Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > seizeMANNEQUIN

"Screw everybody else."

by OhSoIntricateLie 0 reviews

“Yeah you know what Madeline, why don’t you just go remove the stick that’s up your ass and leave me alone,” Pepper retorted already in a bad mood, “Plus your shift’s over. You can go n...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2007-10-23 - Updated: 2007-10-23 - 905 words

0Unrated
Pepper pulled open the front door and walked inside instantly taking off her jacket due to the building's warmth.

Stuffing the coat inside her bag she continued on her way to her first class which was Music Performance.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After attending 'Performance' Pepper attended hers and Izzy's Creative Writing 2, Mythology, and Writing for Publication classes with the latter ending her academic day.

Looking at her watch it read 3:30. Since she had didn't have a lot of time before she had to be at work, Pepper decided to go ahead and wait for the bus and attempt to get there early.

As she started to walk out of the door she was stopped by her favorite professor,Prof. Jenkins. Prof. Jenkin's is a self-proclaimed "cynical ex-hippie now working for the establishment."

Taking one look at him with his now graying long hair pulled back into a ponytail and rusting peace sign necklace you actually had to agree with him.

"Ms. Wright. Pepper. I'd like to talk to you about your paper.The one about the connection between rock songs and our society today. Very well written.I'm very impressed with the way you incorporated various lyrics from mainstream bands and 'seizeMANNQUIN' to illustrate your point."

Pepper looked at her professor with a look of shock.

Catching her look, Prof. Jenkin's smiled.

"Your surprised I found you and told you this. Is it because of my reputation as on of the tougher
professors?"

"Uh," Pepper started, "Ish."

Prof. Jenkin's laughed, "Ah well. Pepper I think you'll go far once you graduate if you keep with your writing. But enough of the compliments, I must let you go. I think I'm keeping you from heading
to you job and I don't think missing the bus will help."

"Uh yeah. Um thank you," Pepper said as she turned back towards the door.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepper had barely even got to the bus stop when the bus arrived. Once the driver had let people
off, Pepper started up the steps and swiped her pass.

It didn't take. Trying several more times, the pass still wouldn't take.
Pepper looked at the bus driver pleadingly. Shrugging his shoulder he shook his head.

"I'm sorry miss. But if it won't read you'll have to get off."

"But I ride this bus everyday! Can't you like let me ride for now? Plus it took this morning,so why
not now,"Pepper demanded.

Sighing the bus driver shook his head.

"I'm sorry but you'll have to get off. Your holding everybody else up."

"Screw everybody else,"Pepper muttered as she went back down the steps and took off towards Pizza
Hut which was only a little over a quarter of a mile away.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a little after 3:50 when in through the front doors burst Pepper. Out of breath and
red-faced she made her way towards the bathroom past the curious faces of customers and servers.

One server, Madeline, rolled her eyes as Pepper passed though. "God, one day she's gonna come in late and get herself fired and I'll be praising the Lord," Madeline said under her breath.

Shortly after this remark Pepper appeared, now wearing her Pizza Hit polo under her MCR jacket. She
walked around the counter and started looking for a pad of paper.

Bending down she looked in the
cabinet. Finding one she closed the door and stood up. Just as she had the phone rang.

Without missing a beat Pepper picked up the pencil and answered the phone.

"Hello. Pizza Hut. How may I help you?"

"Pep?," came a groggy voice on the other line.

Quizzically raising an eyebrow Pepper tentatively answered.

"Mason?"

"Yeah hey I can't come in today. I think I've got the flu," Mason said and as if to confirm this
gave a nasty cough.

"Oh not you too. Izzy's sick also. Ok, well I'll let you go. Get you some soup. Drink liquids. Get
better please. Yeah ok, love you and I'll tell Iz you said the same. Bye."

Pepper hung up the phone and shook her head. Picking up the pad of paper she made a note to 3rd
shift's manager that Izzy and Mason were both sick and couldn't work.

Just as she signed her name
and placed the note on the bulletin board, Madeline walked up.

"You know Wright, your not supposed to be making or taking personal calls on this phone.
That's what your cell phone's for. I mean weren't you warned before? I'd hate for you to get fired or something just because you couldn't follow something that simple," the girl said.

"Yeah you know what Madeline, why don't you just go remove the stick that's up your ass and leave me
alone," Pepper retorted already in a bad mood, "Plus your shift's over. You can go now."

Pepper motioned at the large digital clock above her head that read '4:01'.

"Ugh what a bitch,"Madeline said as she clocked out.

"Yeah you know what that's 'Miss Bitch' to you,"Pepper called out.

"Pepper," someone said in a warning tone.

Looking towards the door Pepper flinched slightly.

"Sorry Marty, but she started it. Oh and Mason and Izzy called in sick. They've got the flu."

Marty, the 3rd shift manager, sighed.

"Ok, Thanks Pepper. Just be careful with your mouth. Hear?"

"Yeah I hear," Pepper replied as she tied her apron around her waist and made sure she had some
loose change.
Sign up to rate and review this story