Categories > Original > Romance > River Phoenix the Vampire King

River's tomb

by IlovetheCoreys 0 reviews

Rain Phoenix is haunted by her big brother River. It escalates when she visits his tomb one night....

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2007-11-01 - Updated: 2007-11-02 - 398 words

0Unrated
It was nighttime. Rain Phoenix was walking towards her brother's tomb.
Soon she came to a stone slab across from the tomb's entrance. She felt a bit weak, so she sat down. Luckily she felt no coldness.
She lay down on it, feeling the stone under her back, and looked at the stars. She thought they looked beautiful. But then she remembered...

Flashback - October 31, 1993

"River! Oh, River!" Rain screamed out.

Her brother lay on the pavement, his eyes open but not seeing anything....
River Jude Phoenix was dead.


End flashback

Rain started to weep and mourn, wishing her big brother was still here with her.

After some time she dried her tears with the hem of her white dress.
Then it happened.

A hand touched her shoulder, and she jumped up. She looked around, but saw no one.

Then she heard a voice in the wind...

"Rain....Rain...Rainbow..."

Rain's breath caught in her throat. That voice.

Then she looked over at the square patch of shadows next to the tomb....and almost fainted away.

There, walking towards her, was....her big brother....

"No!" she said, her tone one of shock.

River smiled.

"Yes, Rain, it's me," he purred. His black guitar case was in his left hand.

Rain couldn't help it. She stared at her big brother. He looked so...handsome wearing black.
And an aura of confidence was coming from him - something he never had except in the movies when he was alive.

His top teeth were like huge fangs, at least an inch and a half in length.
The bottom canines were nearly half as long, and the rest of his teeth had taken up a sharp tip as well, though not as long.

"R-River?" she asked. "What happened?"

"Oh little sister," River purred. "I did."

"But River, you are dead."

"No," he said. "I am undead."

Rain wanted to back away, but her feet did not cooperate. For the first time in her life, she was afraid...of her own big brother.

River smirked. He could sense his little sister's fear of him. He walked over to her.

"No, River," she said. "Stay away from me!"

"Come now, little sister," he said in that voice. "You cannot be afraid of me, your big brother, now. Or are you?"

Rain was silent. He smiled, then held out his hand.

"Come to me, Rain."
Sign up to rate and review this story