
I pull my phone out of my pocket and scroll through the numbers. So many names but no-one I can call to just come and sit with me as I try to figure out my emotions. Bob, Charli and Mikey- all in exams.
Amanda- just not that sort of friend.
Emily- my life story would be all over the internet by tea time.
Frank-…. My thumb hesitates before pressing dial with a certainty that astonishes me.
“Hello?”
“Hey it’s me, Amy.”
“Oh right hey. Is everything Ok?” He sounds concerned.
“Not really. Me and Tom just broke up. I’d talk to Bob or Charli but they’re in an exam…”
“You want me to come over?”
“If you don’t mind… don’t like get the wrong idea or anything though…”
“I’m not that stupid.” He replies kindly. We hang up and I wait for him to arrive. I have my friends, I don’t need Tom.

Frank’s POV- ‘I wanna hold you bad’
Ok so I am that stupid and I couldn’t help but jump to conclusions when she invited me round right after her and Tom broke up but I know different now. I won’t try anything I’ll just be a good friend. It’s what she needs tight now and I want to be there for her.
I’m on my bike as it’s quicker. I dump it in her front garden and knock on the door. They have a doorbell but we never use it. There’s probably a reason why but I can’t remember it.
“Hey.” I greet her when she answers the door. She doesn’t look as bad as I’m expecting. You can tell she’d been crying at some point but the tears weren’t freshly dried. As usual I follow her through to the living room.
“I don’t know what you want to do?” She shrugs, taking a seat on one of the comfy chairs. “We could put a movie on or something?”
“We could talk?”
“How about we do both?” I agree and she leaves me to pick a film while she gets snacks and drinks. “Bob will be back in about an hour and a half. I’m not sure if anyone’s coming home with him though. He said I could hang out with you lot but I dunno who he meant would be there…” She trails off as she walks back into the room balancing two cups, a bottle of diet coke and two bowls of snacks in her arms.
“Oh cool. Gerard’s got an interview today so I don’t think he’s meeting up.” I inform her, revelling in the normality of the conversation and the ease with which we’re having it.
“What have you chosen?” She asks as the DVD starts up. She goes to sit back down in her chairs but changes her mind and joins me on the sofa. “It makes it easier for us to share the munch.” She explains through a mouthful of Doritos.
“Cool. Erm, I thought I’d see if I could sit through ’10 things I hate about you’ with out ruining my life at the end of it. If that’s cool with you?”
“Sure. I love this film. Nothing could ruin it. Even you.” She says with a smile.
“Good.” I reply out loud to her. “I fuck up just about every thing else.” I mumble to myself. For a split second I think she understands me as I see a flicker of concern clouding her face but then the film starts and she’s concentrating on that instead.
She cries again at the poem and the bit where all the deception and such is revealed. If I’m honest I get a bit chocked up but only because I’m imagining Amy as the girl in the film.
“So… do you still hate me?” I ask Amy as I finish the last remaining Doritos and she puts the film away.
“Well.” She grins cheekily before carrying on. “I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car, I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick, it even makes me rhyme! I hate the way you’re always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you’re not around and the fact that you didn’t call. But mostly I hate the fact that I don’t hate you, not even a little bit, not even at all.” She quotes perfectly from the film.
“Very clever.” I say with a smirk.
“I know.” She agrees and picks up the two bowls that had once held crisps and popcorn, our glasses and leads the way down the hall to the kitchen. Bob is sat at the table with a textbook full of symbols I don’t understand.
“Last exam tomorrow.” He informs us, looking up for a second.
“Mine’s Wednesday.”
“I’ve had mine.” I add cheerfully although really I felt bad for them and didn’t want to rub it in their faces.
“Lucky you.” Bob says turning back to his studies.
“Is anyone coming over today?” Amy asks him.
“Just Charli. I told her about Tom and she said she’d come see you. Oh and she said thanks for your advice yesterday. Not quite sure what she meant by that but I’m sure she’ll explain if you want her to.” He turns to his book again and we leave him in peace.
After nearly half an hour of the game ‘Kill, kiss, marry’ Charli arrives and if she’s surprised to see me hanging out alone with Amy she hides it well.
“How are you?” She asks Amy. I feel distinctly out of place but then again I had taken part in the all important chick flick watching stage of recovery so I’m sure it’s Ok for me to be here now.
“I’m alright actually. I mean at first it sucked. The tw*t tried to blame it on me. Apparently it had nothing to do with his cyber friend and it was all my fault because I was blatantly not over Frank and was about to ride away with him into the sunset at any second.” The girls laugh but I stay quiet wondering why the idea of riding into the sunset with me was so funny.
“I didn’t realise you knew about the internet stuff.”
“Yeah… well I kind of heard Frank talking about it on the cinema. You guys could have told me you know…” I think I turn about 5 different shades of red in 3 seconds.
“Sorry.”
“Don’t be. It’s not your fault he’s a scumbag.”
“Man you really are into this ‘don’t get upset get angry’ stuff aren’t you?”
I remember overhearing a conversation between the two of them where Amy had decided that in all future relationships she would get angry and get even rather than getting depressed when the relationship ends.
“No. He just p*ssed me off a lot.”
“What did he do? Other than try and pin the blame on you I mean.”
“Apparently just my mere presence brings him down and he doesn’t think we should see each other for a while.”
“Nice.”
“Yeah. So I told him he should probably leave then and he did.”
I’ve remained mainly silent through the whole conversation and I’ve convinced myself that they’ve forgotten I’m even here so it makes me jump when Charli talks to me.
“Mikey tells me you’re not aloud to go to the prom?”
“Nah…” I reply. I was slightly disappointed but there would be parties to go to instead.
“How come?” Amy asks me. She actually looks disappointed.
“Not enough attendance to earn myself a ticket.”
“Oh right. Makes sense.” She replies with a smile.
“Are you going?”
“Hell yeah! I got my shoes the other day, eventually, and my bag and jewellery. Thank God for New Look and Asda!”
“You’re one classy lady.” Charli jokes.
“Aren’t I just?”
“You got a date yet?” Charli asks her and my stomach does a weird back flip type thing in cannon with my heart.
“Well… I was supposed to be going with Tom but that’s obviously not going to happen anymore. All the guys are taken now.”
“Who needs guys anyway?” I say randomly trying my best to do the girly support thing.
“You know Amy, he learns fast. If he had a wig and a comforting bar of Galaxy he could pass off as a girl.”
They laugh again and I laugh with them although I don’t get the Galaxy thing at all.
It starts getting late and Charli goes home as she has a day of revision on front of her tomorrow and I make a move once my stomach starts rumbling too loud and too often to bare.
“Well I’ll see you later then.” Amy says as she sees me off at the door.
“Yeah.” I reply. This was one hell of an awkward moment.
“Frank?”
“Uh-huh?”
“What did you think that day you found out about my Dad?”
“That I had to get the hell out of there quick and that I was in way too deep. Then that I had to look after you because it was obvious then that no one but Bob did.”
“Thank you. For being honest.”
“It’s alright.” I hug her good bye and leave. I will the cool evening air to wash away the lust and need for her that had been building since I heard her voice on the phone.
Sign up to rate and review this story