Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lie Once You Break My Heart, Lie Twice I Break You In Half

The Waiting Room

by FreakOfNature 3 reviews

Even a heart transplant wouldn't show you how I feel.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-10-28 - Updated: 2007-10-28 - 785 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pete ran through the crowd of people, leaving the police officer far behind him. The only thing he could see was Kate. He could tell she was hurt. He ran as fast as he could to get to her.
It seemed more and more people were coming into the crowded area. And there were soon many people swarming onto the streets. Many people were coming out of their homes to see what all the commotion was about.
Soon, the press would be there, badgering the police officer's and eye witnesses, asking questions and then adding their own twist's to the story so that eventually it would be farthest from the truth.

Pete managed to get closer to the ambulence. Almost as soon as he reached her, the ambulence doors closed, and the vehicle drove away; lights flashing. He swirved around through the crowd and ran towards his car. He jumped in and sped down the road, until eventually catching up the ambulence.
He followed it miles down the road. Pulling out his cell phone, he called the house, hoping to get a hold of someone.

It rang twice. "Hello?"

"Andy, it's Pete. Theres been a huge accident on the other side of town, and i'm driving to the hospital."

"Pete, are you alright? What happend? You didn't get shot did you?"

"No, i'ts not me. Somethings wrong with Kate. I'm following the ambulence right now. Call Patrick and meet me at St.Caroline's hospital as soon as you can get here."

"Ok man. We'll be right over."

Pete hung up his phone and continued his journey to the hospital. It was starting to feel like the slowest ride of his life, which he wanted to end as soon as possible. His heart was racing at what seemed like the speed of light, and it wasn't slowing down anytime soon. He would feel better once he knew that she was safe.

When he finally pulled into the parking lot, he jumped out of the car and ran towards the parked ambulence. He saw them from a distance, pulling out a stretcher with a girl on it. He didn't want to think it, but he knew it was her. This only made his run faster.

He caught up to the medical crew as they went through the building doors. He managed to see past them, and find himself looking straight at her. She was strapped down on the stretcher, blood covering her chest. Her eyes were closed, as if she was in a deep sleep.

"Is she going to be ok?" He asked as he tried to hold back the tears.

"Are you family sir?" One of the doctors asked.

Pete thought for a moment. Sure, if that ment telling him what had happened. "Yes." He lied.

"Ok. She's been shot in the chest and there is a massive amount of bloodloss. We're gonna have to get her into the emergency room soon if she's gonna make it."

Those words hurt his ears. If shes gonna "Make it". What is that all sopossed to mean? No one has ever told him something like that before. He's never known anyone that had been shot before, or not able to "make it". There's no way she couldn't make it. It's not like she was shot in the heart or anything as serious as that.

"What do you mean, make it? She's gonna be fine isn't she? Right?" Pete continued as he followed them down the dimly lit hallway.

"We don't know yet sir. If you tell me your name we will call you when we find out."

Pete could feel the tears sting his eyes. "My name is Pete and i'm not leaving. I'm staying right here. She needs me."

The Doctor's wheeled the stretcher into a small dimly lit room. Before Pete could go in too, a doctor stood in front of him.

"Sir, i am afraid we can't let you go in while we operate. Please go wait out in the waiting room."

"No! I can't just sit while she's in there. I need to be there for her." Pete tried to get through the doors while the doctor blocked him.

"Security!" The doctor called out.

Luckily, Joe, Pat and Andy ran down the hallway.

"Pete, c'mon lets go." Andy said, grabbing his arm and pulling him away from the door.

"No, Andy. She needs me." Pete balled.

"Pete, stop. Theres nothing you can do for her. Just let the doctors work." Joe said.

Andy, Joe and Patrick grabbed be and pulled him away from the door. They finally set him down after he had stopped struggling. They all sat quietly in the room, waiting for answers.
Sign up to rate and review this story