Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > An unforseen event

An unforseen event

by TheDragoness1992 0 reviews

Atlnta's been acting strangely these past times...ugh, I suck at summaries, but the story is better than it sounds, trust me!a lot of AXA, NOW RE EDITED!!

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-11-01 - Updated: 2007-11-30 - 1508 words

-1Cliche
disclaimer: Ido not own class of the titans. i only own this story...
***********
Five years had passed since that fateful day, when the chosen seven where united in the battle against Cronus, and five years had also passed since a certain purple-headed boy had been entranced by a certain red-headed girl. Though it had taken a long time for Archie to admit his feelings to Atlanta, it had payed off, for now, both at twenty, the cute couple were engaged! Well, soon to BE engaged, once the purple-headed lazy warrior got off his butt to go and ask Atlanta. In fact, Archie was still lying in bed, in the same room at the brownstone that he had had for the past five years.

Rubbing the diamond- studded gold engagement ring in his finger, Archie stared at the same exact spot on the ceiling. Gods, that ceiling was REALLY starting to get boring to look at. Even though he, Jay, Neil, Odie, Herry, Theresa and Atlanta had graduated from high school four years ago, they had not moved out, since they were all going to universities nearby, and had decided to stay within the walls that held many memories, both good and bad.
As Archie’s thoughts continued to wander off in la-la land, a sudden thought struck him: the way that Atlanta had been acting this past week. He had first noticed it on Monday morning, at breakfast. Instead of the usual pancakes or cereal, Atlanta had a mountain of strawberries in front of her, a mountain that was quickly receding as she wolfed them down. Atlanta wouldn’t even let anyone take any! Every time someone would come too close to her hoard, she would shift away not-so-subtly. It wasn’t only that that had caught Archie’s attention, though. On Wednesday, Atlanta decided to take up a new hobby. Archie, thinking it would be something like sword fighting, or maybe even kickboxing, was very, very surprised when it turned out to be knitting. KNITTING! He clearly remembered the faces of his five other friends’ jaws drop.

As he sat and gazed at a different spot on the ceiling, a delicious, tantalizing smell crept up from the kitchen, and into his large, slightly crooked nose. He did not know what it was, but he knew who had made it: Atlanta. Only she could wake him up from a very serious case of boredom with her cooking. Pocketing the engagement ring, Archie headed downstairs, following his nose.
“Maybe I should ask her to marry me now...” he thought.
Yes, that was what he would do. If no one was around, he would present the engagement ring (woven by Hephaestus himself) to Atlanta.

Archie’s gold brace gave the familiar clanking sound as he made his way downstairs, ignoring everything around him but the sweet smell, growing steadily stronger as he approached the kitchen.
Once he entered the said room, Archie couldn’t help but let his jaw drop, for before him, on almost every surface, were strawberries. Strawberries everywhere! Strawberry muffins, cakes, pies, tarts, ice cream, smoothies... almost everything that could be made with strawberries was in this kitchen, where an eighteen year old red-headed huntress was busy making strawberry and spinach salad, her red hair almost blending in with all of the redness of the surrounding berries, her tongue sticking out in concentration, and her face streaked with red berry goo.
Now done with her salad, she put it next to all of the other strawberry concoctions, grabbing an egg beater on the way, and whisking a red coloured something in a great big bowl.

“Wow, you’ve been busy, Lannie!” Archie said as he approached Atlanta and hugged her from behind.”Oh, hey there honey. Ya, I’ve been cooking all morning!”
“I can see that!” Archie retorted sarcastically. “But why strawberries? What happened to apples? Chocolate? Or even bananas?”
Atlanta just stuck her tongue out at him. “Well, I guess I’m just going through a strawberry phase right now!” she said as she escaped from Archie’s hug and started dumping whatever she had been whisking in an even bigger bowl.
“Ya, I can see that...” Archie replied.

Deciding that it was best to ask her now, he nervously approached her.
“Atlanta...” he said.
Then, just as his courage had built up enough for him to ask her to be his wife, the front doors opened, and in walked Herry, Odie, and Neil.
“Hey guys” Herry greeted. “What’s ne- whoa, SOMEONE has been busy lately!” he exclaimed, seeing the mountain of food, and licking his lips in anticipation.

Though Atlanta looked proud at his comment, Archie was really pissed off. He was just about to ask the girl he loved to marry him, and these three just had to walk in.
Remembering that he had wanted to tell her something, Atlanta turned towards Archie. “What is it that you were saying, Arch?” she asked. He was about to blurt everything out when he noticed the three guys standing a little way of, listening to the conversation. “Naw, it’s okay, I’ll tell you later.” Archie replied, and with a quick peck to her strawberry-flavoured cheeks, he returned to his room, though not before hearing Atlanta yell after him: “well, tell me tonight, since I’m going out shopping with Theresa!”

“So, where do you want to start?” Theresa asked. She and Atlanta were in Theresa’s red convertible, heading for the mall.
“Maybe we could go and see that new-“suddenly, Theresa went rigid, her eyes glazed over, staring at nothing. Atlanta knew what was happening: Theresa was having another one of her visions. Usually, Atlanta wouldn’t have disturbed her friend during these times, but since a corner was coming up, Atlanta grabbed the steering wheel and turned sharply, steering the car until Theresa ‘woke up’. Theresa then parked the car and turned towards Atlanta.
“When was the last time that you had your period?” Theresa asked, a hint of forebode in her voice.
Atlanta opened her mouth as if she was going to say that she was regular, then closed it again, and started thinking. When WAS the last time that she had had her period? Trying to summon a time-table in her head, she said: “you know, I think I’m something like two or three weeks late...I usually don’t really keep track...”
Theresa just nodded, turned the car around and said:”Were going to the pharmacy.” Before speeding off.

Archie was walking down the hallway of the Brownstone when he heard crying coming from the bathroom. From being with Atlanta for almost three years, he could easily identify it as Atlanta’s crying.
“Lannie?” he asked the door as he carefully opened the door a crack.”Lannie, are you okay?” he asked as he approached the slim figure lying on the floor. Atlanta lifted her head, and when she saw Archie, she smiled that million dollar smile that had captivated him from day one. “Are you okay?” Archie asked once again. Suddenly, she threw herself at his neck, and hugged him. Not knowing what to do, Archie hugged her back. “What’s wrong?” he asked. Atlanta pulled away from him and looked him straight in the eyes. “Archie, I need to know... do you love me?” startled, Archie looked her in those green eyes of hers, searching for answers. He could detect worry in the tear-glazed orbs of hers. And...something else...joy? Now that he looked closely at her, she was smiling from ear to ear, and she almost seemed to be glowing.
“Of course I love you, Lannie... here to prove it...” he said as he fished for the engagement ring that he had been planning to give to her later tonight. Holding the golden band in his fingers, he calmly said: “Atlanta, it has been almost three years that we have been going out with each other, and I have loved you since day one. And so, Atlanta Smith, will you marry me?”
Atlanta was speechless. Finally, after shaking off her surprise, she once again jumped at Archie’s neck, whispering in his ear: “yes, Archie Summers, I will marry you!”
Archie smiled. His dream had finally come true! He was going to marry the girl of his dreams! Gently pushing Atlanta away, Archie gently took her hand, and slid the ring on her finger. Atlanta admired the golden band for a moment, before finally saying to her new fiancé: “you have no idea how much this means to me, Archie... and plus, you choose the best time ever to ask me!”
Archie cocked his head to the side curiously. “And why is that?”
Atlanta smiled, and, placing a hand on her stomach, simply said:
“I’m pregnant.”




--------

so, what did you guys think? review please!( ill try and get the second part up as soon as i can, since its gonna be a series!)
Sign up to rate and review this story